Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 11-12-2011, 06:07 AM   #31
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Locked Out NBA Players That Are Not Meeting Expectations In Euroleague 2011-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
This whole forum guaranteed every single NBA player would dominate Euroleague, average 30 a game, etc.

Hell, when people heard Ibaka signed in Spain the forum was claiming 15-20 blocks on average PER GAME.

I don't think I am the one that is not being serious here. Actually, I am only posting facts.
Ok, won't even try to reply then.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:27 AM   #32
MichaelCheazley
B-Eazy Mike Beasley

MichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMichaelCheazley is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Locked Out NBA Players That Are Not Meeting Expectations In Euroleague 2011-12

Quote:
So what? If any Euroleague player comes to the NBA and plays small minutes he is declared an instant "Euro scrub", a "bust", and said to be "not good enough to hack it in the NBA".

Interesting double standard there.
Well in the NBA you play more if you're better(training/gametime+attitude) than your teammates in most cases.Unless your in a doghouse or play terrible D. But in the euroleague (FROM WHAT I HEARD, I'm not a follower) it's more team based and minutes are more equally divided. Also there is less of a star mentality there so that explains the stats not being so great. There is still a coach telling them what to do, they will not just get every shot just because they played in the nba.Am I correct about my assumptions?
MichaelCheazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:30 AM   #33
No.23
I airball my layups

No.23 has an OK reputation so far

I'm aware you are Greek and all but you are seriously disturbed dude.
No.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #34
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.23
I'm aware you are Greek and all but you are seriously disturbed dude.

He's not Greek. He's an American from Arkansas. This is confirmed.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #35
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

Euroleague is a sad pathetic loser. Move to europe and jerk off over your shit euro league you fu*kwit, and stop posting these anti NBA player threads..

Clearly only half decent ish players went over to europe, and guess what, theyre not doing too badly are they? You can pick one or two that underperform, but hey, any league that Anthony Parker wins 2 MVP's in is a piece of shit in my opinion

Its like youre so obsessed with hating NBA players and you get hard when one of them has a shit game What the fu*k is wrong with you seriously??? Stay out of the NBA forum you loser...
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #36
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Euroleague weekly MVP awards:
Week 1: Andrei Kirilenko (CSKA)
Week 2: Nicolas Batum (SLUC Nancy)
Week 3: Jordan Farmar (Maccabi)
Week 4: Nicolas Batum (SLUC Nancy)

All weekly MVP's so far were NBA players.None of them is star,let alone superstar in the NBA but they are surely one of the best players in Europe.

I'm from Europe,I follow Euroleague and there are really some interesting games to see.
But anyone who compares it with NBA is crazy.NBA is much better but Euroleague is the 2nd best league in the world and it's not even close.

Little advice for all Americans on this forum:
Don't listen to people who say Euroleague is shit.It isn't.Right now it's the best basketball we have and there are some really good games (look at the last week,many close games).It's competitive and quality league,not on the NBA level but surely above any other league in the world.
After all,watch some games and judge by yourself.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #37
Alan
Good High School Starter

Alan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat cool

Here are the career highs for NBA players in Euroleague.

1. Nicolas Batum 31
2. Andrei Kirilenko 31
3. Jordan Farmar 28
4. Nenad Krstic 29
5. Danilo Gallinari 31
6. Ersan Ilyasova 25
7. Sonny Weems 25
8. Rudy Fernandez 26
9. Thabo Sefalosha 22
10. Acie Law 22
11. Ty Lawson 37
12. Sasha Vujacic 25
13. Alonzo Gee 19
14. Serge Ibaka 22
15. Zaza Pachulia 27
16. Reggie Williams 35

I don't know why you think they should score more in less time.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #38
ThemBombs
Good High School Starter

ThemBombs has not been impressing people

Americans run the euroleague, accept it.
ThemBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #39
KGMN
I score open layups

KGMN has decent reputationKGMN has decent reputation

Really? Two things:
1. If you're going to be saying that you are only posting facts, don't say stuff like
Quote:
This whole forum guaranteed every single NBA player would dominate Euroleague, average 30 a game, etc... Actually, I am only posting facts.

2. Anyone who thought the above quote was true, and/or that Ibaka would get 15-20 blocks per game was either joking, trying to annoy you, or crazy.
KGMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #40
Jan95

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Top 2 scorers in euroleague are nba players.

3 of top 5 scorers in euroleague are nba players.

7 of top 20 scorers are nba players.

top rebounder in euroleague is nba player.

5 of top 15 rebounders are nba players.

nba player 2nd in euroleaue in assists.

6 of top 20 in assists are nba players or former nba players.

NBa player leads euroleague in blocks.

Ibaka 12th in blocks playing 12 minutes a game.

Gee is one of the best rebounders in Euroleague.

I'm not even counting americans who couldnt make the NBA.

How many more players would we need to send to own euroleague?
IF you would watch Euroleague, you would know that statistics isn`t really something that you could use as a reference. Stacked teams like Panathinaikos, Maccabi, Barcelona, CSKA have many players that average 10+ points a game, but just true scorers go past 20 - on a good clubs.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #41
Richesly
Atlanta Hawk Fan

Richesly has an OK reputation so far

As I laugh.
Richesly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #42
MiseryCityTexas
Local High School Star

MiseryCityTexas has decent reputationMiseryCityTexas has decent reputation

Lmao. Sonny Freaking Weems looks like prime Dominique Wilkins in Euroleague ball. This is enough proof that the American ballers can hang with the Euroleagues easily.

Last edited by MiseryCityTexas : 11-12-2011 at 02:27 PM.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #43
TheGreatBlaze
Serious playground baller

TheGreatBlaze has an OK reputation so far

Euroleague blows and will always be below the NBA, get over it.
TheGreatBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #44
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
Well in the NBA you play more if you're better(training/gametime+attitude) than your teammates in most cases.Unless your in a doghouse or play terrible D. But in the euroleague (FROM WHAT I HEARD, I'm not a follower) it's more team based and minutes are more equally divided. Also there is less of a star mentality there so that explains the stats not being so great. There is still a coach telling them what to do, they will not just get every shot just because they played in the nba.Am I correct about my assumptions?

The NBA guys are getting the same or more minutes than they did in the NBA. Batum plays 40 minutes a game. They are not playing less minutes.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #45
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Here are the career highs for NBA players in Euroleague.

1. Nicolas Batum 31
2. Andrei Kirilenko 31
3. Jordan Farmar 28
4. Nenad Krstic 29
5. Danilo Gallinari 31
6. Ersan Ilyasova 25
7. Sonny Weems 25
8. Rudy Fernandez 26
9. Thabo Sefalosha 22
10. Acie Law 22
11. Ty Lawson 37
12. Sasha Vujacic 25
13. Alonzo Gee 19
14. Serge Ibaka 22
15. Zaza Pachulia 27
16. Reggie Williams 35

I don't know why you think they should score more in less time.

They ate playing MORE minutes in Euroleague than they did in NBA. STOP TROLLING.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: