Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
AAD
I brick open layups

AAD has an OK reputation so far
Default How good can brandon knight be???

Can he be as good as wall or brandon jennings like???
AAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: How good can brandon knight be???

Jennings? Possibly. Wall? No.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
Jennings? Possibly. Wall? No.

Wall only played 1 year so far and hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential. Knight can absolutely be better than rookie Wall.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Devin harrisish- not a better player than stuckey or ben gordan so will have a tough time taking over true pg of that team until one or two of the three are moved
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysunny
Wall only played 1 year so far and hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential. Knight can absolutely be better than rookie Wall.

The question wasn't about if he'd be a better rookie, but if he could be as good as Wall or Jennings eventually. At least that's how I read it. Besides, I really doubt Brandon Knight will get close to Wall's 16 and 8 with Stuckey there.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
Theoo's Daddy
IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST

Theoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheoo's Daddy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:

knight is only 19 yrs old with lotsa potential.
Theoo's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #7
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The question wasn't about if he'd be a better rookie, but if he could be as good as Wall or Jennings eventually. At least that's how I read it. Besides, I really doubt Brandon Knight will get close to Wall's 16 and 8 with Stuckey there.

Right, so the question can be interpreted as whether Knight in his prime can be as good as rookie John Wall, and the answer is absolutely yes.

Whether he can be as good as prime Wall is another discussion. Wall hasn't even reached near his prime so it's all speculation at this point.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #8
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Right, so the question can be interpreted as whether Knight in his prime can be as good as rookie John Wall, and the answer is absolutely yes.

I'm sorry, but I think it's a stretch to say at this point Brandon Knight will be close to averaging something like 16 and 8. Those are really good numbers for a rookie point guard and it's not even clear if Knight will start.

Last edited by Kurosawa0 : 10-27-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I think it's a stretch to say at this point Brandon Knight will be close to average something like 16 and 8. Those are really good numbers for a rookie point guard and it's not even clear if Knight will start.

Like I said, Knight averaging those numbers as a ROOKIE is a stretch, sure. But as a prime with multiple years of experience? Not a stretch at all. This guy averaged 17-4-4 as a freshman at Kentucky, very similar to Wall's in same school. Although it's probably worth mentioning Wall's game translates better in the NBA.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #10
Hondo
Go CELTICS!

Hondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected poster

Knight, all-star. Smart guy.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #11
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Like I said, Knight averaging those numbers as a ROOKIE is a stretch, sure. But as a prime with multiple years of experience? Not a stretch at all. This guy averaged 17-4-4 as a freshman at Kentucky, very similar to Wall's in same school. Although it's probably worth mentioning Wall's game translates better in the NBA.

Then I still don't get your objection to me saying that it's highly, highly unlikely that Knight will ever be as good as Wall.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #12
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

Quote:
Then I still don't get your objection to me saying that it's highly, highly unlikely that Knight will ever be as good as Wall.

lol bit of exaggeration there? I never stated in such way.

I'm saying Wall is nowhere near his prime, so reaching or surpassing Wall's rookie year isn't that big of a deal, especially for Brandon Knight's caliber. I do think Wall will end up a better player, but I can definitely see Knight averaging +20 ppg later in his career.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #13
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
lol bit of exaggeration there? I never stated in such way.

I'm saying Wall is nowhere near his prime, so reaching or surpassing Wall's rookie year isn't that big of a deal, especially for Brandon Knight's caliber. I do think Wall will end up a better player, but I can definitely see Knight averaging +20 ppg later in his career.

No, I think Wall has the potential to be a perennial all-star. Knight doesn't appear to have the same ceiling.

This takes us back to what I originally said. Could Brandon Knight eventually be as good as Brandon Jennings? Sure. John Wall? My answer at this point would be no. I have no reason to believe that it's likely Brandon Knight will be be as good or better than John Wall.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #14
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

Yeah, we clearly misinterpreted each other. When you say "good as John Wall" I'm referring to his CURRENT status, because anything beyond this point is pure speculation.

But if I had to guess, prime Knight will be better than rookie Wall, but inferior to prime Wall. There, I think that should clear it up.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #15
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's having a solid rookie season. 13 ppg, 4 apg, and 4 apg in 33 mpg. I think he will be as good as Prime Chauncey Billups. He has a better rookie season than Mr. Big Shot.

Good pick by the Pistons. Detroit will be a playoffs team in less than 2 years.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: