Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default How's the Wii doing these days?

I don't know anybody who still uses a Wii? Is it dying? Any of you guys have Wiis that are collecting dust?.....Regrets? The last Nintendo system I owned was the N64. As M rated games became the norm, I knew I wouldn't own another Nintendo system.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How's the Wii doing these days?

I still got one, but it's under my bed collecting dust. Don't regret getting it at all (it was a xmas present though), had a ton of fun playing it. I played the HELL out of Mario Kart Wii, and if I wasn't lazy I'd still play it now most likely.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

actually been playing the wii more over the past month than i have in a year or so. been playing through twilight princess in anticipation of skyward sword - the wii's final hurrah and it looks like a masterpiece.

no way i could have missed out on zelda, mario galaxy, metroid, and select few others though. glad i had it this gen even though the deeper games/experiences were few.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:41 AM   #4
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

it's really sad, I looked all around the ends of the earth to find one when it was first released, and I manage to get one at a gamecrazy (bankrupt now?).

I played twilight princess, mario galaxy and thats about it. Maybe wii sports alot when I first had it. But I gotta say, i don't think ill be buying a nintendo console next gen

the n64 was a beast, i dont know what it is maybe games this generation are better fitting for xbox/ps3
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:04 AM   #5
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

It's for kids, that's why....my son still loves his.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I dont play Wii much, but I dont regret getting it.. There are great games I still play..

Mario Kart with the wheel thing.
Me and the wife still battle on Wii fit and Wii resort

I still play gamecube games on it too..
Starwars games - Jedi Knight, Rogue Squadron
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you have people over a lot, that are female or non-hardcore gamers, the Wii is a very good console. I've had so much fun with it even though I talk about it like shit. Mario Kart, Wii Sports(and resort), Zelda, Super Mario Brothers, Madden 07(Madden hasnt been the same to me ever since ) and countless others. Resident Evil 4 was super awesome. The memories are flooding in, I dont think people realize it, but this was a console for the ages. Beautifully simplistic and straight to the point. All about getting people together of all kinds and playing games.

I'll never regret getting a nintendo console because they are the only one out of the three that you are guaranteed classic games even if third party support doesnt come. Hopefully next gen Nintendo will get more meaningful support instead of shovelware or shitty versions of popular games.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

I just started buying Wii points and got my son all kinds of SNES, NES, and SEGA games loaded on his HD. Definitely a plus.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #9
PrimeJohnnyDepp
Banned

PrimeJohnnyDepp is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Lots of Nintendo drones here. Are you even real, or paid? get a Wii if you have a brother or son or a girl, or get it if you want to play awesome NBA 2k12 on controls.. tried it on PC and WIi and am still playing it on Wii, it has abysmall graphics but i got used to it in a silly kind of way.. other games are like 5 minutes fun. it has some multiplayer gems that take time to get used to, but it's a bad, baaaad system. PS2 was leeeeaps and bound better, and PS2 games had better graphical experience. Games that fill the screen with albeit low resolution effects, Wii has only whites and just pretends to be ok. It's trash.

You have every reason to hate Nintendo. Don't let your kid grow up to be a nerd like AVGN, or an incredible loser and no-lifer. I'd ban things like Nintendo, WOW and other similar crap.
PrimeJohnnyDepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #10
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

On one hand, Metroid was a top 5 game this gen, for me(Maybe top 10 all time). On the other hand, Twilight Princess might be the biggest disappointment of this generation. House of the Dead wasn't a new game, but it brought something new to the console. It fell short of the expectations I had when buying it, but the high points (Metroid/HotD/neflix) were strong enough I don't regret the purchase.

To the OP, 80% of the use my Wii sees today is netflix playback.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:04 PM   #11
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Only really use it when we have people over, but its still fun every once in a while.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:50 PM   #12
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool

It's worth buying a wii just to play skyward sword, real talk.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: