Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-31-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
SonOfMattGeiger
I brick open layups

SonOfMattGeiger is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Will Amare make the hall of fame?

Assuming Amare will have at least 2-3 more seasons of similar career numbers and all star appearances, what are his chances of making the hall of fame? I have always been a huge fan of his even before the Knicks, and I'd like to think he has a decent chance.
SonOfMattGeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Will Amare make the hall of fame?

He should. If you look at the type of players that made it into the HOF in the past Amar'e would definitely not be the worst player in there. He is a legit all-star/franchise player, as he has proven this year in NY and has put up great numbers.

I don't see why not.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfMattGeiger
Assuming Amare will have at least 2-3 more seasons of similar career numbers and all star appearances, what are his chances of making the hall of fame? I have always been a huge fan of his even before the Knicks, and I'd like to think he has a decent chance.

He'll most likely make it. I can see him finishing his career with 10 or more all star appaerances and he already has 5 all nba selections. He has nice career numbers and has been a big name in the league for years.

Your username Matt Geiger was awesome. Looked like a pro wrestler. Was a beast on NBA Live 2000. lol.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat coolmillwad is considered somewhat cool

Hard one, it depends on his future perfomances.
'Til now he's never even cracked the top 5 MVP voting list and he's only been on the ALL-NBA first team once.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:38 PM   #5
senelcoolidge
Good college starter

senelcoolidge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrysenelcoolidge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I doubt it. Unless he really improves and has many more years of great production. I think he will go down as a very good player.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if continues putting up 37 ppg a game in a series
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #7
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Kellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputation

He's only 28, so I expect similar production for at least another 4 years at his position. It would be no surprise to me if he ends up with around 20/9 averages for his career and with 10+ all-star appearances. This includes multiple trips into the play-offs, better play-off numbers relative to his regular season performance, and as of right now he is in a good foundation with him and Carmelo as the cornerstone to one of the biggest markets in the history of the NBA.

15-20 years down the road, his lack of defense won't be as magnified as it it now. Based on what I mentioned above, I have no reason to believe why he would not make the Hall of Fame.
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:59 PM   #8
RRR3
NBA Legend

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

I will be shocked if he doesn't.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #9
Nori
I hit open layups

Nori has an OK reputation so far

Rookie of the year 2003
All NBA first team 2007
All NBA second team 2011,2010,2008,2005
All-Star 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2005
Career Average ; 22 ppg, 8,8 rpg, 1,5 bpg, 54 % FG
Playoff Average ; 23,5 ppg, 9,1 rpg, 1,7 bpg
I think he will make the hall of fame, also the way he plays the game, really exciting player and one of the most athletic big man to ever play this game. Also will probably end up with like 10 all star games, that's a lot.

Last edited by Nori : 10-31-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Nori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #10
JellyBean
College star

JellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation here

It is possible. But he would have to go on a serious run, in which he leads the league (or be top 5) in blocks, scoring, and rebounding. Then he would have to lead the Knicks to some ECF runs. There are a lot of former NBA players not in the HOF who were equal or better than Amare. On that list are, Bernard King, Marques Johnson, Syndey Moncrief, and Jamaal Wilkes. Just to name a few.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:33 PM   #11
RRR3
NBA Legend

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
It is possible. But he would have to go on a serious run, in which he leads the league (or be top 5) in blocks, scoring, and rebounding. Then he would have to lead the Knicks to some ECF runs. There are a lot of former NBA players not in the HOF who were equal or better than Amare. On that list are, Bernard King, Marques Johnson, Syndey Moncrief, and Jamaal Wilkes. Just to name a few.

Amar'e is better than a fair amount of players in the Hall of Fame already, dude (KC Jones? Tom Gola? Bill Bradley? . IMO He's better than all those guys you listed too with the exception of Bernard King pre-injury.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:36 PM   #12
bagelred
My team always wins

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

NBA Rookie of the Year (2003)
NBA Rookie Challenge MVP (2004)
6 NBA All-Star (2005, 2007–2011)
All-NBA First Team (2007)
4 All-NBA Second Team (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2003)

He'll make it. Especially with that resume already and assuming another 4-5 years of similar production.

Here's another stat. Every eligible player that has 8 All Star appearances has made the HOF, except one. Larry Foust....from the 1950's.....???? (Guys like Iverson and Gary Payton aren't eligible yet).

So if Amare gets 2 more, virtual lock.

Last edited by bagelred : 10-31-2011 at 01:44 PM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:38 PM   #13
RRR3
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
NBA Rookie of the Year (2003)
NBA Rookie Challenge MVP (2004)
6 NBA All-Star (2005, 20072011)
All-NBA First Team (2007)
4 All-NBA Second Team (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2003)

He'll make it. Especially with that resume already and assuming another 4-5 years of similar production.
Jew Power! (Amare is a fellow jew, remember!)
Old 10-31-2011, 01:58 PM   #14
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

no shit.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:01 PM   #15
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. is a pretty well-respected posterD.J. is a pretty well-respected posterD.J. is a pretty well-respected posterD.J. is a pretty well-respected poster

As of now, no. 3-4 more years of 25/9 or similar production, he'll have a good shot.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: