Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 10-24-2011, 07:32 AM   #1
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Pau Gasol: Lakers To Offer Juan Carlos Navarro A Contract

http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2...aux-bleus.html

Navarro could play with the Lakers if he gets an interesting offer, as per implied by Gasol.

Last edited by Euroleague : 10-26-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
Hondo
Go CELTICS!

Hondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Pau Gasol: Lakers To Offer Juan Carlos Navarro A Contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague

Thanks for this, awesome!

I would rep you again, but I have to spread it around
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo
Thanks for this, awesome!

I would rep you again, but I have to spread it around

Someone just gave me a negative rep for this thread and said "STFU whore".........

Last edited by Euroleague : 10-24-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
Hondo
Go CELTICS!

Hondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected posterHondo is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Someone just gave me a negative rep for this thread and said "STFU whore".........

Not me. I like how committed you are. I don't know how valid this is though, the translation is spotty. It would be great if they do offer him a contract, he plays well with Pau.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just don't see this happening.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #6
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo
Not me. I like how committed you are. I don't know how valid this is though, the translation is spotty. It would be great if they do offer him a contract, he plays well with Pau.

Well, he didn't say "he will join the Lakers", just that he would need a good offer from them. So he didn't really state what Navarro would do.

But since they have been best friends since they were kids, I assume he would know.

Last edited by Euroleague : 10-26-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #7
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
I just don't see this happening.

LA is a lot different than Memphis. Plus he would be playing with Pau and he would be a perfect fit with the Lakers.

So, I could see it if the money was right. But I believe his salary with Barcelona is equal to about $7.5 million per season in the NBA. So between that, and his huge buyout, he would need to get a pretty good offer from the Lakers.

But maybe Barca would let him out of his buyout, considering all he has done for them. Hard to say.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:05 AM   #8
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So, I could see it if the money was right. But I believe his salary with Barcelona is equal to about $7.5 million per season in the NBA. So between that, and his huge buyout, he would need to get a pretty good offer from the Lakers.
This is exactly why I don't see it.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:07 AM   #9
Locked_Up_Tonight
National High School Star

Locked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation here

Why would the Lakers offer him a contract when:

a) no one knows when the lockout will end
b) if there will be a hard cap/luxury tax/etc/etc.

Maybe it is stated in the article, but I seriously doubt **any** NBA franchise is making a pitch for **any** FA right now.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

Does this mean that Kobe will be traded ?
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:12 AM   #11
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
Why would the Lakers offer him a contract when:

a) no one knows when the lockout will end
b) if there will be a hard cap/luxury tax/etc/etc.

Maybe it is stated in the article, but I seriously doubt **any** NBA franchise is making a pitch for **any** FA right now.

He obviously meant after the lockout, not now. He said "he will need a good offer" from the Lakers, not that he is getting it now. He obviously meant after the lockout is over.

So he clearly meant for next season.

Last edited by Euroleague : 10-26-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:14 AM   #12
Locked_Up_Tonight
National High School Star

Locked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation here

Well it is definitely Pau's speculation and not from the Lakers. Because Pau has no idea what the new terms will be when the lockout ends.

And besides the cap situation, the new head coach Mike Brown might want to go in a different direction as the backup PG/SG.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #13
rodman91
Bulls

rodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise#3
Does this mean that Kobe will be traded ?

rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #14
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
Well it is definitely Pau's speculation and not from the Lakers. Because Pau has no idea what the new terms will be when the lockout ends.

And besides the cap situation, the new head coach Mike Brown might want to go in a different direction as the backup PG/SG.

They probably would not offer him enough money anyway.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #15
JGXEN
COOL STORY BRAHHHHHHH

JGXEN is starting to rub some people the wrong way

If it materialises, would it mean JCN would play point?
JGXEN is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: