Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-29-2006, 05:45 PM   #16
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Why are you so obssesed with me? It is quite annoying
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:37 PM   #17
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

This guy had a run-in with Satanists: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54jRfgtOLeM
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:48 PM   #18
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

Satanism is a total farce. There's no history to it, ancient scriptures etc... it's all written by a guy from San Francisco that wanted to start a cult and now he's dead. It's all for show.
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:11 PM   #19
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
If you don't believe the devil exists, then do you believe that god exists?

exactly. good point for those devil non- believers.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:06 AM   #20
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

they just want attention. or some exclusive thing to belong to.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:08 AM   #21
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
they just want attention. or some exclusive thing to belong to.

That sounds like most people.
ALBballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:45 AM   #22
Maximum310
High School JV MVP

Maximum310 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot

Sure...Why not belive in the Devil,
He, Santa Claus, Zeus, the Tooth Fairy and and all the Leprechauns hang out at this one bar down the street from my house.
Maximum310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:00 PM   #23
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot

Why is that a good point? Are you assuming there's a ton of people who run around that believe in God, but don't believe in the devil?

I don't believe in God. I've never seen one shred of evidence that there is one.

I was raised Lutheran and went to private schools the first 9 grades. I have probably a greater knowledge of the bible than most of the people you'd find on the street. My pastor used to submit my name to all kinds of lutheran colleges because he wanted me to become one.

The church will argue that you have to have "faith".

Why would some God create me without my consent, and then expect me to believe in him without any shred of evidence, or else condemn me to burning hell for the rest of eternity?

That's as bad as people who tell you 'everything happens for a reason'.

Whatever.

To each their own, I won't ridicule you if you do believe in God.

Just don't expect me to.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:06 PM   #24
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Why is that a good point? Are you assuming there's a ton of people who run around that believe in God, but don't believe in the devil?

I don't believe in God. I've never seen one shred of evidence that there is one.

I was raised Lutheran and went to private schools the first 9 grades. I have probably a greater knowledge of the bible than most of the people you'd find on the street. My pastor used to submit my name to all kinds of lutheran colleges because he wanted me to become one.

The church will argue that you have to have "faith".

Why would some God create me without my consent, and then expect me to believe in him without any shred of evidence, or else condemn me to burning hell for the rest of eternity?

That's as bad as people who tell you 'everything happens for a reason'.

Whatever.

To each their own, I won't ridicule you if you do believe in God.

Just don't expect me to.

Mathius

i'm not religious in the least bit, bro. i'm more agnostic than anything. i've just heard alot of religious people say that they don't believe that there is a devil, but there is a god. i just think that it's kinda crazy to believe in one and not the other, that's all. :)
Old 12-31-2006, 06:47 PM   #25
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

the devil is real, but he is evil, jesus lives forever
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:37 AM   #26
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

people worship the devil because they believe him to be what they call the "bearer of light"...

in a sense he is the one encourages us to step outside the proper order of the universe...he is the one who challenges the notion of right and wrong...

the devil brings rationalization to pain and suffering.He assures men that the murder and injustice going on in this world is a "good thing" if it achieves the goals for which it was meant.... the devil would have you believe that you can usurp the divinity of God because it is actually owed to you...

ambitious men and women will follow the promise of power even greater than God himself...

I think alot of people would be surprised to hear some of the names of the people who worship the devil...

but then again, if you arent following the true God almighty, then you are worshipping the devil.... because you cant serve both at the same time..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:26 PM   #27
itsmeman
I airball my layups

itsmeman has an OK reputation so far

I don't think satanists believe in the devil. I've heard it has more to do with the fact that they're against christianity. I think I heard Marilyn Manson say that it has nothing to do with the devil, just a bunch of people trying to pissoff christians. Think about it, if these people really believed in the devil and being in agonizing pain for all eternity, would they really worship the devil.
itsmeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #28
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
people worship the devil because they believe him to be what they call the "bearer of light"...

in a sense he is the one encourages us to step outside the proper order of the universe...he is the one who challenges the notion of right and wrong...

the devil brings rationalization to pain and suffering.He assures men that the murder and injustice going on in this world is a "good thing" if it achieves the goals for which it was meant.... the devil would have you believe that you can usurp the divinity of God because it is actually owed to you...

ambitious men and women will follow the promise of power even greater than God himself...

I think alot of people would be surprised to hear some of the names of the people who worship the devil...

but then again, if you arent following the true God almighty, then you are worshipping the devil.... because you cant serve both at the same time..

good post.

i was watching this show about prisoners, and they were doing a bit about how they are allowed to follow and perform their own religions while being in prison. they showed these satanists guy who said that his buddies and him don't directly believe in the devil, but that they worship lucifer instead, as in the fallen angel dude. is there that much difference between the two?
Old 01-03-2007, 06:36 PM   #29
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

Can I choose not to serve either?

Actually, I believe in god, as mankind can not find any other explanation for reality rather than some divine being. I mean, physicians can explain me all they want how big bang created the universe, but they cant tell me why there was one in the first place.So there has to be some kind of "god".

Do I believe that this is the christian, muslim or whatever god some religion claims to be "the god"? Hell no. I can get along pretty well without having some religion tell me how to live. That is what religions are to me in their core. They take belief in a divine being and add rules how that being should be worshipped and how you should live.

So while I stated that I did not believe in the god proclaimed to be god by any religion, I do not worship satan. At least I hope so, unless you can worship without actually trying to.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #30
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

people are scared of satan sacrfices but in the bible its tradition to sacrifice as well... believe in god gotta believe in the devil

satan worship is kool lots of c0och-e!

http://images.google.co.jp/images?q=...ia/2/satan.jpg
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: