Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #601
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Croatia
Posts: 15,505
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

for you PC users: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/

massive amount of mods, quests, races, weapons, armor and so on there.... this will keep the game alive forever
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #602
Dukem
I brick open layups
 
Dukem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 90
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I prefer using the bow than too back-stab. It's probably down to the fact that i find killing something harder from a distance than it is going up to an enemy and backstab them. It's more satisfying haha
Dukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #603
Thirty Two
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Thirty Two's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Posts: 9
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I had to start all over again recently which was a pain.

I sold all my thieves guild armour before I was told from Mercer to upgrade it. This meant Tanilia was stuck in the dialogue telling me to come back when I'd found my original armour which meant I couldn't finish the thieves guild.

I decided to start a new character to quickly run through the thieves guild so that I could get the achievement. Unfortunately when I created my new character, I made about 2 or 3 so went to delete tho ones I wasn't going to use and accidentally deleted my level 54

I'm slowly working through the game again but the worst part is having to discover the locations all over again.

If I was nearly through the game I probably wouldn't have bothered but I'd only really done the dark brotherhood and thieves guild plus 3 main quests 1 Mage guild, 1 bards college, 3 companions and 10 side quests.

Still got a lot to do so I'll crack on with it, was nearly in tears when I'd realised what I'd done though
Thirty Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #604
Thirty Two
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Thirty Two's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Posts: 9
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
The only thing I hate about Daedric Smithing is that you have to find Daedra Hearts, and there aren't that many around

Do the Dawnstar museum quest it will eventually lead you to the shrine of Mehrunes Dagon once you finish the quest there will be 2 daedric warriors outside the shrine and 2 inside. Once you kill them youve got 4 hearts. These guys will respawn after 48 hours or so, so you basically have an unlimited supply of Daedra hearts.
Thirty Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #605
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Croatia
Posts: 15,505
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

There is also some alchemy shops i found that sells daedra hearts, the inventory in the shops respawn every 24 hours or something like that.... alchemy shop at Riften(that one downstairs) and in the alchemy shop at Windhelm

Last edited by pauk : 02-19-2012 at 07:47 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #606
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular
 
Big_Dogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Doggville
Posts: 784
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

^^Thanks for the info guys, I'll hit them up to complete my daedric armour and weapon sets.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #607
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,922
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I find myself stuck in this cycle of going out to do a miscellaneous mission, clear a cave, find a shout, whatever. Stripping the place bare. Coming back home, I have all my stuff sorted in various barrells and drawers in my house, so I pull out all my apparrell, all my weapons, and all my upgrade misc. items: ore, ingots, jewels, leather, and so on. Then I drag my ass over to the Warmaidens, and upgrade everything I can. Make all the ore I have into Ingot, smith up all the weapons and armor I can. Then I head into the stores in Whiterun and sell everything I have duplicates of, and buy back all the ore and ingots anyone is selling. Head up to the castle to disenchant anything I can.

It means I'm levelling out money wise. I can't seem to get over about 5K because I'm constantly rebuying and selling stuff. But in the mean time my rank is flying upward. I'm at 35, my smithing is over 80, and I keep adding my perks to it, and I've yet to do more than a couple of non-miscelaneous missisons.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #608
Burgz
Banned
 
Burgz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: TDOT
Posts: 1,886
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I find myself stuck in this cycle of going out to do a miscellaneous mission, clear a cave, find a shout, whatever. Stripping the place bare. Coming back home, I have all my stuff sorted in various barrells and drawers in my house, so I pull out all my apparrell, all my weapons, and all my upgrade misc. items: ore, ingots, jewels, leather, and so on. Then I drag my ass over to the Warmaidens, and upgrade everything I can. Make all the ore I have into Ingot, smith up all the weapons and armor I can. Then I head into the stores in Whiterun and sell everything I have duplicates of, and buy back all the ore and ingots anyone is selling. Head up to the castle to disenchant anything I can.

It means I'm levelling out money wise. I can't seem to get over about 5K because I'm constantly rebuying and selling stuff. But in the mean time my rank is flying upward. I'm at 35, my smithing is over 80, and I keep adding my perks to it, and I've yet to do more than a couple of non-miscelaneous missisons.

spend some time on getting barter perks and then try and smith some of the higher grade weapons (dragon armor, daedra weapons and armor) and sell them

also if you do barter levelling before you do the dark brotherhood and thieves guild side quests your money will skyrocket
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #609
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014
 
d.bball.guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,474
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I got this on Jan 2 I think for my PS3(my PC sucks) and this is the only game I have played in 2012 so far(proly a lil bit of MW3 but I suck lol)

This game just took my life and soul lol this is also my first TES game because I'm not that kind of an RPG gamer, I'm more on FPS and sports.

I'm lvl 41, Imperial Battlemage. I actually followed a Leonidas guide in youtube and accidentally made him my main character. I don't regret it because I wanna be a Battlemage and Imperial is one of the top races for Battlemages. I'm using the Dragonplate armor with armor rating of 420(same as my Daedric), using Daedric sword, bow, arrows, dagger, and a Destruction spell on my left hand. I play Novice because I'm a ***** and I wanna play this game as fast as I can. Master difficulty is a pain in the ass and takes too long for me to finish a certain quest. I might switch to Adept(more likely) or Apprentice because the 420 armor rating seems good enough. My One-H is lvl 77(it doesn't level up when fapping ) and Destruction is right around 30-35. I train with Faralda for my destruction. I have 100 smithing, 100 speech, and 100 sneak.

Last edited by d.bball.guy : 02-22-2012 at 11:35 PM.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #610
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014
 
d.bball.guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,474
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I also created a Nord named Nord with the basic default look of the Nord at the creation part . He's lvl 18 Warrior type using a sword and a shield and sometimes 2H.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #611
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,922
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
spend some time on getting barter perks and then try and smith some of the higher grade weapons (dragon armor, daedra weapons and armor) and sell them

also if you do barter levelling before you do the dark brotherhood and thieves guild side quests your money will skyrocket


Yeah, my language skills have really skyrocketed from the constant selling and buying. But I have yet to apply any perks really to that area. I am wearing a helmet that somehow increases my bardering though.

I also seem to have broken a few of the miscelaneous missions. There's one of those bird people witch type things I was supposed to kill one for the other who was in a cage. I left her in the cage and went and killed the other, then came back and let her out to bring her to show her, but it won't clear.
There's also a bounty I'm supposed to collect from Skald, that won't appear on the map at all.
And then I've finally found two flawless saphire's to give to somebody, but that won't appear on the map either now.


I've only recently discovered that it's impossible to perk everything all the way up (without modding the game), and you can't complete every mission by definition (like joining the Stormcloaks eliminates any chance of joining the legion), so you can't technically go through the completionist method game play that I use to suck all the enjoyment out of everything I do. So I'm sort of resigned to the fact that I need to just go through what I can in the way I see fit and be done with it.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #612
Brujesino
BoGawd
 
Brujesino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 209
Posts: 14,384
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Yeah, my language skills have really skyrocketed from the constant selling and buying. But I have yet to apply any perks really to that area. I am wearing a helmet that somehow increases my bardering though.

I also seem to have broken a few of the miscelaneous missions. There's one of those bird people witch type things I was supposed to kill one for the other who was in a cage. I left her in the cage and went and killed the other, then came back and let her out to bring her to show her, but it won't clear.
There's also a bounty I'm supposed to collect from Skald, that won't appear on the map at all.
And then I've finally found two flawless saphire's to give to somebody, but that won't appear on the map either now.


I've only recently discovered that it's impossible to perk everything all the way up (without modding the game), and you can't complete every mission by definition (like joining the Stormcloaks eliminates any chance of joining the legion), so you can't technically go through the completionist method game play that I use to suck all the enjoyment out of everything I do. So I'm sort of resigned to the fact that I need to just go through what I can in the way I see fit and be done with it.
I use to have this same problem.What you do is click on the misc option like you would and on a regular questline.Then you have to click on the specific misc quest for it to show on the map.What i mean by that if didnt understand is that you have o have the arrow things on both the misc option and the misc quest.Sorry if it doesnt make sense im not sure how to explain it.

If it truly is broken the guy you deliver those saphires to is in Riften, in the market place he is a lizard guy.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #613
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,922
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
I use to have this same problem.What you do is click on the misc option like you would and on a regular questline.Then you have to click on the specific misc quest for it to show on the map.What i mean by that if didnt understand is that you have o have the arrow things on both the misc option and the misc quest.Sorry if it doesnt make sense im not sure how to explain it.

If it truly is broken the guy you deliver those saphires to is in Riften, in the market place he is a lizard guy.


Yeah, that's just not working. I know what you mean, because I use that mapping for all the misc. missions, since that's about the only thing I've done. But for whatever reason that one just makes a thump noise and won't appear.
I thought maybe because it was the time of day. Maybe his shop wasn't open. But I've tried it all times of day. Now I'm starting to wonder if the guy is dead or something.
I'll head up to Riften tonight and look for him.

Thanks.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #614
Brujesino
BoGawd
 
Brujesino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 209
Posts: 14,384
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim



Dont know why i decided to do this but i gathered as much junk as i could and dropped it all infront of my house in whiterun.

Sorry for the crappy pic but all i got for a camera is a crappy phone.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #615
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014
 
d.bball.guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,474
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino


Dont know why i decided to do this but i gathered as much junk as i could and dropped it all infront of my house in whiterun.

Sorry for the crappy pic but all i got for a camera is a crappy phone.
I put all my trash under the bridge at the entrance lol
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy