Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #16
Jordan-esque
Real Men watch CBM

Jordan-esque has decent reputationJordan-esque has decent reputation
Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - News / Speculation / Spoilers

More details regarding ENDING for Dark Knight Rises:

(continued from original post)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=49667

**** HUGE SPOILER ****

Quote:
At the start of the film, the Batman Squad are still on a mission to capture Batman, but when Bane and his mercenaries attack and take over the city, the police force becomes almost none existent.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character, Blake, is one of the more pro-active police officers who wants to fight Bane's mercenaries, but no police officer will stand up to them after Bane put Gordon in the hospital.

Batman's return, and also Matthew Modine's character, inspire the rest of the force to take back their city from Bane.

This eventually starts with smaller attacks on Bane's forces before an all out battle at the film's climax takes place.

Batman, with the help of Catwoman, are trying to stop Bane and a revealed Talia al Ghul from destroying the city and finishing her father's work of destroying Gotham.

Last edited by Jordan-esque : 05-11-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Jordan-esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #17
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Couldn't find the other Dark Knight thread, this one will do. This is a bit of a spoiler and old news apparently but I just heard about it today.

Link

Jonathan Crane will return in TDKR, link describes his role.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #18
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
SMH @ what Nolan is doing with these characters. First no nipple suits and now this shit? Bane is suppose to look like this.

Not that weak ass faggot.
Nolan brings realism to the story. That shit you just posted is ridiculous. the biggest thing with Bane isn't what he looks like, it's how smart he is. If you follow the comics at all during the KnightFall/KnightsEnd saga Bane was equally as smart as Batman and figured out his identity and struck him when he was at his weakest to take him down. Nolan brings this to light without making him look like a muscle-bound retard like the picture you just posted.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #19
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was in NYC at the time of them filming it. Did manage to see a bit, although I was 2 blocks away so all I could see was cop cars streaming into the court house section. Got a picture of one of the SWAT vans they had all parked up and down the street.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #20
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Here's something I find as evidence for the camera tricks to make Bane look bigger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk

At 32 second mark of newest trailer he's in front of a guy who looks like an averaged sized guy and towers over him. He looks like a 7 footer. IMO still not enough though, they should make him look even bigger. They are using similar tricks to what Harry Potter did with Hagrid I think, but keeping it a bit more "realistic".

If they can pull this off I'm 100 percent okay with it. BTW I guess Tom Hardy said that Nolan told him to create his own dialect (an accent not currently in existence I suppose) for Bane which is what he did. If Tom Hardy can pull this off I'll be EXTREMELY impressed.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #21
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
SMH @ what Nolan is doing with these characters. First no nipple suits and now this shit? Bane is suppose to look like this.

Not that weak ass faggot.

MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #22
Jordan-esque
Real Men watch CBM

Jordan-esque has decent reputationJordan-esque has decent reputation

Bale may play Batman again if there was a part 4.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...184704827.html

Quote:
Christian Bale: My understanding is that this is the last one. But… if Chris (Nolan) came to me with a script and said, ‘You know what? There is another story’ then I would love the challenge of making a fourth one work.
Jordan-esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #23
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan-esque
Bale may play Batman again if there was a part 4.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...184704827.html

He's already said he will keep making Batman movies nonstop as long as it's for Nolan and nobody else.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #24
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

David S. Goyer, the co-creenwriter (Latest issue of EMPIRE):

"The final scene of The Dark Knight Rises is exactly that scene we talked about then," says Goyer, speaking to Empire from his LA office almost four years later. "It remained completely unchanged. We both knew in our hearts that we were onto something special. I have to tell you, having finally seen everthing strung together a little while ago and seeing that scene, I got a complete lump in my throat."

Latest posters (Too big to post here):

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/new...ement-weather/
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #25
Noah Rose
Kids at the park dunk on me

Noah Rose has not been impressing people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IgXm...layer_embedded
Noah Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #26
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Rose
He's wearing hockey pads.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #27
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

BATMAN DIES AT THE END

jk i have no idea what happens
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #28
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

On the all the billboards it says "The Legend Ends July 20", so it's pretty safe to assume he dies, or at least gives the impression to Gotham that he is dead.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #29
Raz

I love Nolan's Batman films. The only thing I would change is Batman's stupid voice. It's like sitting through that most recent Adam Sandler movie
Old 07-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #30
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz
I love Nolan's Batman films. The only thing I would change is Batman's stupid voice. It's like sitting through that most recent Adam Sandler movie
Nope.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: