Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #31
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation
Default Re: What is Chris Johnson's trade value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
He's playing so poorly this year. I'd be reluctant to give more then a 3rd for him, I doubt many teams would and have to pay him on top of it. He's not just going to snap out of it, he's averaging 2.8 ypc and getting significantly outplayed by Javon Ringer. He really didn't look all that great last year as well, but I'd never would have predicted this.

I think the most likely scenario is he got paid and simply doesn't care. He comes off having a terrible attitude.

I could be taking that quote out of context but considering all of the other semi retarded shit that's come out of his mouth he could very well believe that.

I think he might be done.

As far as Shady vs Forte goes. They're both elite backs and having better years then any other RBs in the league (honorable mention FJAX and AD). How about instead of comparing them to each other we appreciate the amazing seasons they're both having.They both are the total package and could do it all out of the backfield. Looking forward to watching them MNF.

i agree with all of this, including Mccoy and Forte both being great RB's...altho people will compare and argue regardless. NFL is a very what have u done lately league, since players can fall off into obscurity quick for whatever reasons.

i wouldn't touch Chris Johnson, i was never that impressed with him as a all around RB like AP, all i ever saw in him was being such a straight line breakaway threat. it was just hard to criticize him given his success.

i also think the Titan's Oline for a while had been one of the most underrated in the league when they had Travis Henry and someone else i can't remember right now rotating with him where they'd have some monster rushing games sometimes, but i don't know how they've changed from that point to when they got CJ....

oh and i also think Ahmad Bradshaw when he's healthy is one of the top RB's in the league. people might laff but i swear he gets the most out of every carry he gets, and is extremely underrated as a runner. even wehn theres nothing there he gets the max yards possible in those situations. not to mention he's a tough all around runner.

Last edited by Godzuki : 11-03-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #32
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Give up a first round pick? For a RB?!

Hell no. Average career for a RB in the NFL is, like, four years. They come and they go. That is why you don't see RBs flying off the board in the first couple rounds of the draft, generally. The league is loaded with talented RBs and it is probably the easiest position to strike gold with by taking a flier on a late-round pick or a guy off of waivers.

Factor in Johnson's recent struggles and I'm not even sure I'd give up a third-rounder for him. We need to work on our ravaged offensive line with one or BOTH of our first round picks this year.

Running back is way, way down the list.

i agree. i'd have a very tough time giving a RB a ton of money since i think there are a lot of others that can be very successful if given the opportunities. that is not to say some are great and worth it, but most of the time i'd be real hesitant. i'd be like Shanahan where i'd get a stable of good runners without the fame, instead of overpaying for a big name.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #33
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

again, if his contract still stands I don't think any team would take him for free...I don't think the Titans could give that guy away...

no one is giving first round picks for what looks to be someone that is out of shape and given up after he got his money.

sometimes RBs come in and have a 2-3 monster years and then disappear, it happens...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Randy Moss got a step slower (due to adding bulk/muscle) and gave up/quit in Oakland. NE got him for a 4th rd pick and the history tells the rest.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #35
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Randy Moss got a step slower (due to adding bulk/muscle) and gave up/quit in Oakland. NE got him for a 4th rd pick and the history tells the rest.

u can't overlook the Oakland Raiders period tho....or even post NE....
Old 11-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #36
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
u can't overlook the Oakland Raiders period tho....or even post NE....

I cant overlook that Randy Moss looked a step slower when running deep routes? Or that he dropped some critical passes in series? Or that he flat out quit because he only plays when he wants but most importantly when a team is winning. Fairweather player? Ok. You expect talents like Moss to go out and give it their all even if a situation aint great. Andre Johnson sure did it. Larry Fitzgerald did and currently does it.

I doubt Chris Johnson would fetch a 1st rd pick right now or at any point. Cant think of a RB that did in all honestly off the top of my head. But I think a team would get over by giving up less value than he is really worth. I'm still high on Chris Johnson so we'll see how he ends this season. Right now if I had him in FF I'd be upset I didnt offload him 4-5 weeks ago.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #37
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I cant overlook that Randy Moss looked a step slower when running deep routes? Or that he dropped some critical passes in series? Or that he flat out quit because he only plays when he wants but most importantly when a team is winning. Fairweather player? Ok. You expect talents like Moss to go out and give it their all even if a situation aint great. Andre Johnson sure did it. Larry Fitzgerald did and currently does it.

I doubt Chris Johnson would fetch a 1st rd pick right now or at any point. Cant think of a RB that did in all honestly off the top of my head. But I think a team would get over by giving up less value than he is really worth. I'm still high on Chris Johnson so we'll see how he ends this season. Right now if I had him in FF I'd be upset I didnt offload him 4-5 weeks ago.

i thought u were pointing out how great Moss was for how cheap NE got him....

just saying there was a reason why teams stayed away from him. many got burned, NE hit the lottery. but i attribute a lot of that to Brady keying in on him, like he does with Welker now.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #38
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
i agree with all of this, including Mccoy and Forte both being great RB's...altho people will compare and argue regardless. NFL is a very what have u done lately league, since players can fall off into obscurity quick for whatever reasons.

i wouldn't touch Chris Johnson, i was never that impressed with him as a all around RB like AP, all i ever saw in him was being such a straight line breakaway threat. it was just hard to criticize him given his success.

i also think the Titan's Oline for a while had been one of the most underrated in the league when they had Travis Henry and someone else i can't remember right now rotating with him where they'd have some monster rushing games sometimes, but i don't know how they've changed from that point to when they got CJ....

oh and i also think Ahmad Bradshaw when he's healthy is one of the top RB's in the league. people might laff but i swear he gets the most out of every carry he gets, and is extremely underrated as a runner. even wehn theres nothing there he gets the max yards possible in those situations. not to mention he's a tough all around runner.

Henry was a Titan back in 06; our interior offensive line was much better than the current group. Mawae still had some game left in his tank, Benji Olsen was a solid vet and Jacob Bell was a solid yet promising guard. In comparison our current interior linemen are some of the worst in the league. Eugene Amano has always been lack luster but moving him to center and putting more responsibility on him has set back the Titans offensive line the past 2 years. Additionally Jake Scott has regressed since 2008 and Leroy Harris has been as bad as Amano at LG. So I'm not sure what you are seeing that makes you think the Titans have an underrated line when they've clearly been the worst run blocking line the last 2 seasons.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #39
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Someone should make a thread about who is the best running back in the league.

CJ2k
AP
Foster
Shady
Gore
Fred Jax
Forte
Rice
Turner
MJD
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Someone should make a thread about who is the best running back in the league.

CJ2k
AP
Foster
Shady
Gore
Fred Jax
Forte
Rice
Turner
MJD

Throw Mcfadden and SJax up in there.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #41
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
ďIím still the same,Ē Johnson told Rome. ďIím still hungry because like honestly I feel like I just got this big contract but if God is willing to let me continue playing all these years and things like that I still want another contract. . . . I feel like if I wasnít playing hard and laying down, the coaches and the players they would have had something to say about it. They can see Iím practicing as hard as I can practice and Iím playing very hard.

ďI know for a fact Iím the same guy. Throughout workouts and things like that, same speed. When things are not working out how they had been working out a lot of people like to point to Iím not the same guy, not as explosive, lost a step, things like that. I can assure you thatís not whatís going on right now.Ē

So whatís going on? Johnson acknowledged that he struggled early in the season because he wasnít ready to hit the ground sprinting when his holdout ended.

ďI feel I came in not in football shape,Ē Johnson said. ďLike I was in shape but not in football shape. So I feel like Iíve been in football shape for a couple weeks now, so I donít feel like thatís the reason why the running gameís not where itís supposed to be at right now.Ē
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Football shape? You were better off saying teams stack the box with 8, 9 players.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #43
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Throw Mcfadden and SJax up in there.
I didnt think they would be eligible from playing too few games...

but i included Foster... lmao contradiction myself much lmao
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: