Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
tgan3
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,746
Default How is this asian rap song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC7mn1TBlPk

btw, what is the blue car that the chick came out from at the start of the vid? looks sick.

Last edited by tgan3 : 06-09-2012 at 06:28 AM.
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,452
Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

Pretty shitty. I hate when people from other countries mimicking blacks mannerisms and stuff. I want to see how your culture is and all you show me is a watered down goofy version of mine, smh.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
Ketchup
boogie like
 
Ketchup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: no where
Posts: 783
Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Pretty shitty. I hate when people from other countries mimicking blacks mannerisms and stuff. I want to see how your culture is and all you show me is a watered down goofy version of mine, smh.

You're an idiot.
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,452
Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup
You're an idiot.
Explain. Even blacks/hardcore heads are growing tired of these same motifs. They had the club scene, they hopped out of cars and gave daps, they wore trendy clothes, they used the same exact scenes and mannerisms you'd find in a vid done by African Americans. Which is okay or whatever but I would like it if people used a bit of originality. I know they have a lot of places and rituals that arent played out to the max and my critique is that they should show some uniqueness and use their culture and experiences to let rap fans know about their lives instead of mimicking what others do because it looks cool.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
Ketchup
boogie like
 
Ketchup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: no where
Posts: 783
Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Explain. Even blacks/hardcore heads are growing tired of these same motifs. They had the club scene, they hopped out of cars and gave daps, they wore trendy clothes, they used the same exact scenes and mannerisms you'd find in a vid done by African Americans. Which is okay or whatever but I would like it if people used a bit of originality. I know they have a lot of places and rituals that arent played out to the max and my critique is that they should show some uniqueness and use their culture and experiences to let rap fans know about their lives instead of mimicking what others do because it looks cool.

Have you been to Tokyo for example? Have you seen the car culture there? Have you seen how they dress?

No. You don't own a certain way of behaving. The fact that you are saying you can act like a race simply means you don't acknowledge your own people as people.
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,452
Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup
Have you been to Tokyo for example? Have you seen the car culture there? Have you seen how they dress?

No. You don't own a certain way of behaving. The fact that you are saying you can act like a race simply means you don't acknowledge your own people as people.
I have seen documentaries where Asian kids tan and watch BET and other A.A. outlets in attempts to look like blacks.


I never said that blacks OWN a way of dress or behavior. But you're kidding yourself or lying if you think they didn't get their hand gestures from watching blacks. Grabbing their nuts.....the salute....the way they hugged each other when they shook hands. Those are black mannerisms.


So by your logic bowing to show respect isn't an Asian function, kissing on the cheek to greet someone isn't European, shaking only the right hand isn't Islamic, and so on and so forth.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Ketchup
boogie like
 
Ketchup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: no where
Posts: 783
Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I have seen documentaries where Asian kids tan and watch BET and other A.A. outlets in attempts to look like blacks.

I've also seen Italian Americans and even other folks tan themselves to ridiculous lengths. The fact that you've seen these documentaries makes me question what you do with your time.

Quote:
never said that blacks OWN a way of dress or behavior. But you're kidding yourself or lying if you think they didn't get their hand gestures from watching blacks. Grabbing their nuts.....the salute....the way they hugged each other when they shook hands. Those are black mannerisms.

Okay.

Quote:
So by your logic bowing to show respect isn't an Asian function, kissing on the cheek to greet someone isn't European, shaking only the right hand isn't Islamic, and so on and so forth.

All these things you mentioned are country specific outside the Islamic one. Which is clearly linked to religion.
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,452
Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup
I've also seen Italian Americans and even other folks tan themselves to ridiculous lengths. The fact that you've seen these documentaries makes me question what you do with your time.



Okay.



All these things you mentioned are country specific outside the Islamic one. Which is clearly linked to religion.


1. I never said I watched the whole thing, however, your disdain for my TV watching preferences does not eliminate the fact that the phenomenon exists.

2. "Okay."

3. And? African Americans don't really have a country to call our own like other peoples do...Yet we DO have a very noticeable culture. I could go on and on about how you are wrong, and how your POV is seriously stupid but it's a waste of time. You know you have been bested by a more realistic/accurate argument so I'll leave it at that.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #9
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
DwadeOverLebron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Windy City
Posts: 784
Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

Don't understand what they are saying but I'm gonna take a wild guess here..

The have fast cars, fast women, fast money, and a fast life. Oh and also not to mess with them cuz they run things.

Yeah man it's pretty dope man!
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #10
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating
 
nathanjizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,662
Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

that blue car is a Porsche what kind of Porsche i dont know. Also, those cars look like replica cars so they can be off alittle bit from what there suppose to look like.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #11
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.
 
StroShow4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NBA247365.COM
Posts: 26,179
Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

Stopped watching when the guy started walking behind the girl and holding his nuts.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #12
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,452
Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
Stopped watching when the guy started walking behind the girl and holding his nuts.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets
 
BlueCrayon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 516
Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
1. I never said I watched the whole thing, however, your disdain for my TV watching preferences does not eliminate the fact that the phenomenon exists.

2. "Okay."

3. And? African Americans don't really have a country to call our own like other peoples do...Yet we DO have a very noticeable culture. I could go on and on about how you are wrong, and how your POV is seriously stupid but it's a waste of time. You know you have been bested by a more realistic/accurate argument so I'll leave it at that.

I don't like this video either but wtf are you saying and what is your argument? That every race/ethnic group should act one same specific way?
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #14
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.
 
QUIZZLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 3,092
Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

Have you ever beat off with sandpaper in an abandoned garage accompanied by a midget playing a synthesizer in one hand and mario brothers in the other?

That's how good this song is.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
CelticBaller
lite kobe
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: minus the raping and chucking
Posts: 15,739
Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

This is trash

2 chainz is better than this, ugh
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy