Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #31
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 17,914
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote:
You are from Canada Ridonks? What part?
i'm an east coaster, but right now i'm finishing up my studies in ottawa. a half credit left and i can't wait to get out. i'm planning to explore quite a bit of the country next summer.

what about you?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #32
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 17,914
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I don't have anything against Canada but their version of French is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
this is true. though the more you make fun of it, the more tolerable it becomes.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #33
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope
 
QuebecBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Posts: 4,996
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I don't have anything against USA but their version of English is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Fixed
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #34
macmac
Gov'n
 
macmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,428
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
this is true. though the more you make fun of it, the more tolerable it becomes.

Yeah I hate the heavy Quebecer accent too but it's definitely funny to imitate....the only thing worst is the French the Acadian newfies mumble
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #35
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,642
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
Pros: Less fat people, better looking girls from my experiences with the states, very little crime, free healthcare, stronger beer (but costs twice as much).
Health care is NOT free. This is the most outlandish myth out there that is continually perpetuated about Canada.

One pro, at least out here in AB, is that there are nothing but jobs to be filled. If you don't have a job in AB right now it's because you don't want one.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #36
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,642
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAssassin
get use to CFL highlights when you are watching a Sports Channel
Ugh, this is true. The CFL is an embarrassment to the sport of football. Nobody, under any circumstances, should have to watch this shit. I'd rather watch local HS football, I really would, because at least then I'm not expecting them to actually be professionals. God the CFL fucking sucks.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:31 PM   #37
hammer2010
Good High School Starter
 
hammer2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 950
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
i'm an east coaster, but right now i'm finishing up my studies in ottawa. a half credit left and i can't wait to get out. i'm planning to explore quite a bit of the country next summer.

what about you?


I'm from Alberta. I am dating an east coaster atm, love her to death until she gets some whiskey in her, then I have no idea wtf she's talking about.
I plan on visiting the east coast this summer for a couple weeks. Alberta and BC are beautiful, every one should visit if they get the chance. Montreal is my favourite city in North America though, despite the Quebecois.
hammer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #38
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman
 
Velocirap31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jurassic Park
Posts: 2,810
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Health care is NOT free. This is the most outlandish myth out there that is continually perpetuated about Canada.

One pro, at least out here in AB, is that there are nothing but jobs to be filled. If you don't have a job in AB right now it's because you don't want one.

I'm aware we pay taxes, everyone is. Thanks for stating the obvious. However, in Canada, a majority of our taxes go towards this universal healthcare rather than an inflated military budget for example.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #39
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman
 
Velocirap31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jurassic Park
Posts: 2,810
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

I'm getting negged a lot from this thread. Eat a bag of ***** you neggars.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #40
hammer2010
Good High School Starter
 
hammer2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 950
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Ugh, this is true. The CFL is an embarrassment to the sport of football. Nobody, under any circumstances, should have to watch this shit. I'd rather watch local HS football, I really would, because at least then I'm not expecting them to actually be professionals. God the CFL fucking sucks.

That's true my buddy turned down a $60000 contract with a cfl team out of university to go work for an oil company for $85000.
hammer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #41
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,642
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
I'm aware we pay taxes, everyone is. Thanks for stating the obvious. However, in Canada, a majority of our taxes go towards this universal healthcare rather than an inflated military budget for example.
That's nice and all, but the fact remains that literally the complete opposite of what you said is true.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #42
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,642
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer2010
That's true my buddy turned down a $60000 contract with a cfl team out of university to go work for an oil company for $85000.
Its not just the pay, it's the quality of football. It's a fucking national disgrace.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:00 PM   #43
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,642
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
I'm aware we pay taxes, everyone is. Thanks for stating the obvious. However, in Canada, a majority of our taxes go towards this universal healthcare rather than an inflated military budget for example.
BTW, the luxury of our dollars going towards things like a socially funded health care is thanks in large part to the 'inflated military budget' of our friends down south. God forbid we ever had to defend ourselves.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #44
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 17,914
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Ugh, this is true. The CFL is an embarrassment to the sport of football. Nobody, under any circumstances, should have to watch this shit. I'd rather watch local HS football, I really would, because at least then I'm not expecting them to actually be professionals. God the CFL fucking sucks.
c'mon, don't shit all over it. i haven't kept up with it in the slightest, but unless it's changed drastically in the last five years, i can't imagine it's that bad. i used to love the cfl and there were some great players. doug flutie, danny macmanus, pretty sure cavillo is still doing his thing, etc. what's so bad about it?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #45
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman
 
Velocirap31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jurassic Park
Posts: 2,810
Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
BTW, the luxury of our dollars going towards things like a socially funded health care is thanks in large part to the 'inflated military budget' of our friends down south. God forbid we ever had to defend ourselves.

Very true. We shouldn't have to ever defend ourselves though. We're tight with Britain to.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy