Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #46
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 12,835
Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: European Scrubs/Role Players That Start In NBA/And Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
What the hell?

What part of European scrubs/role players did you not grasp?

3rd to 4th best player on an NBA team?

Wow..............amazing going from like the 10th best on a team in Europe.

You do realize that I can bring up many more examples right?

I was hoping you would. While I know you to be...difficult...I generally assume you arent 100% serious. So I figured you might have an interesting list of legit good players who kinda came alive over here. I had an interest in the subject. I figured id find thatl ike...Peja was a nobody who got hot in some youth tournament and caught the eye of a scout then became a star over here. Something like that.

But instead I get Darko, and Skita, and people who have never even played in the NBA?

Give me an interesting name or two id be surprised by. Not...some guy whos performance might get generations of good europeans mocked. Those are in cases people guys in europe DONT want their names attached to far as their NBA potential.

Listing guys because they were drafted highly(then became among the biggest letdowns ever) is like listing Childress as a 6th man who got one of the biggest deals in European basketball history(Except Josh was apaprently all euroleague im told and not....Darko). The assumptions made about your level of play before you arrive and play are irrelevant compared to what you do. Its not an accomplishment to be overrated briefly before being seen for what you are.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #47
JohnnyWall
Banned
 
JohnnyWall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,228
JohnnyWall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJohnnyWall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
I understand that Parker started the last 5 years in the NBA. Because unlike you, I have actually seen NBA games.

Not bad, but i believe you can do a better job than that.
JohnnyWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #48
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,930
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
Did Anthony Parker won 2 MVPs and 2 NBA titles.

Did Jonas Jerebko (role player on something like a top 300 European club) start in the NBA?
Euroleague is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #49
Rooster
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,085
Rooster has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
And NBA veterans getting cut in Europe........guys in their prime, rotation players.

Invent a made up excuse if you can.

what was VSpan doing when he was 19.

Sorry what did you do on your prime is

what's important.

Anthony Parker never had a prime.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #50
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,930
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive
what happened to the GOAT Vspan in the NBA?

What happened to DaJuan Summers, Devin Brown, Alonzo Gee - all getting cut this year in Euroleague?

What happened to about 100 other NBA players that got cut in Europe?
Euroleague is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #51
Dave3
NBA lottery pick
 
Dave3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,745
Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Are you trying to claim that Casspi was more important in Euroleague than he is in the NBA?
Nvm. Waste of logic. You still haven't answered why you call a non starter a starter. That's all.

Last edited by Dave3 : 11-10-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #52
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,930
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: European Scrubs/Role Players That Start In NBA/And Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I was hoping you would. While I know you to be...difficult...I generally assume you arent 100% serious. So I figured you might have an interesting list of legit good players who kinda came alive over here. I had an interest in the subject. I figured id find thatl ike...Peja was a nobody who got hot in some youth tournament and caught the eye of a scout then became a star over here. Something like that.

But instead I get Darko, and Skita, and people who have never even played in the NBA?

Give me an interesting name or two id be surprised by. Not...some guy whos performance might get generations of good europeans mocked. Those are in cases people guys in europe DONT want their names attached to far as their NBA potential.

Listing guys because they were drafted highly(then became among the biggest letdowns ever) is like listing Childress as a 6th man who got one of the biggest deals in European basketball history(Except Josh was apaprently all euroleague im told and not....Darko). The assumptions made about your level of play before you arrive and play are irrelevant compared to what you do. Its not an accomplishment to be overrated briefly before being seen for what you are.

Are you retarded?

Seriously?
Euroleague is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #53
Positive
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 701
Positive has decent reputationPositive has decent reputation
Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
What happened to DaJuan Summers, Devin Brown, Alonzo Gee - all getting cut this year in Euroleague?

What happened to about 100 other NBA players that got cut in Europe?
Those are all fringe NBA players, not someone who was/is considered one of the better PGs in Europe. Devin Brown hasn't played significant minutes in the NBA for quite some time, Alonzo Gee was probably the worst starter in the NBA last year, and I'm not even sure if Summers was on a roster. If Spanoulis is as good as you say he is, that would be similar to Chris Paul getting cut in Europe.
Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #54
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,930
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
what was VSpan doing when he was 19.

Sorry what did you do on your prime is

what's important.

Anthony Parker never had a prime.


Kirilenko has a prime and he manages to get 13/9 in Euroleague.
Euroleague is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #55
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,930
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
How are his Euroleague stats worse? Relative to the league they were way better. He averages 8.8 ppg (on 50/45) in a league in which the leading scorer is 18 ppg (the 2009 season) as a 20 year old developing, and in the NBA (still getting better) he averages 9.5 on 43/37 where the leading scorer averages 29 ppg over that period of time. He doesn't generally start on one of the worst teams in a 30 team league, but started on a mid level team in a 24 league team. How does that point to him being more valuable in the NBA?

The NBA leading scorer about triples his scoring output, while the Euroleague leader doubles it. Pretty big difference.

And you just made up whatever nonsense you felt like making up.
Euroleague is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #56
madmax
Decent college freshman
 
madmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,849
madmax is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
what was VSpan doing when he was 19.

Sorry what did you do on your prime is

what's important.

Anthony Parker never had a prime.

oh yes he did
When he played for those Maccabi teams that is
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #57
ThemBombs
Good High School Starter
 
ThemBombs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 941
ThemBombs has not been impressing people
Default Re: European Scrubs/Role Players That Start In NBA/And Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Are you retarded?

Seriously?
what pleasure do you get from trolling the shit out of a forum? if you don't like the NBA/Americans, leave the NBA/predominantly American forum, idiot.
ThemBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #58
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12,930
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive
Those are all fringe NBA players, not someone who was/is considered one of the better PGs in Europe. Devin Brown hasn't played significant minutes in the NBA for quite some time, Alonzo Gee was probably the worst starter in the NBA last year, and I'm not even sure if Summers was on a roster. If Spanoulis is as good as you say he is, that would be similar to Chris Paul getting cut in Europe.

Oh you mean like those fringe American NBA players in Europe that the whole forum calls "Euroleague superstars"?
Euroleague is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #59
Dave3
NBA lottery pick
 
Dave3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,745
Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
And you just made up whatever nonsense you felt like making up.
You're right. None of those stats are real, nor are the number of teams in the leagues. I'm just a liar.

So, why do you call Casspi a starter when he doesn't usually start?
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #60
Rooster
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,085
Rooster has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: European League Scrubs/Role Players That Started In NBA And/Or Are Lotto Picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
How are his Euroleague stats worse? Relative to the league they were way better. He averages 8.8 ppg (on 50/45) in a league in which the leading scorer is 18 ppg (the 2009 season) as a 20 year old developing, and in the NBA (still getting better) he averages 9.5 on 43/37 where the leading scorer averages 29 ppg over that period of time. He doesn't generally start on one of the worst teams in a 30 team league, but started on a mid level team in a 24 league team. How does that point to him being more valuable in the NBA?

The NBA leading scorer about triples his scoring output, while the Euroleague leader doubles it. Pretty big difference.

Linas Kleiza went over there and led the league in scoring.

And he never even been the top scorer in his own team.

They call these Alphonso Ford scrub award

Euroleague lost another credibility.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy