Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-31-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default What Were the First Year Jordans You got?

I got HELLA lucky and was just barely still in kids sizes. 6.5, so they were the "Sky Jordans" ( yes really sky Jordans because kids sizes then didn't have the air in sole. ).

Were only 34.99 not 64.99 for the adults, and I saved all my berfday money.

The black and red ones. If you were there, you know it doesn't get any doper....

Soak game....

Edit: the I's if you didn't know.

Last edited by Bless Mathews : 10-31-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:08 AM   #2
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What Were the First Year Jordans You got?

III's
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:10 AM   #3
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

I didn't get my first pair of J's until I went to college (I think) or the end of HS.

My moms grew up in the projects so spending that much money on a pair of shoes was like blasphemy to her.

I worked, cut hair, and saved my little money to buy these:

The black joints though.

I remember when they came out with the red and black patent leather J's and ALL the Blackstones wore them to school and they got sent home because they called the wearing of those shoes, "mob action."
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:35 AM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My first pair were the IV's I believe when I was 10. My favorite pair were the VI's. After that, I wasn't a big fan of Jordans.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:22 AM   #5
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle has not been impressing people

i think i was 8 or 9, i was so excited to get these shoes these were probably my first real pair of shoes. i played and balled in these so much there was a hole at the top where my big toe was.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

The first Melo Jordans.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:56 AM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The first pair of Jordan's I bought were the V's before my junior year of high school (2000-2001). As a team we'd worn the Questions the year before and I happened to sprain my ankle numerous times. Of course, I blamed the height of the shoe, so I was looking for a high top shoe for 11th grade. I was never a super crazy fan of Jordan's at that point, but when I saw those V's, I was instantly drawn. I had a hard time choosing between the colors below and the Laney Highs (royal/yellow). Ultimately I chose grey because the yellow didn't match my team uniform.

Still a big fan of V's. After my junior year, I was able to buy a second pair (in the same color). Then, around 2007 or 2008, I bought some white/royal V's and this year some white/red/obsidean V's. Contrary to a lot of folks in a lot of areas, I've worn all my Jordan's on the basketball court (except for the I's). They've served me well.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 10-31-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #8
DJ Leon Smith
Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence

DJ Leon Smith has decent reputationDJ Leon Smith has decent reputation

First Jordans I ever got were the Bordeaux when they first came out - they were the first sneaker I dunked in as well, was in high school at the time. Had to go buy myself two pairs now that they got re-released.

DJ Leon Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:40 AM   #9
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Air Jordan 10

pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:43 AM   #10
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I got the Black Cements IIIs for my 12th birthday.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:40 AM   #11
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

dope
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #12
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I never owned a pair of Jordans. Most models don't support my arches right, and the ones that didn't kill my feet were ugly. Not hating, because there are a lot of Jordans that I would have loved to owned.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:56 AM   #13
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I bought 1 pair of the XI due to hype and never looked back. The most overrated brand of any clothing brand in the world. For the price the quality isn't there. They take advantage of the collectors and resellers. I wear Adidas and never have been happier with shoes and more in the pocket
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:32 AM   #14
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The 6's.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: