Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #31
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Week 9 Discussion and Game Thread

^^I'm a little torn on the Steelers vs. Ravens game. Normally, I (reluctantly) root for the Ravens in that showdown, but I'd rather face a Steelers team the following week coming off a win, than an angry Steelers team coming off a loss.

Lots of big AFC North showdowns coming up.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #32
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Obviously you didnt get the sarcasm about the NFC West. I did say the NFC South isnt as bad as the NFC West but obviously you cant read. I dont care about last year we are talking about this year.
The NFC South just isnt that good this year. All teams have taken steps back and thats just a fact. The games are not must see TV. The wild card will not come from that division this year.

The dumbest thing is that you didnt read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
"That's like saying the NFC West last year was interesting"? Are you serious or do you just not know anything about football? Idk where you've been the last 10 years or so, but the NFC South has been right there as one of the top 2 or 3 divisions in the NFL since realignment. Heck, look at last year, 3 teams in that division won 10 or more games.

One of the NFC wildcards has come out of this division every year except one (maybe two) since realignment. Comparing the NFC West to the NFC South is one of the dumbest things I've heard on this board, and that's saying something.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #33
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Sean Lee out vs. Seahawks and potentially longer. Tarvaris gonna go in on dat ass no vaseline!
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #34
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Sean Lee out vs. Seahawks and potentially longer. Tarvaris gonna go in on dat ass no vaseline!
we don't need a defense to beat the Seahawks...free win...back to .500

hope the Eagles can keep up....
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #35
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Ask the Giants....
Old 11-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #36
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Seahawks 11th in total defense, no chumps. 3.2 yards per carry against their D (best in league)....gonna be a loooong day for the Boys! Sidney gonna sit sideways on Newman or Scandrick or whoever.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #37
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Obviously you didnt get the sarcasm about the NFC West. I did say the NFC South isnt as bad as the NFC West but obviously you cant read. I dont care about last year we are talking about this year.
The NFC South just isnt that good this year. All teams have taken steps back and thats just a fact. The games are not must see TV. The wild card will not come from that division this year.

The dumbest thing is that you didnt read.

I read. You weren't be sarcastic. Someone pointed out how stupid that sentence was and then you started to backtrack. And just b/c you follow that up with "The NFC South isn't as bad as the NFC West," doesn't make it any better b/c the two divisions aren't even close. NO division is as close to how bad the NFC West is and that's fact. Good try, though.

Where'd you come from anyways? I don't ever recall seeing you post in the football forum. Are you migrating over from the NBA forum?

And I still believe one of the wild cards will come from the South, but that's just my opinion. The NFC is incredibly deep. Atlanta, Tampa, Detroit, Chicago, and whatever two teams (out of NYG, Dal, Phi) dont win the NFC East will all be battling for 2 spots.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #38
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I read. You weren't be sarcastic. Someone pointed out how stupid that sentence was and then you started to backtrack. And just b/c you follow that up with "The NFC South isn't as bad as the NFC West," doesn't make it any better b/c the two divisions aren't even close. NO division is as close to how bad the NFC West is and that's fact. Good try, though.

Where'd you come from anyways? I don't ever recall seeing you post in the football forum. Are you migrating over from the NBA forum?

And I still believe one of the wild cards will come from the South, but that's just my opinion. The NFC is incredibly deep. Atlanta, Tampa, Detroit, Chicago, and whatever two teams (out of NYG, Dal, Phi) dont win the NFC East will all be battling for 2 spots.
Show me where the back tracking? Where did someone call me out? Dont worry about where I come from its irrelevant. Just because you dont know who i am means jack sh!t! Their are other people in this thread who knows who I am.

The sarcasm about the NFC West was last year a division winner had to make the playoffs although they pretty much sucked. It was not must see TV. Again this year that division sucks so they are not must see TV. But someone has to win the division. The NFC South is in the similar situation although they arent as bad as last years NFC West but someone has to win the division but its not must see TV.

Considering that I said the NFC South is a mediocre division and I already quoted 8-8 for Tampa was a prediction meaning they are mediocre. At this point of the season I dont think the wild card comes out of this division.

The NFC South and NFC West division winners will be in the playoffs all other participants will come from the NFC North or NFC East.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #39
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Didn't the NFC West champ win a playoff game last year, while both NFC South teams lost in the first round?

Not trying to add fuel to the fire...well, maybe...
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #40
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Didn't the NFC West champ win a playoff game last year, while both NFC South teams lost in the first round?

Not the first round but 1st game.
NO got manhandled by Seattle and Greenbay embarrassed the Falcons(they had a bye).
Old 11-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #41
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer

Ravens are going to show everyone who the best team in the AFC is on Sunday Night.
fat face
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #42
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeittothehoop
Bengals should easily take care of the Titans. It'll be funny to see what Chris Johnson can do against the Bengals D. I'm guessing 5 carries 3 yards?

I don't like the odds for my Titans this week especially if they don't get some run game going but hopefully Dalton has a stinker of a game because it is probably our only chance this week.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #43
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

That's fine. But I think most here would agree that the NFC South is nowhere close to being as poor as the NFC West is and has been. That's what threw me off. But compared to last year, if you want to say the NFC South teams are down, I wouldn't argue that b/c I expected both Atl and Tampa to have less wins than they did last year, but that does not mean the NFC South sucks or is even close to being as crappy as the West.

The NFC South is also the only division to have all 4 teams participate in a Conf Champ game since realignment and have 3 different SB teams with 2 winners.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #44
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT

true. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE it when Atlanta and New Orleans lose. You can bet yourself I was cheering my butt off for GB and Seattle last year. I would PREFER it if the NFC South was a crap division, that way Tampa Bay could be in the playoffs most years. I would MUCH rather play in a weak division than a tough one. That guy just threw me off b/c he compared the South to the West.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #45
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

NFC West gets disrespected too much. In the last 3 years they have sent a team to the Super Bowl, and have won at least 1 playoff game every year, including last year, when the Sea Chickens knocked off the defending champs.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: