Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 12-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Default So Fratello Is Freed Up Again

The Cavs HAVE to jump on this chance to hire him. I can't stand Mike Brown and anyone who watches the Cavs can tell you that he literally does nothing on the bench. Fratello was the last really GOOD coach that carried the Cavs anywhere, and i really think he could do a lot for us again.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:29 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
The Cavs HAVE to jump on this chance to hire him. I can't stand Mike Brown and anyone who watches the Cavs can tell you that he literally does nothing on the bench. Fratello was the last really GOOD coach that carried the Cavs anywhere, and i really think he could do a lot for us again.

As much as I hate Mike Brown, I can't see Fratello being the answer either. What did the Cavs do when he was coach? We had some really horrible teams back then. Our best player was Tyrone Hill for a while. I'm still not sure how he squeaked into the All Star game that one year.

Besides, there's a reason he got fired from Memphis.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 12-28-2006 at 09:32 PM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #3
B-Low
The Love B-Low

He got fired from Memphis because Pau Gasol got injured and they needed to blame someone for the team's crappy season, so he got the boot.

And look at '98. He took a team of fat Kemp, injured Z, Cedric Henderson, Derek Anderson, Brevin Knight and Wesley Person to the playoffs. If he can get those guys to the playoffs, back when the east was GOOD (Bulls, Pacers, Knicks, etc) then imagine what he could do with this team that we have now.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:02 PM   #4
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

im all for getting the czar, as long as lebron is ok with it, i mean does LBJ like mike brown?
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:52 AM   #5
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
He got fired from Memphis because Pau Gasol got injured and they needed to blame someone for the team's crappy season, so he got the boot.

And look at '98. He took a team of fat Kemp, injured Z, Cedric Henderson, Derek Anderson, Brevin Knight and Wesley Person to the playoffs. If he can get those guys to the playoffs, back when the east was GOOD (Bulls, Pacers, Knicks, etc) then imagine what he could do with this team that we have now.

Mike Brown got us to the playoffs. That doesn't make him good. Almost half the league makes it to the playoffs.

The Cavs made it to the second round of the playoffs how many years in a row with Price, Daughtery, etc. and never did crap.

Is that how a level of excellency is measured now? Making the playoffs?

You do realize Cleveland has NEVER won a championship.

So why should we bring back one of our old coaches?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: