Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Should Joe Paterno be fired/step down over this Sandusky shit?

A lot of people seem to think so. What say you?
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Should Joe Paterno be fired/step down over this Sandusky shit?

Did he know about it?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Did he know about it?

Apparently he knew about it for quite awhile. I thought I heard he told someone but never reported it to the authorities.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Last I read about it, Paterno says he reported it immediately to the AD. I'm just wondering why nobody reported it to the police...
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Since when does Paterno have bosses to report to?

He didn't do enough here to stop this. He should have called the cops. He needs to step down.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

He didn't do enough here to stop this. He should have called the cops. He needs to step down.
Agreed - this is shocking/sad/scary all at the same time
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #7
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Time to clean house in Happy Valley.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #8
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

i just read about it this morning. its f'in crazy what Sandusky was doing in their college locker room dude must've been hardcore pedo to be doing that there

i'd make my decision on how close Sandusky was with Paterno. if they were real tight i'd fire Paterno, but if they weren't very close i'd give him the benefit of the doubt. its hard to believe they covered this up. i mean its extreme, and u'd think if u knew anything about it the police would be involved, and Sandusky in jail. i'd be surprised if Paterno was that ignorant to it all...
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #9
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

Agreed. Yes, he observed the letter of the law by reporting something (nobody appears sure of what) to his "superior". But, when he sees Sandusky using the facilities the next week and month and year, he never thinks to ask "Hey, AD who has to ask to come into my office. Whatever happened with the guy who they saw molesting a little boy in the football team's shower?"

He'd have a far better excuse had he seen it himself. With those Mr Magoo glasses, he could have said he thought it was a bear riding a bike.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #10
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A shame for his career to be ended by this and it wouldn't surprise me if he passed away soon after, he seems like the type that lives for what he does. But apparently there have been something like 40 counts. If you know you can't permit this, there's no friendship that justifies this. This is a mindbogglingly disgusting scandal and if you have any kind of moral code you can't let it slide. And that goes doubly so if you're supposed to be setting an example for all the young men parents entrust to you as a coach.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Absolutely. I'm technically a Purdue booster (I think), this happened there they wouldn't get another cent until every single person associated was gone. The employees of a university obviously are the faces of the school, and to a lesser degree sometimes entire states/regions. That the kind of black mark you want associated with your school?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #12
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Him and Sadunksy worked very closely. At best, he knew something was wrong and did his best to keep his head in the sand. At worse, this was a terrible coverup. And the charges are heinous, rape, etc. As late as 2007 this same person who supposably was not supposed to be around and told not to be in company of small boys came to a closed practice with a 10 yr old boy.

They used to joke that if a Penn State player had one drink too many, Joe Paterno already knew before that player came home, because 10 people in town called him including the players friends. He is king there. To think he knew nothing is a huge stretch.

I'm not a Penn State basher by any means. I always rooted for them and always respected Paterno. He was like a Coach K to me, even if you wanted them to lose you couldn't not respect what they built. But he 100% should resign and even though he's gone soon (after this season) he really should resign now.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

"May no act of ours bring shame" is a line of Penn State's alma mater
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:31 PM   #14
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No I dont think he should step down.

He never witnessed anything so why in the world should he have been the one to call the cops?

If a person you barely knew came to you and said they saw a coworker of 30 years diddling a kid would you rush out to call the cops right then?

He told his superiors and that is really all he needed to do. Its not his fault the investigation never went down. He probably assumed the dude who saw it made it all up.

And so what if JoePa had a good handle on what was going on in Happy Valley most of the time? Sandusky was obviously fairly careful since he was only caught once.

The person that saw what was going on should be the one catching hell for not going to the cops. Not Paterno.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #15
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm not sure what to think of Paterno's culpability in this whole thing. All I know is that I am incredibly disturbed after reading the 23-page indictment yesterday.

First of all, I remember when Jerry Sandusky retired being incredibly confused, because it was widely felt that he would be the one to inherit the program from Paterno. I remember having several conversations with friends about what a surprise it was that he was retiring while in his 50s and after so much success.

Now, it is clear how things went. The idea that he retired to focus on his 'charity work' is pretty unlikely to me, at this point. I think that PSU did everything in their power to avoid what is happening right now and that included a quiet exit for Sandusky.

That hasn't been alleged, but it is just too logical not to deduce.

What baffles me is that he was allowed to continue using facilities long after the faculty and Paterno knew about the charges. I mean, what the f#ck?
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: