Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 11-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #16
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA champion

Default Re: Nicolas "Euroleague Pippen" Batum = 6.33 Turnovers Per Game In Euroleague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
This is false. Keep citing Wikipedia for your facts. Like the moron you are.

lol even if its 2, you get the point moron
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #17
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

Default Re: Nicolas "Euroleague Pippen" Batum = 6.33 Turnovers Per Game In Euroleague

Nicholas Batum MVP of Week 2

Quote:
With one spectacular play after another, supertalent Nicolas Batum made the first home game of the Turkish Airlines Euroleague season one to remember for the home fans in Nancy as the hosts pulled away to their first victory, 87-73 over Bizkaia Bilbao Basket on Thursday. Batum not only played nearly the entire game and flirted with a triple-double, but took over with 11 points in a 15-0 run in the final three minutes. The final boxscore showed the mercurial small forward to have a Euroleague career high 26 points – including making 11 of 12 free throws – plus 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals and 11 fouls drawn. That impressive performance left Batum with a performance index rating of 36, which was the most of any player in the Turkish Airlines Euroleague this week and earned Batum the bwin MVP honor for Week 2 of the regular season. Though Batum’s was the best, it was not the only impressive showing of the week. Olympiacos Piraeus forward Georgios Printezis and KK Zagreb big man Sean May tied for the second-best index ratings of week 2 with 31. Printezis had his best scoring night in two-and-a-half seasons with 21 points on perfect shooting and also recorded 7 rebounds, 1 assists, 1 steal and 1 block in an 81-74 victory over Fenerbahce Ulker. May was Zagreb’s lone bright spot with 23 points and 9 rebounds – both representing personal bests in his second Euroleague season – in a 62-81 loss to defending champion Panathinaikos. Rounding out the list of best Week 2 showings were All-Euroleague Second Team selection Ksistof Lavrinovic of Montepaschi Siena and Anadolu Efes forward Ersan Ilyasova, who each had 27 index ratings. Lavrinovic scored 12 points with just 1 missed shot in addition to 8 rebounds, 2 assists and s steals in just 20 minutes of a 79-57 blowout of Union Olimpija. Ilyasova tallied 21 points and collected 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks, but it wasn’t enough to stave off a 79-80 loss against Belgacom Spirou.

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/88744/180
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #18
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
Batum wins Euroleague MVP honors for week 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsIvQUTaVkU

and he's ranked #2 on the performance index rating:

http://www.euroleague.net/main/stati...gory=Valuation

are we looking at an MVP caliber season?

Well, since he is on pace to easily shatter the all-time single season turnover record in Euroleague history..............

he is certainly the Euroleague's leading candidate for the MVT (Most Valuable Turnover) award.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:29 PM   #19
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

Quote:
Well, since he is on pace to easily shatter the all-time single season turnover record in Euroleague history..............

he is certainly the Euroleague's leading candidate for the MVT (Most Valuable Turnover) award.

Guess it goes to show you how good your league is if the player with the most turnovers in league history is also able to win MVP.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #20
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
lol even if its 2, you get the point moron

Yes, I get the point. The point is that your general basketball knowledge was garnered at Wikipedia.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #21
Out_In_Utah
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Guess it goes to show you how good your league is if the player with the most turnovers in league history is also able to win MVP.

This is what I was thinking. If Batum is SO bad over there, yet still their best player, that doesn't speak so highly of the rest of the league. Thus, the OPs agenda is backfiring.
Out_In_Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #22
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA champion

Quote:
Yes, I get the point. The point is that your general basketball knowledge was garnered at Wikipedia.

Quote:
Anthony Parker in Euroleague
2× Euroleague Champion (2004–2005)
2× Euroleague MVP (2005–2006)
Euroleague Final Four MVP (2004)
2× All-Euroleague First Team (2005–2006)
Euroleague 2001–10 All-Decade Team

Anthony Parker in NBA
0 Championships
0 MVPs
0 Finals MVPs
0 Allstar Teams
0 All NBA Teams
0 All Defensive teams

And you get the point that Parker was a God in Euroleague and a below-average player in the NBA
Old 11-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #23
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
He's also the greatest Russian basketball player of all time. And as well as the greatest nickname of all time.

Greatest Russian player of all time is a guy named Belov. Kirilenko is probably 2nd though.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #24
JGXEN
COOL STORY BRAHHHHHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_In_Utah
This is what I was thinking. If Batum is SO bad over there, yet still their best player, that doesn't speak so highly of the rest of the league. Thus, the OPs agenda is backfiring.
Exactly. But since the lockout's ending soon(hopefully), i dont think that when Batum and AK47 returns to the NBA they can still be chosen as Euroleague MVP
JGXEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #25
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Nicholas Batum MVP of Week 2

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/88744/180

How can the GOAT only manage to win 1/3 of the weekly MVP honors? Very odd.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #26
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:

And when did the Euroleague hand out it's MVP award?
Old 11-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #27
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_In_Utah

The best player "over there" according to whom?
Old 11-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #28
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
And you get the point that Parker was a God in Euroleague and a below-average player in the NBA

Anthony Parker averaged 14 PPG in Euroleague when he won the MVP award.

The next season he averaged 12 PPG for a playoff team in the NBA. Then proceeded to average 15 points a game in the NBA playoffs.

Yeah.....but you have no point, ever.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #29
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGXEN
Exactly. But since the lockout's ending soon(hopefully), i dont think that when Batum and AK47 returns to the NBA they can still be chosen as Euroleague MVP

Funny, considering that the Euroleague rules state that no player that fails to make the Final Four of Euroleague is even eligible to be named Euroleague MVP.

In other words, Nicolas Batum is not even eligible for the award, unless his POS team somehow miraculously makes the Euroleague Final Four.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #30
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA champion

Quote:
I'm

of course
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: