Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-04-2011, 11:37 PM   #16
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Default Re: Lebron lists his top 5 QBs, RBs, and WRs on twitter

Up to this point in the season

Fred Jackson should be in the top 5

Stafford (no running game really) and Cam (2700 yds 18td's with no defense or special teams in every game) should be in the top 5. And Ben Shaub Eli are right there.

Wallace and Welker are having top 5 seasons.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:33 AM   #17
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Mike Wallace is well on his way to becoming a complete wideout, if he's not there already. He's not just a speed guy running go's all game.

I think Andre Johnson still has a say in who the best wideout in the NFL is, but Calvin obviously has performed the best.

This. Andre is the most complete wideout in the game. He can run any route you want him to and block when you need him to. Calvin's still having a heck of a season though.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:27 AM   #18
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Calvin already had more touchdowns in 5 games then Andre has had in any season to date. You're telling me Andre Johnson is a better receiver than Calvin? Clearly Andre doesn't catch TDs nearly as well.

And everyone who is taking issue with his list, it's Lebron's list. Who cares? You can make an argument for everyone he has, not to mention it's totally subjective.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:35 AM   #19
DuMa
Canned

its not bad but its not good either. still you can tell he is a fan of the game. if the nba season gets cancelled, i hope he gets involved with a NFL team some how.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:40 AM   #20
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
its not bad but its not good either. still you can tell he is a fan of the game. if the nba season gets cancelled, i hope he gets involved with a NFL team some how.
so what exactly makes a list like that "good"?

id guarantee you, your list, or anyone's list for that matter would get heavily criticized and argued.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:01 AM   #21
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Anyone that says Wallace isn't a complete WR hasn't been watching him play this year. He is definitely a top 5 wideout in the league. I'd probably rank him 3rd after AJ and Megatron. He's that good.

And yeah, I don't have any major issues with his lists. Couple questionable selections, but nothing ridiculously out of place at all.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:38 AM   #22
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Nobody gonna mention McFadden? He has to be top 5 right now. Run DMC been carrying the Raiders to wins.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:33 AM   #23
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Anyone that says Wallace isn't a complete WR hasn't been watching him play this year. He is definitely a top 5 wideout in the league. I'd probably rank him 3rd after AJ and Megatron. He's that good.

And yeah, I don't have any major issues with his lists. Couple questionable selections, but nothing ridiculously out of place at all.

Wallace is getting there but there are still a number of wideouts that are more complete. Even in this season there have been a number of games where Wallace hasn't shown up for halfs/3 quarters of the game.

As for nothing being ridiculously out of place, how is Cam Newton being in someones top 5 not ridiculously out of place????
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #24
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
No Wes Welker in the receivers list?

And Cam Newton at #5? Please, he's just saying that because Cam is black.

Totally agree......LeBron is clearly a racissss.......

RK PLAYER TEAM REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G FUM YAC 1DN
1 Steve Smith, WR CAR 46 73 918 20.0 4 77 19 114.8 2 275 33
2 Wes Welker, WR NE 57 82 824 14.5 6 99 13 117.7 0 392 37
3 Calvin Johnson, WR DET 47 74 804 17.1 11 73 12 100.5 0 303 40
4 Mike Wallace, WR PIT 43 57 800 18.6 5 95 11 100.0 0 251 32
5 Jimmy Graham, TE NO 49 74 713 14.6 5 59 11 89.1 0 255 40
6 Greg Jennings, WR GB 42 58 677 16.1 5 79 9 96.7 0 209 29

....and Welker has played on less game than Steve Smith so far.
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #25
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

we can play the name game with cam newton, and i think we can go at least 10 quarterbacks until we can say newton is the better qb comparison.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #26
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Wallace is getting there but there are still a number of wideouts that are more complete. Even in this season there have been a number of games where Wallace hasn't shown up for halfs/3 quarters of the game.

As for nothing being ridiculously out of place, how is Cam Newton being in someones top 5 not ridiculously out of place????
Wallace is the best wideout on that team by a wide margin, so obviously teams are doing a lot to try to take him away, and he's still putting up ridiculous numbers. He's 4th in the league in receptions AND total yards, so it's not like he's catching 1 long ball a game and disappearing. Not sure how anyone can deny that he's a top 5 WR right now. He's probably the only reason the Steelers can run the ball half way decently with their offensive line.

Why is it so ridiculous? Cam Newton is playing better as a rookie than Peyton Manning played when he was a rookie. The numbers he's putting up are pretty ridiculous. They've already won more this year than all of last year and would have won more if their defense wasn't so atrocious. There's not many QBs I would take before Cam if I were starting a franchise today.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:21 PM   #27
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Wallace is the best wideout on that team by a wide margin, so obviously teams are doing a lot to try to take him away, and he's still putting up ridiculous numbers. He's 4th in the league in receptions AND total yards, so it's not like he's catching 1 long ball a game and disappearing. Not sure how anyone can deny that he's a top 5 WR right now. He's probably the only reason the Steelers can run the ball half way decently with their offensive line.

Why is it so ridiculous? Cam Newton is playing better as a rookie than Peyton Manning played when he was a rookie. The numbers he's putting up are pretty ridiculous. They've already won more this year than all of last year and would have won more if their defense wasn't so atrocious. There's not many QBs I would take before Cam if I were starting a franchise today.

He's have a top 5 season for sure but I would still take guys who've done it year in and out over the last few seasons;

A. Johnson
Fitzgerald
C. Johnson
White - despite having somewhat of a down year this season
Jennings
Bowe
Wayne - still having a solid year despite all the changes @ QB

As For Cam he is better than Peyton was as a rookie but there have been a number of guys who've had better seasons then Manning Rookie season. I can't disagree on you about his numbers or his impact on Carolina's competitiveness but I don't see how that put him in the discussion of top 5 QB over guys who've won SB's/won playoff games with him being only 7 games into his career.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #28
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
He's have a top 5 season for sure but I would still take guys who've done it year in and out over the last few seasons;

A. Johnson
Fitzgerald
C. Johnson
White - despite having somewhat of a down year this season
Jennings
Bowe
Wayne - still having a solid year despite all the changes @ QB

As For Cam he is better than Peyton was as a rookie but there have been a number of guys who've had better seasons then Manning Rookie season. I can't disagree on you about his numbers or his impact on Carolina's competitiveness but I don't see how that put him in the discussion of top 5 QB over guys who've won SB's/won playoff games with him being only 7 games into his career.

Yeah, you're probably right......I wouldn't include Welker who's caught more passes than any one of those dudes "over the last few seasons".......
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #29
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Yeah, you're probably right......I wouldn't include Welker who's caught more passes than any one of those dudes "over the last few seasons".......
no. because hes white

no offense or anything
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #30
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

He did it last season too. He had 1200+ yards and 10 touchdowns, which is every bit as good as what guys like White and Jennings did last year, and he's younger and faster than those guys. Like I said, I would only take AJ and Calvin Johnson before him today. All those guys are obviously great receivers, but if I was starting a team today, that's just the way I see it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: