Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #31
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: Top Ten Nfl QBs

I don't think it's fair to Cutler to judge him by stats compared to the other names being thrown around here. Cutler has some of the worst weapons available in the league, and a terrible offensive line.

He's not in the type of situation that stats prosper.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #32
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I don't think it's fair to Cutler to judge him by stats compared to the other names being thrown around here. Cutler has some of the worst weapons available in the league, and a terrible offensive line.

He's not in the type of situation that stats prosper.
So you dont go by stats Eli Staff are winning games with their arms... If he doesnt have weapons then what is he doing to be considered great? Brady doesnt have all pro anything but he made them great... Staff has a all world WR but he doesnt have a RB but Staff makes the other players better... Eli doesnt have all pro WR's but he makes them look good. Cam has SS Olsen ok but then Carolina was still trash for the past couple of years what changed CAM now they an offensive juggernaut.

Cutler problem is his Front Office and Offensive Coordinator. Maybe if they did things differently then he would look better. I didnt say this dude isnt talented but he and his mates have not done anything to warrant this guy being top 10. If's woulda coulda's doesnt warrant top 10.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #33
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Lol @ "much better year". Lay off the ESPN kool aid. I don't think people have been watching the games, because if you were, you realize that Cutler is above Stafford, Eli and Romo. You folks are too fixated on big names instead of the the actual performances

I've actually watched every Lions game and 3 of the bears games, and from what I've seen Stafford>Cutler. Stafford has also shown vast improvement in moving around in the pocket and still making plays. Hes having a good year.

I would agree that he's having a better season than Romo, not Eli though.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #34
detroitkid816
Great young streetballer

detroitkid816 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Steve Smith has looked good in the past with lesser QB's. In his prime, he's been arguably a top 5 WR in the league. Olsen is also a stud. A first round pick who played relatively well in a system that doesn't utilize the TE (referring to when he was on the Bears.) Shockey is also starter quality and Jordan Gross is one of the better LTs in the league. 2 RB's that have rushed for 1000 yards in their careers in Stewart and Williams. Cam Newton has inherited a team with offensive talent who have been sucessful before Cam was in the league.
Cam is actually playing better than Rivers, Flacco, Freeman, and others statistically. He has more rushing yards than either stewart or williams and has accounted for 18 touchdowns. But you make a good point. Of all the teams to go to, he probably went to the one most catered around his skill set. Too bad his defense is ass. I've watched just about every single panthers game and I'd love to see him in the playoffs.
detroitkid816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #35
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Cam should be top 10

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
I don't think Cam deserves to be on that list especially with that bad record, put in Dalton instead if you want to include a rookie QB.

I know people want to give the QBs more credit than deserved when a team is good, and more blame when the team suffered but have you followed the Panthers this year? Yes the Panthers are 2-6, but that reflects more on the team in general and not the QB. In at least 4 of those losses Cam did everything possible but because of questionable officiating or poor densive or special teams efforts we lost.

Just last week with under a minute left Cam made a play that would have resulted in a game winning TD that was nullified due to a holding penalty, and we lost the game by missing a 31 yard field goal. How is that Cam's fault?

And lets be real, is there truly anybody here that really thinks Dalton is either a) as good as Cam is now, or b) has a ceiling higher than Cam's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Steve Smith has looked good in the past with lesser QB's. In his prime, he's been arguably a top 5 WR in the league. Olsen is also a stud. A first round pick who played relatively well in a system that doesn't utilize the TE (referring to when he was on the Bears.) Shockey is also starter quality and Jordan Gross is one of the better LTs in the league. 2 RB's that have rushed for 1000 yards in their careers in Stewart and Williams. Cam Newton has inherited a team with offensive talent who have been sucessful before Cam was in the league.

Wait are you trying to down Cam because of the talent he has? We still have no true 2nd receiver, and before this season started 90% of football fans thought Steve Smith was done. The line of reasoning was that he hadn't produced for 2 years, and 30-something receivers generally don't have a career resurgence. Cam was a big part of changing that and now he ha s a legitimate shot at reaching 2,000 yards.

On top of that even though we have Jordan Gross our offensive line is still average at best. I won't deny that we have great tight ends and running backs, but I still don't see how this talent argument is significant.

Every QB in this league has talent around them, why should Cam be the exception?
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #36
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would just like to add this in regards to Cam Newton:

Last year in 16 games the Panthers scored 196 points. So far this year in 8 games they have scored 187 points.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:47 PM   #37
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Wait are you trying to down Cam because of the talent he has? We still have no true 2nd receiver, and before this season started 90% of football fans thought Steve Smith was done. The line of reasoning was that he hadn't produced for 2 years, and 30-something receivers generally don't have a career resurgence. Cam was a big part of changing that and now he ha s a legitimate shot at reaching 2,000 yards. On top of that even though we have Jordan Gross our offensive line is still average at best. I won't deny that we have great tight ends and running backs, but I still don't see how this talent argument is significant. Every QB in this league has talent around them, why should Cam be the exception?

I think it's a combination of both. Cam has a great set of talented players around him, especially for a team that had the 1st overall pick. How many QB's have 2 good TE's, a top 10 WR, 2 capable RB's and one of the better LT's in the league? It's a better supporting cast than Alex Smith, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Big Ben, Flacco, Josh Freeman, any of the other rookie QB's have...

Rameek was trying to make the point that Steve Smith and Greg Olsen are having breakout seasons because of Cam while I think both players were great players that needed a change. Olsen was playing in Mike Martz's system that doesn't utilize the TE (Vernon Davis had one of his worst season playing under Mike Martz since he was used more as of blocker lol) and Smith has been playing with inept QB's since Jake Delhomme started to suck.

Cam is a good player but he hasn't shown to be a Top 10 QB as of now. He's borderline top 10 but I'd take 10-12 QB's over him for this season. It's not really a diss but his high turnover and rookie mistakes (which aren't that much for rookie standards) prevent him for being a top 10 QB this year.

Last edited by ALBballer : 11-02-2011 at 01:57 PM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #38
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/71...season-leaders

^^^ total QBR

knock it all you want, but I am sure there is at least some legitness to it

I like this much more than passer rating now...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #39
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

^^^ total QBR

Bradford is GARBAGE
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #40
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Bradford is GARBAGE
well, I think part of that can be excused with no weapons at all, but likely not all of it...I won't lie

he is having a sophmore slump it seems...

I bet that rises though when he gets a chance with Llyod...he still needs more than Llyod though
Old 11-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #41
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

^^^ total QBR

How is Chad Henne ahead of Stafford?

And LMAO @ Cam's Rush EPA.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
well, I think part of that can be excused with no weapons at all, but likely not all of it...I won't lie

he is having a sophmore slump it seems...

I bet that rises though when he gets a chance with Llyod...he still needs more than Llyod though

Give Bradford Calvin Johnson and it will show Bradford is without question a bust. Because Bradford is garbage right now and if he had a WR like Calvin Johnson? Bradfords numbers would look really good. But he would be a result of Calvin Johnson. Just like Stafford is, and much like Culpepper was throwing to Randy Moss.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #43
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
So you dont go by stats Eli Staff are winning games with their arms... If he doesnt have weapons then what is he doing to be considered great? Brady doesnt have all pro anything but he made them great... Staff has a all world WR but he doesnt have a RB but Staff makes the other players better... Eli doesnt have all pro WR's but he makes them look good. Cam has SS Olsen ok but then Carolina was still trash for the past couple of years what changed CAM now they an offensive juggernaut.

Cutler problem is his Front Office and Offensive Coordinator. Maybe if they did things differently then he would look better. I didnt say this dude isnt talented but he and his mates have not done anything to warrant this guy being top 10. If's woulda coulda's doesnt warrant top 10.

Eli has weapons. I'm not sure where you're getting that nonsense that he makes them look good as to say they're not very good on their own.

Nicks is a legit pro bowl caliber wideout. Cruz has a bunch of really incredible grabs this year. Manningham is a fine option. They have a decent line up front. Bradshaw is a really, really good player.

Eli has weapons.

Brady has weapons too. He has the best tight end duo in the league, the best underneath wideout guy in the league, and Branch, whom he has great chemistry with and can win 1 on 1 battles the majority of the time.

Not to mention probably the best pass-blocking offensive line in football.

Brady isn't out there doing it by himself. He has more than enough weapons and he'd be the first one to tell you that.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #44
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
How is Chad Henne ahead of Stafford?

And LMAO @ Cam's Rush EPA.
Stafford is overrated like I said at the start of this thread...that guy lacks elite accuracy, and pocket presence...

would love to see what would happen if Bradford and Stafford swapped teams...
Old 11-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #45
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Give Bradford Calvin Johnson and it will show Bradford is without question a bust. Because Bradford is garbage right now and if he had a WR like Calvin Johnson? Bradfords numbers would look really good. But he would be a result of Calvin Johnson. Just like Stafford is, and much like Culpepper was throwing to Randy Moss.
yeah too bad Bradford had the greatest rookie year ever (till Cam now) WITHOUT a decent WR
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: