Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-01-2011, 05:54 AM   #1
DatDudeD
In DUKE mode

Default Black Ops: Farewell Thread !!!!!

now that MW3 is around the corner i wanted to make a farewell thread to black ops. i wanted people to share some of there beast and worst experiences with the game.

For me personally BO is a great game and pretty well balanced outside of things like ghost but even then its not THAT bad. Gun balance was pretty good also (excluding sniper rifles). Probably the first COD and probably towards the end of MW2 that i realized i was more than a AVERAGE player. Also the first time i played with a group of players consistently, which is 100x better than rolling solo...lol. Had a TON of memorable moments and games, Kung slapping people with the m14 game after game... . GOBB capping flags ferdayz and a fellow AK 47 lover. Destroying teams and clans that run there mouths in the lobby.. . I met some beast players Kung,GOBB,Black
Ninja, Muff, Animosity, Fuzzy,Heuristic, JFK, Squadron, One shot,Portrunner,Thoraxe,Arterial,Russdog,Mr Rialto city,Zuyaha,OMG crab people,Trama,Jstnater,maniacjay and a whole bunch of other people.

I know there are some people who didnt like that game for various reasons but i really enjoyed the game a lot.
Ending numbers
W/L 4.82
K/D 3.89
150k Kills in 25 days played
A few of my good games: 101-4 reg dom, 100-6 Gw dom,99-3 reg dom,70-1 reg dom, 91-4 reg dom, 83-2 reg dom,77-3 reg dm, 65-1 reg dom (47 gun killstreak). I cant forget probably the funnest game i ever played in a FPS a comeback win when we were down by 60 plus points (kung you should remember that one...) there are a bunch more but those are some notable ones

Last edited by DatDudeD : 11-01-2011 at 06:06 AM.
DatDudeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: Black Ops: Farewell Thread !!!!!

I'll be hitting the prestige button soon. Might do it today.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
TylerOO
I serve the Usher's

I said bye months ago, game sucked.
TylerOO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
CelticBaller
Maimi Heat

thank god. that game sucked
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
Kobe Jnr
Banned

I farewelled the game a few months ago..

Had some good times, but it wasn't that fun, compared to mw3..
Kobe Jnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
Kungfro
Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatDudeD
Also the first time i played with a group of players consistently, which is 100x better than rolling solo...lol.

That is big, I think I had more fun with Black ops then any other COD because of that. Theater mode was a great addition too, always fun to take a look back at some of those beast games.
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #7
ukballer
Clippers & Bobcats

Enjoyed the few games I played with you man. I only remember playing with you and GOBB, and we played quite a few games together, and we always rolled teams over.

I said goodbye to Black Ops a while ago now though. I played it a hell of a lot, but certain things which I'll have mentioned on this forum dozens of times continually annoyed me about the game.

Went back to MW2 a few months ago and am having heaps of fun playing it again.

Still, had some great times playing Black Ops. Maybe I'll give it one last run sometime this week before MW3 drops.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Traded mine in a couple months ago when the trade-in value was still high. Wasn't playing it anymore and already had MW3 pre-ordered.

A good game/value in the end though. I loved the multiplayer and it was nice to not have 5 harrier jets flying through the map for nearly every single minute. Some of the maps were among my favourites that I've played in a COD game (Launch, Grid). Really fun and varied multiplayer experience.

The single player stunk though. The story was interesting but the gameplay was so damn bad and nearly every single part of it felt artificial. You were restricted to basically one set path and if you tried to get creative, you'd get a phantom bullet in the head. A couple instances of infinite spawning enemies was just lazy game design too.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #9
Heavincent
3-time NBA All-Star

I said farewell to Black Ops quite a while ago. It was a mediocre game and an uninspired effort from Treyarch. I sold it a month after it came out.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
LOGoods7
I hit open layups

I haven't played Black Ops in a while, doesn't mean I'm saying farewell to it. I only haven't played cause of all the other good games coming out recently. Black Ops is actually my favorite CoD of all time, and I don't plan on getting MW3 because it really really does look basically like MW2. Most people would say there's nothing wrong with that, but I HATED MW2. Too much noob tubes and guys running around with knives, and I hated how there was always some sort of killstreak in the air which made it annoying as fvck. I like how Black Ops was pretty much the most gun on gun in the series after CoD4, and even though there were still annoying killstreaks, most of them were easily counterable. I'll be back on Black Ops after I get through playing games like Arkham City and Dark Souls
LOGoods7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:28 AM   #11
The-Legend-24
Heat fan since 2010

I said farewell a week after it came out, game is garbage.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #12
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Holy shxx! 3.8 k/d ratio, op? Dayum. Whats your setup (perks, guns & attachments)?
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: