Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
tgan3
Local High School Star

Default How is this asian rap song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC7mn1TBlPk

btw, what is the blue car that the chick came out from at the start of the vid? looks sick.

Last edited by tgan3 : 06-09-2012 at 06:28 AM.
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Default Re: How is this asian rap song?

Pretty shitty. I hate when people from other countries mimicking blacks mannerisms and stuff. I want to see how your culture is and all you show me is a watered down goofy version of mine, smh.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
Ketchup
boogie like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Pretty shitty. I hate when people from other countries mimicking blacks mannerisms and stuff. I want to see how your culture is and all you show me is a watered down goofy version of mine, smh.

You're an idiot.
Ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup
You're an idiot.
Explain. Even blacks/hardcore heads are growing tired of these same motifs. They had the club scene, they hopped out of cars and gave daps, they wore trendy clothes, they used the same exact scenes and mannerisms you'd find in a vid done by African Americans. Which is okay or whatever but I would like it if people used a bit of originality. I know they have a lot of places and rituals that arent played out to the max and my critique is that they should show some uniqueness and use their culture and experiences to let rap fans know about their lives instead of mimicking what others do because it looks cool.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
Ketchup
boogie like

Quote:
Explain. Even blacks/hardcore heads are growing tired of these same motifs. They had the club scene, they hopped out of cars and gave daps, they wore trendy clothes, they used the same exact scenes and mannerisms you'd find in a vid done by African Americans. Which is okay or whatever but I would like it if people used a bit of originality. I know they have a lot of places and rituals that arent played out to the max and my critique is that they should show some uniqueness and use their culture and experiences to let rap fans know about their lives instead of mimicking what others do because it looks cool.

Have you been to Tokyo for example? Have you seen the car culture there? Have you seen how they dress?

No. You don't own a certain way of behaving. The fact that you are saying you can act like a race simply means you don't acknowledge your own people as people.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Have you been to Tokyo for example? Have you seen the car culture there? Have you seen how they dress?

No. You don't own a certain way of behaving. The fact that you are saying you can act like a race simply means you don't acknowledge your own people as people.
I have seen documentaries where Asian kids tan and watch BET and other A.A. outlets in attempts to look like blacks.

I never said that blacks OWN a way of dress or behavior. But you're kidding yourself or lying if you think they didn't get their hand gestures from watching blacks. Grabbing their nuts.....the salute....the way they hugged each other when they shook hands. Those are black mannerisms.

So by your logic bowing to show respect isn't an Asian function, kissing on the cheek to greet someone isn't European, shaking only the right hand isn't Islamic, and so on and so forth.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #7
Ketchup
boogie like

Quote:
I have seen documentaries where Asian kids tan and watch BET and other A.A. outlets in attempts to look like blacks.

I've also seen Italian Americans and even other folks tan themselves to ridiculous lengths. The fact that you've seen these documentaries makes me question what you do with your time.

Quote:
never said that blacks OWN a way of dress or behavior. But you're kidding yourself or lying if you think they didn't get their hand gestures from watching blacks. Grabbing their nuts.....the salute....the way they hugged each other when they shook hands. Those are black mannerisms.

Okay.

Quote:
So by your logic bowing to show respect isn't an Asian function, kissing on the cheek to greet someone isn't European, shaking only the right hand isn't Islamic, and so on and so forth.

All these things you mentioned are country specific outside the Islamic one. Which is clearly linked to religion.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
I've also seen Italian Americans and even other folks tan themselves to ridiculous lengths. The fact that you've seen these documentaries makes me question what you do with your time.

Okay.

All these things you mentioned are country specific outside the Islamic one. Which is clearly linked to religion.

1. I never said I watched the whole thing, however, your disdain for my TV watching preferences does not eliminate the fact that the phenomenon exists.

2. "Okay."

3. And? African Americans don't really have a country to call our own like other peoples do...Yet we DO have a very noticeable culture. I could go on and on about how you are wrong, and how your POV is seriously stupid but it's a waste of time. You know you have been bested by a more realistic/accurate argument so I'll leave it at that.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #9
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

Don't understand what they are saying but I'm gonna take a wild guess here..

The have fast cars, fast women, fast money, and a fast life. Oh and also not to mess with them cuz they run things.

Yeah man it's pretty dope man!
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #10
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

that blue car is a Porsche what kind of Porsche i dont know. Also, those cars look like replica cars so they can be off alittle bit from what there suppose to look like.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #11
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Stopped watching when the guy started walking behind the girl and holding his nuts.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #12
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
Stopped watching when the guy started walking behind the girl and holding his nuts.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

Quote:
1. I never said I watched the whole thing, however, your disdain for my TV watching preferences does not eliminate the fact that the phenomenon exists.

2. "Okay."

3. And? African Americans don't really have a country to call our own like other peoples do...Yet we DO have a very noticeable culture. I could go on and on about how you are wrong, and how your POV is seriously stupid but it's a waste of time. You know you have been bested by a more realistic/accurate argument so I'll leave it at that.

I don't like this video either but wtf are you saying and what is your argument? That every race/ethnic group should act one same specific way?
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #14
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

Have you ever beat off with sandpaper in an abandoned garage accompanied by a midget playing a synthesizer in one hand and mario brothers in the other?

That's how good this song is.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #15
CelticBaller
lite kobe

This is trash

2 chainz is better than this, ugh
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: