Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Jordan-esque
Real Men watch CBM

Jordan-esque has a terrific reputationJordan-esque has a terrific reputationJordan-esque has a terrific reputationJordan-esque has a terrific reputationJordan-esque has a terrific reputation
Default The Dark Knight Rises - News / Speculation / Spoilers

Batman and Bane getting ready to film fight scene.

----
----

**** BIG SPOILER ****
Quote:

----
----
----

ENDING for Dark Knight Rises revealed?

According to CBM, this video is basically the final battle between Batman and Bane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUuwH...layer_embedded

Plus for those who want to know what the synopsis is all about:

SPOILER WARNING:

"Gotham has been under Bane's control for months and the police force has been locked away underground for months and in this scene they're recently broken out and rearmed and intend to take back City hall from Bane."

END SPOILER

Last edited by Jordan-esque : 05-11-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Jordan-esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
Knicks101
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - News / Speculation / Spoilers

SMH @ what Nolan is doing with these characters. First no nipple suits and now this shit? Bane is suppose to look like this.

Not that weak ass faggot.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan-esque

Batman and Bane getting ready to film fight scene.

----
----
----

**** BIG SPOILER ****

----
----
----

Potential ENDING for Dark Knight Rises revealed

According to CBM, this video is basically the final battle between Batman and Bane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUuwH...layer_embedded

Plus for those who want to know what the synopsis is all about:

SPOILER WARNING:

"Gotham has been under Bane's control for months and the police force has been locked away underground for months and in this scene they're recently broken out and rearmed and intend to take back City hall from Bane."
why aren't the cops using guns?
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
JohnnyWall
Banned

JohnnyWall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJohnnyWall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
why aren't the cops using guns?

because the batman
JohnnyWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

why is bane so short and weak looking, isnt he supposed to me some charismatic che guevera type, why's he wear that goofy mask?
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

its official -- nolan has decided to cash in on part 3 and not give a single ***...

get ready for spiderman 3 all over again folks
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #7
bootsy
I hit open 5-footers

bootsy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
its official -- nolan has decided to cash in on part 3 and not give a single ***...

Wow how dumb does this sound.

Last edited by bootsy : 11-07-2011 at 11:45 PM.
bootsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #8
DropStep
Good High School Starter

DropStep has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy
Wow has dumb does this sound.

DropStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #9
L8k3r5
Ariana Army

L8k3r5 is a pretty well-respected posterL8k3r5 is a pretty well-respected posterL8k3r5 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy
Wow has dumb does this sound.
Pretty stupid. Unlike other directors, Nolan doesn't have his head in his ass and knows what he's doing.
L8k3r5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:18 PM   #10
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7

What makes you say this exactly? Did you even like Batman Begins or The Dark Knight?
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:05 AM   #11
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I gotta say, I fully understand the essence of film magic, how they can create the most intense and incredible fighting scenes. But when those scenes are being initially filmed, they look so ridiculous. The exchange in the included link reminds me of the guys I knew in high school who'd get together and reenact RPG games in their front yard while filming on their home camera.

If I were an actor, I think I'd initially struggle to get over the idea of how lame I'd have to act out my fight scenes, only to have them transformed into something sweet in the editing room. I'd feel like a pre-schooler playing dress up.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #12
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
SMH @ what Nolan is doing with these characters. First no nipple suits and now this shit? Bane is suppose to look like this.

Not that weak ass faggot.

Well... they can use camera angles to make him look taller, I'm also assuming that the wardrobe is intended to make him look bigger than he really is, the camera also adds more weight and finally.... CGI.

I'm sure Nolan was more concerned with the 'performance' aspect, and figured the physique factors could be done via camera magic.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #13
Jordan-esque
Real Men watch CBM

Jordan-esque has a terrific reputationJordan-esque has a terrific reputationJordan-esque has a terrific reputationJordan-esque has a terrific reputationJordan-esque has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I gotta say, I fully understand the essence of film magic, how they can create the most intense and incredible fighting scenes. But when those scenes are being initially filmed, they look so ridiculous. The exchange in the included link reminds me of the guys I knew in high school who'd get together and reenact RPG games in their front yard while filming on their home camera.

If I were an actor, I think I'd initially struggle to get over the idea of how lame I'd have to act out my fight scenes, only to have them transformed into something sweet in the editing room. I'd feel like a pre-schooler playing dress up.
Well, Nolan is never known for great fighting cinematography on his comic books films.

Both his Batman movies (Begins and TDK) have really dark, blurry, and bad close-up camera angles during fight scenes.

So don't expect too much.

Just enjoy his films for the story, that is Nolan's expertise.
Jordan-esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #14
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan-esque
Well, Nolan is never known for great fighting cinematography on his comic books films.

Both his Batman movies (Begins and TDK) have really dark, blurry, and bad close-up camera angles during fight scenes.

So don't expect too much.

Just enjoy his films for the story, that is Nolan's expertise.
That's true now that you mention it. I'm not a big fight scene buff or anything. And I wasn't trying to be critical. I was more or less saying it was pretty amazing to see how directors are able to take what appears to be a super-lame fake fight scene and make it look so epic and dramatic.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #15
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Black Mask should have been the villain. It's easier to CGI his face.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: