Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #31
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: Should Joe Paterno be fired/step down over this Sandusky shit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelix2000
"According to the indictment, in 2002 assistant coach Mike McQueary, then a Penn State graduate assistant, walked in on Sandusky having **** intercourse with a ten-year-old boy. The next day, he reported the incident to Paterno, who informed Curley. Ultimately, the only action Curley and Schultz took was to order Sandusky not to bring any children from Second Mile to the football building, an action that was approved by school president Graham Spanier. The indictment accused Curley and Schultz of not only failing to tell the police, but falsely telling the grand jury that McQueary never informed them of sexual activity"

Joe Paterno along with the President of Penn State University should be fired for this child molestation incident. Not reporting it to the Police? Come on, what does that tell you about these people?
yeah, I read that part in the indictment and it is truly sickening that the AD, Pa and the president were so willing to let it slide. Eyewitness account of **** rape of a 10 year old, in your private facilities, and you dont even make a police report? If only the Graduate assistant had called the cops right there.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:09 PM   #32
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
yeah, I read that part in the indictment and it is truly sickening that the AD, Pa and the president were so willing to let it slide. Eyewitness account of **** rape of a 10 year old, in your private facilities, and you dont even make a police report? If only the Graduate assistant had called the cops right there.
Millen brought up another good point: How the **** does that assistant just watch and do nothing? Was he wacking? What the hell man.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #33
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

This whole story is so mind boggling and sickening. I think they need to clean house, everybody who knew what was going on should be fired immediately. Joe pa, the AD, the university president... fire everybody. I want to see the AD and maybe some others go to prison.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:57 PM   #34
niko
I Run NY.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/DA-Ray-Gri...ing-Blog-41870

DA who chose not to prosecute it disappeared.

BTW, the graduate assistant who did not go to police, has been promoted consistently since then, and still works there, now as a reciever coach i believe. He's also a big guy. Why he couldn't yell STOP is beyond me.

And Sandusky, the last time he ran camps sponsored by Penn State (involved with Children)? 2010. The last time he visited Penn State? LAST WEEK.

BTW - his autobiography is named TOUCHED. Insert joke here.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #35
kentatm
NBA Legend

Ok, I am going to take back my previous post b/c its now coming out that in 1998 the dude flat out admitted in front of campus police and a victims mother that he was a molester.

I don't see how JoePa could have been in the dark in 02 if it had already made its way to the campus 5'0 four years earlier.

Joe has to go, the school president has to go, the AD has to go, and anyone else that had any knowledge of this needs to be out.

The DA that threw out the charges going missing for the last seven years is also very strange. Just how deep does this cover up go?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #36
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

I am very curious how ESPN and the media will handle the situation on game day, it's going to be weird what the reaction is against Nebraska is on Saturday, and I'm giving a 10% chance that Paterno is coaching by the team on Saturday.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #37
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Paterno was prob **** raping them too tbh, wouldnt shock me at this point.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #38
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Yes, he should be fired. It's a pity this is how his career and potentially his life will end.
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:31 AM   #39
Riddler
D-94

Found this bit of info on wiki interesting:

Quote:
Sandusky is married and has six adopted children. He also took in foster children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Sandusky

hmmmmmm..... might need to bring those kids in for some questioning.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #40
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

So sad that Joe Pa's career is going to end with this crap.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:31 AM   #41
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
So sad that Joe Pa's career is going to end with this crap.

Its sad that Joe Pa kept this guy around campus for a decade after initially hearing about the abuse. Its sad that he didnt go to the police after finding out the AD was not going to do anything about it. Its sad that kids got abused.

Its not sad that this is how his career is ending when he was part of a cover up like this.

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 11-09-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:42 AM   #42
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Its sad that Joe Pa kept this guy around campus for a decade after initially hearing about the abuse. Its sad that he didnt go to the police after finding out the AD was not going to do anything about it. Its sad that kids got abused.

Its not sad that this is how his career is ending when he was part of a cover up like this.

That's all true, and he is probably guilty of a cover up, or at least hiding the truth, but it still sucks to see a legend go down like this.

I completely understand that the real victims are the kids that were abused, and that Joe should take a hit for this. But he is not the one who actually abused the kids. There are different levels of guilt, and he is no where near as bad as Sandusky.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:49 AM   #43
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
That's all true, and he is probably guilty of a cover up, or at least hiding the truth, but it still sucks to see a legend go down like this.

I completely understand that the real victims are the kids that were abused, and that Joe should take a hit for this. But he is not the one who actually abused the kids. There are different levels of guilt, and he is no where near as bad as Sandusky.

He was aware of what was going on and still allowed this guy to bring children to the school training facilities for a decade afterward without saying a single word to anybody other than the AD... his level of guilt is pretty damn bad in my opinion.

It does suck to see a legend go down like this but you reap what you sow and he sowed some serious shit.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:13 AM   #44
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Sandusky is married and has six adopted children. He also took in foster children.

omg that is so fcked up...should get the chair
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:18 AM   #45
PowerGlove
By Any Means

why does he still have a job?? i cant see myself in his shoes doing what he did and leaving it at that. i would have fired sandusky right on the spot. all of the things that I have read, he's been caught doing illicit things multiple times and for them to just brush it under the rug is disgusting. Penn state needs to clean house.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: