Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-30-2006, 12:07 PM   #136
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
they just hang him??? that's a steal!!! he should be tortured before he dies... like let all the victim's family get the opportunity to dig out one of his intestines... then get his eyes poked out... feed them to dogs... ran over by a tank... better still Shaq... then fry his fingers in hot oil...

oh i have so many thoughts of torturing him that 15 years of dreaming is not enough...

honestly... he should at least get his head hacked...

saddam should of got raped, whipped, knocked out, got his hands chopped off, thrown off a building a blown into a million little pieces just like his victims. Saw it on youtube very intresting but very disturbing.......
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:22 PM   #137
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Bush is an assshole for using the farce of conservative ideals in order to make a lotta money for himself...

Ten bonus points for you because you realized that his "conservatism" isn't very conservative at all, rather just pandering to white/Christian xenophobia.

Quote:
but he does champion those conservative ideals, and anyone wh odisagrees with them is no more than a dirty liberal. why do you jest about freedoms of all the other people in the Mideast? why tolerate and respect them? you ever read the Koran? it says specifically to kill, arrest, harass, rape infidels [non Muslims] not all Arab Americans are like that, but the fundamentalists are. you wish to tolerate that?

Oh. Here you say the Muslims actually want to kill all the infidels. Why did I ever defend you? I feel so stupid. Why is it that all the Muslims that I knew told me that their Imams explained the whole "convert or kill doctrine" was just exaggeration, and that violence is not a viable way to gain followers? The christian crusades didn't help much in the way of good will. I'm taking back your points. Judging by the numbers, there is more muslim-on-muslim tribal violence going on than inter-religious strife.

Quote:
it is not ethically correct to continue to stay in Iraq for much longer, nor is it correct to invade Iran unless an imminent threat appears, but what would you have them do?

Other than complete Balkanization, there is no sane way forward, and the Sunnis won't be happy about that at all, since their territory is all resource-poor and sand-rich. Good thing they're not the guys who are hell-bent on martyrdom.

Quote:
retreat now and let the insurgents retake over the land? you ever see Blood Diamond? think of the rebels to the peasants as to the insurgents to the good Iraqi citizens if the US leaves prematurely.

LET the insurgents take over? Too late for that, they're already in power. Those dudes that are 'found' dead every day didn't die of natural causes. It's a civil war, nothing can fix the situation other than Balkanization or all-out genocide.

I thought your Libertarian streak would compel you to lean towards the whole 'non-interference' thing.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:18 PM   #138
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

puppychili has an OK reputation so far

A few things I need to get of my chest..

First off saying that Reagan was bad for supporting Saddam is like saying FDR was bad for supporting Stalin. Both statements are equally stupid and ignorant.

Second off, this whole "Bush lied" thing is a joke. Eveyrone thought Iraq had WMD's before the war. Russia, Germany, France, they all thought that Iraq had WMD's too. They didn't want Iraq to be invaded cause they had a good thing going with Saddam. The main debate before the war was to either have the U.S. led coalition invade Iraq and recover the WMD's or let the UN inspectors do it. No one was saying Iraq didn't have any WMD's. Except for Saddam himself. But he wanted people to think he did have WMD's so he would look powerful in the region. That why he played his little B.S. games with the inspectors telling them "you can look her and here but not here." He was constantly playing games with them.

Now people ask why invade Iraq and not Iran or N. Korea since they too are developing WMD's. Heres why.

Saddam invaded a soverign country (Kuwait). He was then kicked out of Kuwait and only left in power on the condition that he go along with all the UN resolutions drawn up after the cease fire. After that he proceded to gas his own people, hatch a plot to kill George H.W. Bush and screw around with nearly every condition of the cease fire which included kicking out UN inspectors time and again and firing on US fighters patrolling the no fly zones. The UN in turn passed resolution after resolution telling Saddam to get his act straight or face the consequences. Those consequences were always watered down or completely ignored. The UN passed 14 resolutions telling Saddam the same thing everytime. Comply with the terms of the cease fire or else THIS TIME we mean business.

I ask you. Were we ever supposed to do anything? Or should we of just kept passing strong worded resolutions that didn't mean anything. Bush thought to give Saddam one last chance to to shape up. He got one last resolution passed at the UN. Saddam pulled his same crap. And when it came time to enforce the whole resolution, the only to countries prepared to do anything were the U.S. and Britain. And I'll say it again. Even at this point no one was saying that Saddam didn't have WMD's. They were saying let the inspectors find them.

Where Bush phucked up was trying to tie Iraq to 9-11 and saying the war was gonna be easy. Iraq had no ties to 9-11 and war is never easy. Rumsfeld tried to go into Iraq leaving as small an imprint as possible. To say that hasn't worked would be a huge understatement. But just keep one thing in mind. Like I said before, war is never easy. And with all the available media technologies out there this war has been scrutinized like no others before. WWII is thought of as our "good" war. Yet there were so many screwups in that war it's unbelieveable. Thousands of our soldiers died because of nothing else than faulty planning and intelligence. But in the end we won which is all that matters to most people. This doesn't excuse the mistakes Bush has made but it should add some perspective.

I am by no means a Bush apologist. I agree with many of his views but disagree with many as well. I just had to write this to get some facts out there.
puppychili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:43 PM   #139
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Here's why a 'war on terror' cannot be won: how many people does it take to be a terrorist? 1. This 'war' is un-winnable. Cut off a head, and 20 more come up.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:34 AM   #140
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
but he does champion those conservative ideals, and anyone wh odisagrees with them is no more than a dirty liberal. why do you jest about freedoms of all the other people in the Mideast? why tolerate and respect them? you ever read the Koran? it says specifically to kill, arrest, harass, rape infidels [non Muslims] not all Arab Americans are like that, but the fundamentalists are. you wish to tolerate that?

Why respect humans? Gosh, no one has ever asked me that question. And please cite where the Qur'an "says speicially to kill, arrest, harass, rape infidels". Thank you.

Quote:
it is not ethically correct to continue to stay in Iraq for much longer, nor is it correct to invade Iran unless an imminent threat appears, but what would you have them do? retreat now and let the insurgents retake over the land? you ever see Blood Diamond? think of the rebels to the peasants as to the insurgents to the good Iraqi citizens if the US leaves prematurely.

The "insurgents" are the Iraqi people. When will people realize this?

Quote:
2. "US military sweeps of neighborhoods can drive the guerrillas out." The US put an extra 15,000 men into Baghdad this past summer, aiming to crush the guerrillas and stop the violence in the capital, and the number of attacks actually increased. This result comes about in part because the guerrillas are not outsiders who come in and then are forced out. The Sunni Arabs of Ghazaliya and Dora districts in the capital are the "insurgents." The US military cannot defeat the Sunni Arab guerrilla movement or "insurgency" with less than 500,000 troops, based on what we have seen in the Balkans and other such conflict situations. The US destroyed Falluja, and even it and other cities of al-Anbar province are not now safe! The US military leaders on the ground have spoken of the desirability of just withdrawing from al-Anbar to Baghdad and giving up on it. In 2003, 14 percent of Sunni Arabs thought it legitimate to attack US personnel and facilities. In August, 2006, over 70 percent did. How long before it is 100%? Winning guerrilla wars requires two victories, a military victory over the guerrillas and a winning of the hearts and minds of the general public, thus denying the guerrillas support. The US has not and is unlikely to be able to repress the guerrillas, and it is losing hearts and minds at an increasing and alarming rate. They hate us, folks. They don't want us there.

http://www.juancole.com/2006/12/top-...aq-2006-1.html
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:47 AM   #141
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

So when are we hanging Bush?
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: