Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2011, 08:41 PM   #31
northwinds
Banned
 
northwinds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,245
Default Re: Lebron lists his top 5 QBs, RBs, and WRs on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
no. because hes white



no offense or anything

I already knew that.....but thanks for posting.....
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #32
MMM
877-954-1893
 
MMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,593
Default Re: Lebron lists his top 5 QBs, RBs, and WRs on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Yeah, you're probably right......I wouldn't include Welker who's caught more passes than any one of those dudes "over the last few seasons".......

Welker is very good but he is tough to measure among other number 1 WR's and I'm not 100% sure on how productive he would be in other systems.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #33
MMM
877-954-1893
 
MMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,593
Default Re: Lebron lists his top 5 QBs, RBs, and WRs on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
He did it last season too. He had 1200+ yards and 10 touchdowns, which is every bit as good as what guys like White and Jennings did last year, and he's younger and faster than those guys. Like I said, I would only take AJ and Calvin Johnson before him today. All those guys are obviously great receivers, but if I was starting a team today, that's just the way I see it.


I know he did it last year but those other guys have done it for 3-4 years if not longer. For example Fitzgerald is still a top 2 WR imo but because he has Kevin Kolb/Anderson(last season) throwing him the ball he seems to be a forgotten man yet he is still the same WR as previous seasons.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #34
northwinds
Banned
 
northwinds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,245
Default Re: Lebron lists his top 5 QBs, RBs, and WRs on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Welker is very good but he is tough to measure among other number 1 WR's and I'm not 100% sure on how productive he would be in other systems.

Yep, you're right.....Welker has never been productive at any other level...I think he was a homeless guy in Boston that Belichick simply plugged into the "system" at NE....could have been anybody....in fact he's not even very good.....just a "system guy"....and, because of that system he somehow became the leading receiver in the NFL over the past five years......
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #35
jazz873
College star
 
jazz873's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,990
Default Re: Lebron lists his top 5 QBs, RBs, and WRs on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Oh please, don't tell me everybody thinks Brees is better than Roethlisberger. You could make the case that they are even, but Big Ben's two rings and three Super Bowl's >>> Brees' one ring.
That's your only argument?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:38 PM   #36
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*
 
ROCSteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,519
Default Re: Lebron lists his top 5 QBs, RBs, and WRs on twitter

Many of these lists can be subjective but there is no doubt that Aaron Rodgers is the best QB at this point and Calvin is the best WR. Anyone who says otherwise just wants to go against the grain or is a waste of breath like northwinds
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:39 AM   #37
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan
 
UtahJazzFan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 6,157
Default Re: Lebron lists his top 5 QBs, RBs, and WRs on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
That's your only argument?

What's your argument that Brees is better?
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:23 AM   #38
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,325
Default Re: Lebron lists his top 5 QBs, RBs, and WRs on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Calvin already had more touchdowns in 5 games then Andre has had in any season to date. You're telling me Andre Johnson is a better receiver than Calvin? Clearly Andre doesn't catch TDs nearly as well.

And everyone who is taking issue with his list, it's Lebron's list. Who cares? You can make an argument for everyone he has, not to mention it's totally subjective.

That's the only knock on Andre. He has low TDs and most of it has to do with Schaub's noodle arm and Kubiak's retarded use of him in the red zone. Kubiak seems to not know what a fade route is. Tell me one thing Calvin does better than Andre besides a jump ball? Route running? Nope. Hands? Nope. I have no problem with people having an opinion of Calvin being better than Andre but people here think it's not even close.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #39
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,739
Default Re: Lebron lists his top 5 QBs, RBs, and WRs on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Welker is very good but he is tough to measure among other number 1 WR's and I'm not 100% sure on how productive he would be in other systems.


Can't you say the same about Mike Wallace??

Give welker some credit..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #40
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 23,191
Default Re: Lebron lists his top 5 QBs, RBs, and WRs on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Can't you say the same about Mike Wallace??

Give welker some credit..

Why would you say that about Wallace? There is nothing he doesn't do in the Steelers system that wouldn't translate anywhere else.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #41
MMM
877-954-1893
 
MMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,593
Default Re: Lebron lists his top 5 QBs, RBs, and WRs on twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Can't you say the same about Mike Wallace??

Give welker some credit..

I'm not trying to take credit away from Welker but pointing out it is tough to compare Welker who is mainly a slot WR to other top WR.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy