Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #106
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Eli Manning and the Dreaded Underrated Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
New England's pass D is atrocious (worst in the league), so I thought Eli would have had a much better game than what he had. I was far more impressed with Flacco's 4th quarter drive. 92 yards against one of the best defenses in the league.

Not taking anything away from Flacco, he orchestrated a beauty of a drive but you dont think Baltimore and Pitt know each other inside out by now? Pittsburgh is Flacco's division rival....familiarity is everything.

Despite that, Flacco def gained some major points yesterday with his end-of-game heroics.

BTW did some forget Eli drove the length of the field twice for 2 TDs in the final 3 min ?
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #107
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

RMWG is trippin right now

Strong defense and a good running game with clutch quaterbacking is how Brady won titles as well. Ever since Brady started puting up God numbers in the regular season, he stopped winning in the playoffs
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #108
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In order of erroneous information:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
RMWG is trippin right now

Strong defense and a good running game with clutch quaterbacking is how Brady won titles as well. Ever since Brady started puting up God numbers in the regular season, he stopped winning in the playoffs
FYI, the Pats only had a good running attack in the third Champ year with Dillon killing it. In 2001 they were 13th, 27th in 2003 and 7th in 2004. The decline of the defense is the reason why the Pats have (hopefully temporarily) stopped winning SBs. I have never said anything different. Now you can thank me for your history lesson by explaining what anything I said has to do with this? You been smoking with the goofball in your screen name?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
do you disagree that Eli was the most important reason why the Giants beat your patriots? please answer this. or are you going to say "the entire NYG defense was" - well let me break something down for you, their defense played well but at the end of the day Eli was the reason they won the game (i.e. watch the 4th quarter).
The stupidity of this is that the Pats did not score in the entire first half and had four turnovers. If the Pats had their normal offensive output the Giants get crushed, that's a simple fact. No, one series is not more important than an entire half of scoreless football. Talking shit like this is the reason why you now look like such an ass in the Cam Newton thread. Guess you learned nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Dude.. Just stop. Giants had a really good defense but they also had great QB play in the playoffs. And stop acting like the Giants defense was this unstoppable force, they were 7th best in yrds allowed and 17th in points allowed that year. Don't compare them to that Raven defense.
Think: What did the Giants do to a Patriot offense that was historic throughout the regular season? It's fair to say that Manning stepped up his play that postseason, but it can't be denied that the Giant D played at an amazing level.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #109
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So in other words, Brady won titles because his defense helped him out and you criticize Manning for the same?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #110
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
So in other words, Brady won titles because his defense helped him out and you criticize Manning for the same?
I don't see how that's me "criticizing" Manning. No player in NFL history has taken his team to an SB solo and I would guess that the overwhelming majority of SB winners had a good d. Now, what I did say that you have misinterpreted is that Manning wasn't that good in the SB season. Well, if you disagree with that then explain to me what a pass rating of 73.9 says to you? 23 TD vs. 20 INT? He does have a good playoff run to his credit, I'll give him that, but this particular round of trolling was sparked by an idiot replying to me saying Romo and Vick had higher ceilings. Said twit had nothing to fall back on save Manning "winning the Superbowl." Well, when that's brought up it's fair for me to dissect the season he had when he won that SB. Was he a Pro Bowler? No. Was he above average statistically? No. What he did was to drive his team when it mattered the most. He deserves respect for that, but it doesn't show him to have a higher peak than Vick or Romo.

And to top it all off, I also said that Manning is having a better season than Vick and Romo. Yet somehow I'm a hater. Time to point out a fact: There are some dumb posters on this forum.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #111
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I don't see how that's me "criticizing" Manning. No player in NFL history has taken his team to an SB solo and I would guess that the overwhelming majority of SB winners had a good d. Now, what I did say that you have misinterpreted is that Manning wasn't that good in the SB season. Well, if you disagree with that then explain to me what a pass rating of 73.9 says to you? 23 TD vs. 20 INT? He does have a good playoff run to his credit, I'll give him that, but this particular round of trolling was sparked by an idiot replying to me saying Romo and Vick had higher ceilings. Said twit had nothing to fall back on save Manning "winning the Superbowl." Well, when that's brought up it's fair for me to dissect the season he had when he won that SB. Was he a Pro Bowler? No. Was he above average statistically? No. What he did was to drive his team when it mattered the most. He deserves respect for that, but it doesn't show him to have a higher peak than Vick or Romo.

And to top it all off, I also said that Manning is having a better season than Vick and Romo. Yet somehow I'm a hater. Time to point out a fact: There are some dumb posters on this forum.
Fair enough
Old 11-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #112
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

you're calling me an idiot when Eli hasn't even reached his ceiling? vick and romo have already reached theirs. nice pro-bowl seasons, as if those mean anything. in the grand scheme of things, i'm sure marino would trade one of his pro-bowl seasons for 1 superbowl ring. i don't get how you can say those 2 both have higher ceilings, as if you are some expert judge of talent. let me remind you that eli was a #1 pick and the giants traded up to get him. let me remind you that romo came out of nowhere, while vick has already let down the franchise that drafted him #1. gtfo here with your ceiling bullshit. how do we know eli's ceiling isn't looking as good as his brother? let me tell you this, vick and romo cannot sniff peyton's jockstrap. eli has looked as good as his brother usually does this season. and we still don't know what his ceiling is. eli's ceiling is a superbowl ring. vick's ceiling is tearing up a crappy skins defense while romo's is ... well uh jessica simpson.

i don't get why people try so hard to insult eli maybe they don't like his aww shucks attitude. or you still mad that eli said he is on brady's level. so salty dawg, let it go
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #113
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
vick and romo cannot sniff peyton's jockstrap.
But I'm sure you'd love to.

Done arguing Eli Manning with you. Your trolling has lost even the pretense of fact-based argument.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #114
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Eli played extremely well when it was time to make plays, but he didn't have a super game yesterday. He tossed a pick in the endzone costing his team points - a huge no no for a quarterback.

besides that mistake Eli was money. Brady made a couple mistakes that cost his team points....
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:37 AM   #115
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
But I'm sure you'd love to.

Done arguing Eli Manning with you. Your trolling has lost even the pretense of fact-based argument.
so if i don't agree with your ludicrous anti eli sentiments, its trolling

whiny boston guy stays whiny. you can keep negging me too, that's not gonna bring super bowl 42 back to you or even this week
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #116
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
This guy has never gotten a fair shake ever since he forced his way to NY in a very memorable draft day trade. He seems like a goof ball, sure he often looks confused out there (even though he recorded one of the highest wonderlic scores of all time in the NFL). The word underrated is probably one of the most misused words in all of sports. We often rate players correctly and as a result due to lots of players being overrated (mainly due to media) we think that a guy like Drew Brees is underrated, when in fact he's rated correctly.

If I were to make an argument for any Quarterback in the NFL being underrated it'd be Eli.

Let's talk the stuff we can grade on paper. He has one of the best arms in the NFL. Even though his delivery may be a bit unorthodox he has a better arm then his beloved brother even (admittedly so). He can make every single throw and for a while he showed some poor mechanics (i.e. throwing off his back foot) but that's all but a distant memory.

People like to talk about his laid back demeanor as a fault. If anything it helps him out. He's rare in the sense that he can have a horrible 3 quarters of football, full of bad passes, drops by his WRs, sacks from the opposing defenses, turnovers, and still come right back in their the next drive and instantly forget about it. I've seen him do this countless teams, he's pretty unshakable. I've seen lots of QBs over the years get down on themselves, when the mistakes start to pile up they begin to snowball. Mcnabb was a perfect example of this when he played for Philly - when the going was good, he was excellent but when things didn't go his way he often struggled.

I also find it funny that he had one of the greatest post season runs ever and yet it gets swept under the rug. Everyone loves to say how dominant their defensive line was, and obviously this is true but he still played brilliantly and made plenty of plays. If you go back and look at any SB winning team there is usually one common denominator - a great defense.

I am not claiming he's Aaron Rodgers or even Drew Brees for that matter. I am claiming he's in the tier below them which makes him an excellent QB that is very "clutch". I would take very few QBs over him and I think besides the Saints he has the best shot to upset the Packers and come out of the NFC.

Bump - But I actually think he's as good as Brees, so I'd like to slightly modify my statement that he's a tier below.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #117
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Brees is better but they are different. Brees is the system and the system is Brees. If you told me we are playing a game in a dome, on a fast track, in good weather (and especially in NO) then i'm taking Brees. He completes almost 80% of his passes. That is sick.

If the conditions are not ideal, Eli is better. Easily. Although when Brees was allowed to freelance against SF once the game was in doubt, he was freaking awesome. Criticism has to be levied against the play calling for not switching it up sooner.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #118
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Bump - But I actually think he's as good as Brees, so I'd like to slightly modify my statement that he's a tier below.
He isn't as good as Brees Marlo...their numbers aren't even close

This is still a team sport, and lets not forget that teh SF punt returner pretty much single handedly lost that game for the 9ers
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #119
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. is a pretty well-respected posterD.J. is a pretty well-respected posterD.J. is a pretty well-respected posterD.J. is a pretty well-respected poster

Eli isn't on the level of Brees, but he's better than people give him credit for. He's one of the better pocket passers in the league, though he's more or less done when force to scramble. But, one thing Eli has on most QB's is he's incredibly clutch. He can have a mediocre 3 quarters, then come through in the 4th for a win. He did that multiple times in '07 and he did it last night.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #120
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
Eli isn't on the level of Brees, but he's better than people give him credit for. He's one of the better pocket passers in the league, though he's more or less done when force to scramble. But, one thing Eli has on most QB's is he's incredibly clutch. He can have a mediocre 3 quarters, then come through in the 4th for a win. He did that multiple times in '07 and he did it last night.
he is getting a ton of cred now though...he isn't overrated any more

Stuart Scott just called him "Elite Manning"

people are asking if he will surpass his brother now if he wins the SB again...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: