Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #1396
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Post the dumbest things you've heard said on InsideHoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
But the ignorance of these Jordan fans...
Doesn't come close to the ignorance of the Kobe fans.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #1397
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Doesn't come close to the ignorance of the Kobe fans.

This is true.

I do like Kobe, as much as I do any other great player, but I can see why people would turn against him... and it's not just sometimes his decisions on the court, but his horrible fan base.

I know people will say "well, you can't make a judgment call on player because of their fans"... I understand that, but no one person can be the same and irrationality from one side can lead to irrationality from the other.

And the guy he thinks is a Jordan fan, happens to also be a Bryant fan too.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #1398
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
This is true.

I do like Kobe, as much as I do any other great player, but I can see why people would turn against him... and it's not just sometimes his decisions on the court, but his horrible fan base.

I know people will say "well, you can't make a judgment call on player because of their fans"... I understand that, but no one person can be the same and irrationality from one side can lead to irrationality from the other.

And the guy he thinks is a Jordan fan, happens to also be a Bryant fan too.
And that may not be fair of me, because the number of Kobe fans may make it seem like they're more ignorant. There's more of them than there are hardcore Jordan fans. And of course you have to account for some of the more frequent and worst Kobe fans that are probably alt/troll accounts of someone to make Kobe fans look even worse. But I'd be lying if I said my view towards Kobe hasn't become a bit jaded over the last few years due to the Kobe fans that constantly make ignorant comparisons and draw ignorant conclusions about Kobe's game and legacy.

I still have a ton of respect for Kobe as a player, though. He's a lot of fun to watch and, despite it coming at my favorite team's expense, I actually enjoyed watching Kobe play on Sunday. And I even admitted during the game how much I enjoyed watching him and that he was the best player on the court that day.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #1399
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
lol @ I talk about it with my friends. It's like when we get together and have a beer on Saturday, all 3 of us... I'm like YO SON, I'M A LOCK FOR THE HALL OF FAME.

I don't think Bosh is a Hall of Famer. lol. Not even close. He's not outstanding at his position... guys like Billups get into my hall of fame. I'd even throw Horry in there... but not Bosh.

You need signature games and highlights. You need awards. What award has Bosh won? All Rookie and one all-nba second. Some player of the week, 1 player of the month, CMONSON.

-Smak
Oh good lord, PLEASE tell me someone else noticed this gem
RRR3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #1400
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
"Dwight Howard needs more touches"

WATCH MORE GAMES AND STOP LOOKING AT BOX SCORES
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #1401
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
WATCH MORE GAMES AND STOP LOOKING AT BOX SCORES

added...Dwight is tied with Al Jeffereson for most touches amongst Centers.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #1402
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why would I laugh at Horry being the HOF when K.C. Jones is already in it ?

The fact that he even contributed to his teams more than Jones did, makes me not even need to laugh at it. Horry won't get in... but he wouldn't be the worst pick.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #1403
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

The fact that he even contributed to his teams more than Jones did, makes me not even need to laugh at it. Horry won't get in... but he wouldn't be the worst pick.
Because he said Horry was more deserving than Bosh
Old 01-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #1404
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Because he said Horry was more deserving than Bosh

He is.

Nah, just playing. Inner "hate on Bosh" in me.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #1405
RRR3
Where the White Women?

Quote:
He is.

Nah, just playing. Inner "hate on Bosh" in me.
Phew almost thought you were drunk for a second
Old 01-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #1406
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

"Will The 2012 Thunder Go Down As One Of Most Stacked Teams Ever?"
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #1407
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

Quote:

KC Jones made the Hall of Fame with the following resume...
7/4/4 career regular season average
6/3/4 career playoff average
Never made an All-Star Team
Never made an All-NBA Team
Never received an MVP vote

Only in the ****ing 50s and 60s could this happen
Old 01-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #1408
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation hereGraviton has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Those stats would be even worse if you adjusted for pace, weaker defenses and tall black guys instead of short white guys. Prime Smush Parker numbers!
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #1409
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Those stats would be even worse if you adjusted for pace, weaker defenses and tall black guys instead of short white guys. Prime Smush Parker numbers!
No need to adjust his numbers to today's league, he wouldn't be in it.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #1410
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Quote:

Well, more like he was on Bill Russell's Celtics it happened. Kinda shows how valuable he really was.

That's why the "Player X played with ___ HOF's" can be flawed too, when not using context.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: