Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-12-2006, 03:59 AM   #1
The Roxy
Decent playground baller

Default Are some Dinosaurs still alive?

Quote:
Although the monstrous creature was obviously a vegetarian, its size was overwhelming. Its hips could withstand the enormous force of each pounding step and its midsection was a mass of muscle. Its gigantic tail extended far behind him, not unlike a giant cedar tree swaying behind his body. Its bones were like steel girders with ribs like iron bars to support his enormous weight. This is the greatest creature to roam the swamps and rivers of the earth.

This article is one of many found within Mr. Malone's excellent book, Search for the Truth. Is this a scene from the blockbuster movie, Jurassic Park? It could be, but it isn't. This description, which perfectly fits an Apatosaurus, is a paraphrased description taken from one of the oldest books of the Bible, Job 40:15-24. If dinosaurs have been extinct for 65 million years, how could a writer of the Bible have accurately described the appearance, food, and habitat of this creature?

The vast majority of books on dinosaurs are written from an evolutionary perspective which assumes that the dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. The leading model for the demise of the dinosaur involves a large asteroid hitting the earth. Yet the most obvious alternative explanation is almost always ignored. Almost all fossils are the remains of creatures buried by water-borne sediment which has subsequently turned to rock. If this is due to the flood of worldwide extent, as the water flowed over all the land surfaces, animals would have been drowned and been buried by massive amounts of rapidly acc**ulating sediment. It is not all surprising to find a general lack of burial mixing between these very different kinds of animals due to local or ecological grouping.

Genesis 7:2 states that Noah saved two of every representative "kind" of land animal on the ark. Noah would have taken young specimens, not huge, older creatures. Dinosaurs would have emerged from the ark to inhabit an entirely different world. Instead of a warm, mild climate worldwide, they would have found a harsh climate which soon settled into an ice age. If climatic hardships did not cause the dinosaur's extinction, man's tendency to destroy probably did.

In the early 1900's on the Doheny expedition into the Grand Canyon, Indian cave drawings were found which closely resembled a duck-billed dinosaur. Legends from ancient China to ancient England have recorded descriptions of dinosaur-like creatures. The Kuku Yalanji aboriginal people have paintings which look exactly like plesiosaurs. These and other intriguing evidences seem to indicate that perhaps that age of the dinosaurs ended more recently than is commonly taught. Christians do not need to feel foolish about standing on Scripture in their understanding of the world around us. There is ample evidence to support the Biblical record. Evolution serves as the foundation basis for the religions of humanism and atheism. These world views are popular because man, instead of God, decides on rules and moral standards. Creation serves as the foundational basis for Christianity which acknowledges that all things were created by God, that we live in a fallen universe, and that it will be restored to perfection in the future.

There is a danger of becoming so indoctrinated by evolutionary thinking that we become closed to the creation alternative. As concerned parents, we need to be careful what our children are taught by making sure they are hearing all of the facts. By teaching them the evidence for creation and the fallacies of evolutionary explanations, they will be directed toward God instead of away from Him.

Read it before you post, it's a good read and was posted on by another person on another board . My summary... Some Dinosaur painting, pottery, and other culture-like object have been found all over the world. Way before in what we thought were millions years ago. This is like what we thought where dragons, but it might've been dinosaurs.

Like most area's, an Ecosystem contains its Predetors(sp?) and Prey. Bottom line: strongest survive. Well, since Humans have been around, we've been killing off most of the animals either for Money (Grr...), protection, or expansion of territory. We might done this to Dinosaurs. No, I'm not saying we take an AK-47 against a T-Rex, but they might've evolved to slowly change into smaller Dinosaurs. Yes, I know the closest living creatures to the Dinosaurs are birds, so please don't rant to me about that.

Its also quite possible that there are ones still swimming around our ocean. It's impossible that we have coasted and explored all our waters.

Note: Please be adults here. Don't say dumb things like, "Your insane!" Or "Your stupid, hahaha!" This is my personal THOUGHT. I am not saying you should believe this. Just something interesting that I found...

Thank you.
The Roxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:15 AM   #2
bail
Serious playground baller

yawn
bail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:27 AM   #3
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

You cant have a dinosaur thread without a picture of....

Yup, you guessed it, Frank Stallone....

Wait, what I meant was Chris Bosh. There ya go!

I know theres a better photo kicking about, but I'm too lazy.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:28 AM   #4
shadow
Laker fan here

i think the problem is that we've never found any fossils that indicate the animal's demise was more recent.

As far as the excrept from the bible, most holy books of different religions have accurate descriptions of things such as big bang, development of an embryo, etc which were unknown sciences at the time of writing. So its not such a reach for the bible to describe a dinosaur. It doesn't necessarily mean that the Dino's were running around back then. In fact if they were indeed around 2000 or so years ago we'd have better historical record and recent fossils imo.

A lot of cultures have legends of dragons so those drawings could represent dragons, but then again you could argue dragons were based off dinosaurs.

I wouldn't put it past nature to have allowed a handful of dinosaurs to survive somewhere, even now perhaps. Its doubtful but possible.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:37 AM   #5
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Interesting, but it is possible that all of that is based on the same thing that we base our assumptions on dinosaurs on. That is fossils. The Egyptians, Romans and Greeks were all accomplished scientists and studiers of the human body, no reason they wouldnt have studied gigantic bone masses if they found them and come up with accurate descriptions of what they would look like.

On top of that, it only takes an imagination to come up with a dinosaur like picture. Dragons, Unicorns, Minotaurs and the like are just examples.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:49 AM   #6
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

i thought you were talking about kevin willis
magic chiongson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:31 AM   #7
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Although the monstrous creature was obviously a vegetarian, its size was overwhelming. Its hips could withstand the enormous force of each pounding step and its midsection was a mass of muscle. Its bones were like steel girders with ribs like iron bars to support his enormous weight.

thats kevin willis indeed
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 08:11 AM   #8
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Wow...I never knew Frank Stallone exsisted.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:02 PM   #9
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

If you think humans may have lived with dinosaurs 65 million years ago, would there not be evidence of at least some kind of homini? But there isn't. The earliest skeletons date back to Lucy who is just less than 3.8 million years old.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #10
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

The author who wrote about the Behemoth and the Leviathan could have simply been looking at dinosaur bones when they wrote the passage. Any sauropod would fit the description, not just the Apatosuar.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:14 PM   #11
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

look, they still exist. Now can this ridiculous thread go into extinction?
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #12
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

I was going to be really disappointed if I didn't see a Chris Bosh picture by the time I looked in this thread.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #13
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Quote:
If you think humans may have lived with dinosaurs 65 million years ago, would there not be evidence of at least some kind of homini? But there isn't. The earliest skeletons date back to Lucy who is just less than 3.8 million years old.

The Egyptians mummified. Those old school cats were into incineration.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #14
kmatrixg
I hit open layups

Has anyone ever thought of the fact that the holy books were written in the Middle East, a place that is overflowing with natural drugs, whether they be sedatives or hallucinogens. I think alot of this stuff, like the flaming tongue, was a result of a mere trip.

To answer a question you might have, No I am not religious at all.
kmatrixg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #15
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Quote:
To answer a question you might have, No I am not religious at all.

It doesnt show ;). We need MFD to come in and preach his holy crap on us all now, we have heard too much devil worship and are all going to hell.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: