Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2006, 04:30 AM   #16
Maximum310
High School JV MVP
 
Maximum310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Polluted Paradise, CA
Posts: 394
Maximum310 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
The Chargers will NOT go to the Super bowl
Agree... The Chargers will lose in the 2nd round to the Patriots...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
I say the Pats will win their 4 championship in 6 years. They'll beat either the Ravens or Chargers on the road. I think Rivers' inexperience will catch up with him against a veteran Patriot D. Tom Brady is still Tom Brady

DisAgree....I still think the Colts will go to the Super Bowl. They remind me of the St.Louis Cardinals this year. They Started of Hot, at the end of the season NO ONE gave them a chance because they had cooled of, and then they went on to the World Series.

Bears over the Colts in SuperBowl XLI
Maximum310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:52 AM   #17
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller
 
gsxr1kryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinoize
Posts: 331
gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far
Default

I wouldn't mind seeing McNair get to the Superbowl again. He deserves it. Just sad that it couldn't be with the Titans.

AFC superbowl representative will either be Baltimore or San Diego.


New England - wasn't it just 3 weeks ago that they got blitzed by the Miami Dolphins??? their off.line and less than stellar WRs will be their undoing in the playoffs.

Indy - no explanation needed. these guys can't stop anyone from running. loss to Houston?????????
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:04 PM   #18
AKA AAP
Banned
 
AKA AAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 404
AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.
Default

I posted a reply, but somehow it didn't go through. So I'll summarize. I think this year's Chargers have the ability to "step up" in the playoffs. They can win close games, ugly games, and they can overcome big deficits. The whole team steps up, especially the QB, in the later part of the game (Rivers' 117 QB rating in the 4th quarter compared to mid 80's in the other quarters).

I don't think anyone can truly judge their defense since they were shuffling in 3rd stringers in the secondary and linebacker positions all year long. They should be healthy come playoff time. Jamal Williams at nose tackle occupies two defenders every time. Luis Castillo at defensive end is nearly unguardable one on one. The outside linebacking duo is the best in football. Shaun Phillips with 11.5 sacks in 12 games with the knack of being a game changer late in games, and Shawne Merriman (who also can occupy two defenders) with 16 sacks in 11 games. Donnie Edwards at middlelinebacker, great in coverage. And a shutdown corner in Quentin Jammer who has only been anything but spectacular in one game (Chad Johnson). Everyone else on their defense is decent to above average.

Rivers' last two games doesn't worry me one bit. I think it actually HELPS them in the playoffs...

Last edited by AKA AAP : 12-29-2006 at 02:18 PM.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:17 PM   #19
AKA AAP
Banned
 
AKA AAP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 404
AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
Plus, san diegos WR's blow, and dont tell me they dont. Gates and LT are their only reliable receivers.

Gates and LT are the two best receivers in their position. And SD WR's are underrated. Ask Drew Brees who his favorite target was in 3rd downs, he won't say Antonio Gates. It's Eric Parker. Both McCardell and Parker are great route runners with great hands. The only knock you can make on SD receivers is the fact that none of them are really deep threats.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:50 PM   #20
Maximum310
High School JV MVP
 
Maximum310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Polluted Paradise, CA
Posts: 394
Maximum310 has an OK reputation so far
Default

The Chargers will play Marty Ball in the playoffs,
Thus, making em' ineligible to make it the SuperBowl!

Sorry Cool, Its just the way It always plays out with a Marty Schottenheimer lead football team.
Maximum310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:30 PM   #21
Cool
NBA rookie of the year
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,273
Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum310
The Chargers will play Marty Ball in the playoffs,
Thus, making em' ineligible to make it the SuperBowl!

Sorry Cool, Its just the way It always plays out with a Marty Schottenheimer lead football team.

Sorry man but I dont think that will be happening this year. The Chargers will step up and play there football. And they will be just fine. I dont care about Martys past either all I care about is that we win the Superbowl which is the present. Marty will be fine and so will the Chargers. Marty will be like Bill Cowher last year.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:32 PM   #22
Cool
NBA rookie of the year
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,273
Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA AAP
I posted a reply, but somehow it didn't go through. So I'll summarize. I think this year's Chargers have the ability to "step up" in the playoffs. They can win close games, ugly games, and they can overcome big deficits. The whole team steps up, especially the QB, in the later part of the game (Rivers' 117 QB rating in the 4th quarter compared to mid 80's in the other quarters).

I don't think anyone can truly judge their defense since they were shuffling in 3rd stringers in the secondary and linebacker positions all year long. They should be healthy come playoff time. Jamal Williams at nose tackle occupies two defenders every time. Luis Castillo at defensive end is nearly unguardable one on one. The outside linebacking duo is the best in football. Shaun Phillips with 11.5 sacks in 12 games with the knack of being a game changer late in games, and Shawne Merriman (who also can occupy two defenders) with 16 sacks in 11 games. Donnie Edwards at middlelinebacker, great in coverage. And a shutdown corner in Quentin Jammer who has only been anything but spectacular in one game (Chad Johnson). Everyone else on their defense is decent to above average.

Rivers' last two games doesn't worry me one bit. I think it actually HELPS them in the playoffs...

I agree with you 100%. We have a great defense but we have had injuries and suspensions(Shawne Merriman). So we will get healthy with our by week and have an advantage once we win homefield this week. I think we could beat teh Ravens because they would be coming to our city and we would have crowd advantage. So I am not worried at all. I think our defense and offense will be fine and Rivers will step up.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:34 PM   #23
shafir
I>You. Get over it.
 
shafir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,334
shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum310
[
DisAgree....I still think the Colts will go to the Super Bowl. They remind me of the St.Louis Cardinals this year. They Started of Hot, at the end of the season NO ONE gave them a chance because they had cooled of, and then they went on to the World Series.

Bears over the Colts in SuperBowl XLI
The Colts wont get to the Bowl, theyve lost 3 of their last 4, and have one of the worst rushing defenses in the league.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:35 PM   #24
Maximum310
High School JV MVP
 
Maximum310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Polluted Paradise, CA
Posts: 394
Maximum310 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
Sorry man but I dont think that will be happening this year. The Chargers will step up and play there football. And they will be just fine. I dont care about Martys past either all I care about is that we win the Superbowl which is the present. Marty will be fine and so will the Chargers. Marty will be like Bill Cowher last year.

Im not hating on the Chargers, would be kind of cool to see LT get his deserved ring, I just dont see it happening.
Maximum310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:29 PM   #25
West-Side
Decent college freshman
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,405
West-Side has an OK reputation so far
Default

I said Chargers and Panthers in the superbowl pre-season...too bad one of the teams disappointed the hell out of me, unless Carolina somehow makes the playoffs...I predict a SD Vs. Philadelphia superbowl...I simply have no confidence in Chicago, NO, Dallas or Seattle right now...that's why if Carolina sneaks in as the 6th seed, I feel totally confident they'll make it to the superbowl as a 8-8 team.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:32 PM   #26
West-Side
Decent college freshman
 
West-Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,405
West-Side has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Bears over the Colts in SuperBowl XLI

That's probably the least likely scenario for me personally...I see NE, Baltimore and SD all clearly more superior then Indy...and I just can't see Rex Grossman leading Chicago to the superbowl...they won't be facing weak ass teams like they did in the regular season and that defense will not score 3 TDs a game against good teams.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:21 PM   #27
Cool
NBA rookie of the year
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,273
Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum310
Im not hating on the Chargers, would be kind of cool to see LT get his deserved ring, I just dont see it happening.

No we all good. Its just I am a Chargers fan. And I would love to see them go all the way this year. And also I have bee hearing because I follow them closely. Is that Marty doesnt call plays on offense or defense its Cam Cameron and Wade Philips the offensvie and defensive coordinators. So that is why there is a high chance that he does not go back to marty ball because marty aint calling the plays.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:22 PM   #28
Cool
NBA rookie of the year
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,273
Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool
Default

I think the best amd most exciting Superbowl would be Chargers Vs Saints. Cause that would be Bress vs his old team. I think that would make for one hell of a Superbowl.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:37 PM   #29
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 8,114
MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default

ravens vs saints

i dont see how anyone will beat the saints in new orleans and i think someone will beat chicago in the divisional round.

im pullin for the chargers though. and the bengals, if they get in.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:17 AM   #30
Xplicit
Great young streetballer
 
Xplicit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 507
Xplicit has an OK reputation so far
Default

The Patriots aren't winning shyt this year. Their receivers can't catch, their OLine can't block, and their defense can't stop anyone anymore. People give them waaay too much credit. All dynasties come to an end at some point. Tom Brady wasn't so Tom Brady-like in last year's playoff match against Denver, was he?

And Pats' D are NOT better than Chargers' D. That's a joke

Chargers going all the way to the Superbowl unless Rivers fuhcks it up (could definitely happen). My backup pick is the Ravens.

EIther way, the Superbowl is going to be a snoozefest. Might as well hand the Superbowl trophy to the winner of the AFC championship game, cause the NFC ain't doing shyt this year. The 4 top teams in the AFC (Chargers, Ravens, Colts, Pats) would smoke any team in the NFC.. hell if you told me the Bengals, Broncos, or Steelers matched up against the Bears or Saints, I'd give them a 50% chance of winning that game..

Last edited by Xplicit : 12-30-2006 at 05:28 AM.
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy