Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-01-2011, 10:50 PM   #16
detroitkid816
Great young streetballer

detroitkid816 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Top Ten Nfl QBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Lists like this are always difficult, as the criteria can sometimes be confusing. Are we talking about the top 10 quarterbacks right NOW, this second, or just the top 10 "in general" with some "leeway" given to those who are injured/struggling a bit, but have the body of work to suggest they will rebound?
it's fairly general. There has to be a special case to switch around the upper tier normally. For instance, 8 weeks of mediocre performance from Rivers doesn't really change anything significantly, because he has the body of work, as you say, for the benefit of the doubt. The same applies for guys like Vick and Romo, who haven't looked as good as the guys below them this year, but have been extremely impressive in the relatively recent past. I mean, I can't put Fitzpatrick over Romo or Vick yet. It's only been 8 weeks. Vick was brilliant last year, and Romo led his team to a 13-3 record with ridiculous stats not to long ago.

Last edited by detroitkid816 : 11-01-2011 at 10:53 PM.
detroitkid816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:58 PM   #17
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
To this point of the season....

Rodgers
Killa Cam
Breeze
Brady
Roth
Staff
Eli
Shaub
Vick
Fitz

I don't think Cam deserves to be on that list especially with that bad record, put in Dalton instead if you want to include a rookie QB.

Alex Smith(srs) is a top 10 QB this year... Most importantly the niners are 6-1 but your going to have ignorant assholes like Jamie Dukes who keep on bashing Smith for no reason. 9tds-2ints, 98QB rating seems pretty ****ing bad to me!
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #18
detroitkid816
Great young streetballer

detroitkid816 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I don't think Cam deserves to be on that list especially with that bad record, put in Dalton instead if you want to include a rookie QB.

Alex Smith(srs) is a top 10 QB this year... Most importantly the niners are 6-1 but your going to have ignorant assholes like Jamie Dukes who keep on bashing Smith for no reason. 9tds-2ints, 98QB rating seems pretty ****ing bad to me!
come on dude, dalton has the second highest rated defense in the league this year. sure he's been marginally better in the clutch so far, but Cam is way more dominant. Through 8 weeks, he has accounted for about as many TDs as the entire panther's offense did through the whole year last year.
detroitkid816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #19
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Romo and Stafford are in top 10 then Cuer should be. He's done more with less.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:33 PM   #20
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

Sorry Cam has something like 19 total TD's and 2700 yds from scrimmage. He has kept the Panthers in every game. He cant kick FG's play defense....

Dalton has been a nice player but no where near top 10
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #21
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
If Romo and Stafford are in top 10 then Cuer should be. He's done more with less.
Cutler 9 TD 6 int Staff 19 - 4 please stop
Old 11-02-2011, 01:30 AM   #22
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Cutler has no supporting cast other then Forte so he definitely deserves some mention and probably a bit more respect as well. What really surprises me is the fact that people are putting Newton in their top 10. Honestly speaking I don't think he is a top half QB as of yet and I don't really want to say that in a negative way because their is still a lot that needs improvement in his game.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:15 AM   #23
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Cutler 9 TD 6 int Staff 19 - 4 please stop

Oh cuz it's so easy to throw it up there to Megatron hoping he'll come down with it.

He has 11 of Stafford's TD's. And Cutler's line is atrocious to throw behind. You've seen what he can do when he has time and it's pretty damn good. Stafford still overthrows wide open receivers on a weekly basis.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #24
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Cutler has no supporting cast other then Forte so he definitely deserves some mention and probably a bit more respect as well. What really surprises me is the fact that people are putting Newton in their top 10. Honestly speaking I don't think he is a top half QB as of yet and I don't really want to say that in a negative way because their is still a lot that needs improvement in his game.
Killa Cam has produced kept his team in games. Thats how he is top half. Steve Smith and Olsen looks really good these days a big difference from the scrubs Carolina has thrown out there the past couple of years.

Quote:
Oh cuz it's so easy to throw it up there to Megatron hoping he'll come down with it.

He has 11 of Stafford's TD's. And Cutler's line is atrocious to throw behind. You've seen what he can do when he has time and it's pretty damn good. Stafford still overthrows wide open receivers on a weekly basis.
So Stafford is using his weapons and he played how many games the past 3 years... still young and improving.

Cutler's problem is his FO and OC so he hasnt done anything special. I dont want to talk excuses the guy he just hasnt produced like the other players. Once you make these excuses tells me he isnt top 10.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #25
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cam Newton isn't a top 10 QB yet. He's having a great year for a rookie QB, but he is still near the top of the league in Int's and he had a few fumbles last week. I don't think many playoff contending teams would want him as their QB for this year because as a rookie he's still prone to making mistakes.

My top 10 list as of now (in no particular order: )

Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Manning
Schaub
Big Ben
Fitz
Vick
Stafford
Romo

Then there's guys like Matt Ryan and Rivers who I expect to pick their game up. Alex Smith has been playing very well but he doesn't have the passing yards to be included in the list.

Cam Newton would be in my top 10 list if we were drafting QB's for the future, but for this year alone, I don't see how he can make anyone's top 10 list. If he continues his play and limits his turnovers then maybe......
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #26
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman

B-Easy8 is considered somewhat coolB-Easy8 is considered somewhat cool

I agree with your list for the most part. I don't see what Romo does that make people think that he is so great.

I think Freeman should be there but I understand that you say he is inconsistent, he is incredible in the last half of games but his first half is usually bad. Then again his recievers and really that great.

I think Smith and Dalton should be honourable mention.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #27
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Killa Cam has produced kept his team in games. Thats how he is top half. Steve Smith and Olsen looks really good these days a big difference from the scrubs Carolina has thrown out there the past couple of years.

Steve Smith has looked good in the past with lesser QB's. In his prime, he's been arguably a top 5 WR in the league. Olsen is also a stud. A first round pick who played relatively well in a system that doesn't utilize the TE (referring to when he was on the Bears.) Shockey is also starter quality and Jordan Gross is one of the better LTs in the league. 2 RB's that have rushed for 1000 yards in their careers in Stewart and Williams. Cam Newton has inherited a team with offensive talent who have been sucessful before Cam was in the league.

Last edited by ALBballer : 11-02-2011 at 09:15 AM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #28
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:

Ok, so then Stafford has 8 tds to burleson, titus young, pettigrew and scheffler... Thats one less than Cutler has all season (plus his 11 to Calvin).

I'm not arguing that Cutler hasn't been doing well with what he has, I'm just saying that Stafford has still had a much better year.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #29
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
Ok, so then Stafford has 8 tds to burleson, titus young, pettigrew and scheffler... Thats one less than Cutler has all season (plus his 11 to Calvin).

I'm not arguing that Cutler hasn't been doing well with what he has, I'm just saying that Stafford has still had a much better year.

Lol @ "much better year". Lay off the ESPN kool aid. I don't think people have been watching the games, because if you were, you realize that Cutler is above Stafford, Eli and Romo. You folks are too fixated on big names instead of the the actual performances
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #30
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Lol @ "much better year". Lay off the ESPN kool aid. I don't think people have been watching the games, because if you were, you realize that Cutler is above Stafford, Eli and Romo. You folks are too fixated on big names instead of the the actual performances
How is Cutler better 1700 yds 9td 6int 2 fl.... His team has a decent record 4-3 but how is that top 10?

Eli Staff numbers are significantly better... Their teams are contenders. What has Cutler done this year by the numbers and record that is better than Staff, Eli??

Cutler's numbers are similar to Mark Sanchez his teams record is better then he must be top 10 lmao and I'm a Jets fan that aint even remotely close.

Last edited by Rameek : 11-02-2011 at 10:06 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: