Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool
Default Name some of your favorite TV Show opening themes/intros

Dexter - I rarely fast forward thru the intro. Pretty much myself every morning

The Wire (Season 2, the ports)

Fresh Prince - "Iiiiiiiiiiin West Philadelphia, born and raised........"

OZ

Last edited by Tarik One : 10-26-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #2
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Name some of your favorite TV Show opening themes

Victorious - Make It Shine

Street Fighter II V

Bleach Opening 1

Last edited by Mr. I'm So Rad : 10-26-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Price is Right, when Bob Barker was still hosting it.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #4
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

Good one
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:41 PM   #5
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board
Default Re: Name some of your favorite TV Show opening themes/intros

Kamen Rider Black Opening Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6akmlEEQnc

Also...

maskman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCjO2csGJXc
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #6
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Homeland - Political theme and jazz music blends really well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDiZuPoP7Ac

as for comedy show I thought 30 Rock had a pretty catchy opening
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:42 PM   #7
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #8
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Were. The simpsons.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #9
DFish
Banned

DFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Definitely most HBO series. They always kill with their opening sequences.

Some of my favorites:

Six Feet Under though... it's got to be my favorite. The music, the visuals... kind of sad and dark yet interesting.

The Sopranos is a close 2nd.

Last edited by DFish : 10-27-2011 at 12:02 AM.
DFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #10
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

BOOM

this show is something else. there was a thread about it and the general sentiment was that it was too slow and didn't grab you. i think that's the point. it has the exact same style as The Wire, and it was that style that really made The Wire stand out. the story was what it was... not that different from a whole host of spectacular dramas that have come out in the past decade.

with both Treme and the Wire, it's the dialogue that really shine through. i get the sense its intentionally written to keep the audience at somewhat of a distance, as if they're just dropping in on a conversation rather than being presented with it. it makes it hard to follow at the beginning, but you eventually familiarize yourself with the characters and their situations to such an extent that everything falls into place. Treme obviously has less of a flare for the dramatic. different setting... definitely a slower setting. but the characters are all just as real. perhaps more so, because there's less happening.

and best of all, it captures beautifully the emotions of a real city torn to shreds by a natural disaster. in twenty five years, this will be looked upon memorably as a realistic depiction of the sort of bullshit the city and its citizens had to put up with from the government of the richest nation in the world.

oh, and the music is second to none.

Last edited by RidonKs : 10-27-2011 at 12:06 AM.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #11
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

SuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this board

Law & Order SVU
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:07 AM   #12
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^yep
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:07 AM   #13
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The Sopranos
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:13 AM   #14
DFish
Banned

DFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDFish posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

The Sopranos intro is pretty simple, but it really sticks in my mind.

I remember the anticipation it would bring me in the early 2000s, watching it on Sunday nights... wondering who the hell the writers would kill off this time. Loved that show.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:17 AM   #15
DFish
Banned

The intro for It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is pretty good too, for a comedy.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: