Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #16
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Default Re: What is Chris Johnson's trade value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Chris Johnson arguably the best RB in the nfl. He's worth atleaat a first rd pick. Teams like bengals, browns, jets would part with a first.
Bengals or Browsn maybe but the Jets hell no. Tannenbaum is a stingy mofo and they wouldnt take on that contract for any reason. He doesnt have the Rex Ryan character. He isnt a team first player.

Honestly this dude is running like a ballerina tip toeing and dancing behind the line. The Jets dont want no part of a dancer....

Gobb didnt say he was the best he said he was ARGUABLY implying off what CJ2k had done in the past and his belief who could rekindle the explosiveness.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #17
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
I was never overly impressed with CJ even during his 2000 yard season. He just happened to have an outstanding (and very underrated OL) that year. It was a flukish season, almost like the former Ravens RB (forgot his name) who busted out for 2k on the ground then fell off the face of the earth.

I can't remember the dude's name. He did a few months in jail for drug conspiracy

While the Titans o-line was much better in 09 than currently it is ridiculous to ever call them an outstanding run blocking line. The Titans have always had a below average run blocking line but were among the better pass blocking lines. However, the last 2 seasons they've had one of the worst run blocking lines I've ever witness especially among their interior linemen. Eugene Amano and Leroy Harris have to be the worst Center/Guard combination in the league with Jake Scott not being much better but with that being said not all the blame can be placed on the line because CJ deserves his fair share of it.

Honestly speaking I'm not sure what is wrong with him whether it is his game shape, an injury, not understanding the new playbook/new blocking schemes, complacency due to $$$, or whether he has lost his explosiveness/speed. Right now it is difficult to assess whether he has lost his speed/explosiveness because he was always a patient RB in the backfield waiting for holes to develop then would explode once he was 2-3 yards past the line of scrimmage. Anyways I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt due to what he did his first 3 seasons compared to the first 7 games of the season.
MMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #18
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Quote:
Chris Johnson arguably the best RB in the nfl. He's worth atleaat a first rd pick. Teams like bengals, browns, jets would part with a first.
I would do it.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #19
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
dude obviously doesn't watch Forte enough

Agreed.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #20
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

I think LeSean is probably the 2nd or 3rd best RB in the league, but I think Forte is the best weapon. Forte is probably the best receiver on the Bears too.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #21
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
I think LeSean is probably the 2nd or 3rd best RB in the league, but I think Forte is the best weapon. Forte is probably the best receiver on the Bears too.

Really??? One good game on primetime against the Cowboys and people are talking up McCoy like this??

I still think the top tier guys are AP and Rice. And then we got a cluster of guys like McCoy, Forte, Foster, and you have to throw Gore back in there now with the 2nd tier guys. They all haven't really separated from each other.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #22
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
Really??? One good game on primetime against the Cowboys and people are talking up McCoy like this??

I still think the top tier guys are AP and Rice. And then we got a cluster of guys like McCoy, Forte, Foster, and you have to throw Gore back in there now with the 2nd tier guys. They all haven't really separated from each other.

I guess you haven't seen McCoy at all this year, or even last year.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #23
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

ballin, if you can run on Dallas then >>> Peterson

seriously though guys need to be consitent every year like him before being placed above him...AP is in a league of his own

AP might be the last of his breed as well...the last true every down RB...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8

Mccoy 122yds vs Rams, 128yds vs Giants, 126yds vs Skins

He's #2 in total rushing yards behind Peterson who has played 1 more game than Shady. #1 in ypc among eligible RBs. #2 in rush TDs. #1 in rush yards per game.

Yeah man, one good game on primetime for Shady.

I was told Dallas run defense was great. And Shady ran all over it. 185yds = good game, not great just good. Gee Thanks

Last edited by GOBB : 11-02-2011 at 04:55 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #25
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
I guess you haven't seen McCoy at all this year, or even last year.

I have but tell me this. What has he done this year that guys like Forte, Gore, or evem Foster last season haven't done?

Forte is the whole Chicago offense right no. He leads the team in receptions, yards, and was the quickest guy to 1k total yards since Holmes and Barber I'm 04. Opposing teams know who to stop to control Chicago yet he still goes off on them.

Have you seen Forte play should be the question. Since he entered the league he is 5th in total yards from scrimmage and that is with teams stacking against him and castaways as his OLinemen.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #26
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:

He's #2 in total rushing yards behind Peterson who has played 1 more game than Shady. #1 in ypc among eligible RBs. #2 in rush TDs. #1 in rush yards per game.

I was told Dallas run defense was great. And Shady ran all over it. 185yds = good game, not great just good. Gee Thanks
2nd to Calvin Johson in total TD's

*he and Peterson both have 10 to Calvin's 11, AP one more game*

McCoy was doing this stuff last year, it's not like he just sprung on the scene. Guys had him in their top 10 of "best RB's in the league" before the season, had him like top 6-7 in fantasy drafts, it's not like people are overreacting off of one game.

Grouping him in that 2nd tier is fine. He's top 5 without question.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #27
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Quote:

Don't take the words so literal gobb. Obviously it was. Great game but it seems like people here just all of a suddem vaulted him to the top echelom of great RBs. He's nasty, his cuts are Barry-like but in all honestly, and it might sound homerish butif you want to talk about him as a top 2/3 RB then you gotta put Forte up there with him cuz their almost identical. Forte doesn't have the TDs but he's set up Barber for like three vulture TDs in the last four games.

McCoy is great, but don't think he's the only guy doing it big.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #28
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
I would do it.
Give up a first round pick? For a RB?!

Hell no. Average career for a RB in the NFL is, like, four years. They come and they go. That is why you don't see RBs flying off the board in the first couple rounds of the draft, generally. The league is loaded with talented RBs and it is probably the easiest position to strike gold with by taking a flier on a late-round pick or a guy off of waivers.

Factor in Johnson's recent struggles and I'm not even sure I'd give up a third-rounder for him. We need to work on our ravaged offensive line with one or BOTH of our first round picks this year.

Running back is way, way down the list.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #29
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

He's worth more than he could fetch in a trade at this point.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:07 AM   #30
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

He's playing so poorly this year. I'd be reluctant to give more then a 3rd for him, I doubt many teams would and have to pay him on top of it. He's not just going to snap out of it, he's averaging 2.8 ypc and getting significantly outplayed by Javon Ringer. He really didn't look all that great last year as well, but I'd never would have predicted this.

I think the most likely scenario is he got paid and simply doesn't care. He comes off having a terrible attitude.

Quote:
“You don’t get a big contract over expectations,” Johnson said. “You get a big contract over things you have done.”

I could be taking that quote out of context but considering all of the other semi retarded shit that's come out of his mouth he could very well believe that.

I think he might be done.

As far as Shady vs Forte goes. They're both elite backs and having better years then any other RBs in the league (honorable mention FJAX and AD). How about instead of comparing them to each other we appreciate the amazing seasons they're both having.They both are the total package and could do it all out of the backfield. Looking forward to watching them MNF.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: