Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default can Jon Baldwin get better than Dyawne Bowe?

First off NFL isn't my strong suit sport but I do follow the Chiefs.

Don't know if this was asked yet but will Baldwin be better than Bowe? He's bigger (6'5 235 vs 6'3 215), faster, stornger, he's got 10 inches of vertical leap on him. What's the report on this fellas?
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: can Jon Baldwin get better than Dyawne Bowe?

First thing hes gotta do is stay out of trouble
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
DaHeezy
College star

DaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryDaHeezy posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
First thing hes gotta do is stay out of trouble

Suppose he smartens up, who will be better?
Old 11-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #4
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Suppose he smartens up, who will be better?
He's a very nice young talent but he has a long way to go before he's better then D-Bowe. I'd compare Bowe and Baldwin to Miles and Dez. Both could potentially be #1 WRs but they're more like 1A and 1B. Bowe is extremely talented and playing very consistently this year.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I def think he's got superstar potential. He has the size, athleticism, body control, and ball skills that an elite WR needs. His hands looked suspect last game but he's still recovering from a wrist injury earlier in the year so I don't see it as a problem heading forward. He just needs to mature and get his mind right.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
DaHeezy
College star

Give me a player comparison
Old 11-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #7
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Give me a player comparison
Dez Bryant
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #8
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Dez Bryant

You had to do it huh. You know what and by who is going to happen next.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #9
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
I was just gunna say that
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #10
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
-pt- reminds me of Don Vito. He gets mad and goes off on these crazy rants but nobody has a clue what he's saying.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:29 AM   #11
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
He's a very nice young talent but he has a long way to go before he's better then D-Bowe. I'd compare Bowe and Baldwin to Miles and Dez. Both could potentially be #1 WRs but they're more like 1A and 1B. Bowe is extremely talented and playing very consistently this year.
Hmmm... I vaguely recall two posters arguing for days over how Bowe was going to do this season and whether or not he was truly a 'second tier' WR.

Have you come over onto my side of the aisle? Since I have Bowe in two of my five big money FF leagues, I've spent a good amount of time watching him this year. I've been pretty damn impressed.

He doesn't have great top end speed, but he also has a long gait that is often deceiving, maybe even to DBs he is playing against. If you aren't careful, he can get by you.

He is a good route runner, too.

But, his most impressive trait that I have seen this season is his amazing wingspan. If you get the ball anywhere close to him, he is going to find a way to make a play on it. That is a very underrated characteristic and it can make up for some speed deficiencies.

To answer the question, I don't really see Baldwin ever being as good as or better than Bowe. Aside from serious character issues that still concern me about Baldwin, I don't think his hands are as good (at least, they haven't look like it so far). They are sort of similar types of receivers, but I just think Bowe is better.

Btw, Bowe is quietly putting together a very nice career. He is rarely mentioned in 'best receivers in the league' debates and he is often looked over, but the numbers are pretty striking...

2007: 70 catches, 995 yards, 5 TDs
2008: 86 catches, 1,022 yards, 7 TDs
2009: 47 catches, 589 yards, 4 TDs **was injured and only played half of the season healthy**
2010: 72 catches, 1,162 yards, 15 TDs

This year, he is on pace for around 70 catches, 1,200+ yards, and 10 TDs.

Not too shabby. If he can put together back-to-back seasons of 1,100+ yards and 10 or more TD catches, you have to start thinking about him in the 'elite' category.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 11-05-2011 at 02:34 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: