Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-29-2006, 11:34 PM   #61
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLakerfan
Saddam will be remembered as a hero by his peeps while George Bush will be remembered by his peeps as the most stupid president USA has ever had.

When Saddam Hussein was found, the US General said that Saddam would end up getting life in prison because the new Iraqi consitution had no death penalty. Immediately, they changed the constitution to add the death penalty. He is hated amongst Iraqis. Only the Baathists love him. He will not be viewed as a hero, although living under Saddam might be better than living in a bloody Civil War.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:35 PM   #62
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
Exactly why people don't pick up on this is disturbing. Saddam kills THOUSANDS of kurdish people with weapons SUPPLIED BY THE US GOVERNMENT. But this goes unnoticed. Saddam was just a puppet for the US who the CIA put in place when helped to overthrow the previous government. Now when Saddam says no I won't be your puppet to the US they go after him.

From Wiki

SO BLAME THE GOVERNMENT PEOPLE, SADDAM IS JUST A PUPPET

where were you in 92 when i was helping kick that pos out of Kuwait? The Saudi's and the Kuwaities thought he was a piece of ****. WTF are you taling about? Read some bull**** somehwere in a web chat room or off of **** show and bought it hook line and sinker. On the ground there was nothing but the truth. I guess in person its easier to make an informed desition than from thousands of miles away listening to bull****.

Last edited by icemanfan : 12-29-2006 at 11:38 PM.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:37 PM   #63
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
where were you in 91 when i was helping kick that pos out of Kuwait? The Saudi's and the Kuwaities thought he was a piece of ****. WTF are you taling about? Read some bull**** somehwere in a web chat room or off of **** show and bought it hook line and sinker. On the ground there was nothing but the truth. I guess in person its easier to make an informed desition than from thoughsands of miles away listening to bull****.

icemanfan, thanks man, you are a brave person for risking your life. I would like to thank you personally.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:39 PM   #64
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

thats two threads from bagelred i've seen today that have been a very poor attempt at humour...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:40 PM   #65
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23961
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:42 PM   #66
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I think one reason that they tried Saddam for the Shi'a murders is because there is more direct proof linking Saddam. There were some (including some in the US Government) that had tried to blame Iran for gassing the Kurds. It would be a stickier case to prosecute (although I'm sure Saddam would have been convicted).

I also think there was a second motive: to appeal to the Shia majority in Iraq. Perhaps even to the Shia of Iran.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:43 PM   #67
telephone
Banned

telephone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
icemanfan, thanks man, you are a brave person for risking your life. I would like to thank you personally.

Yes because of icemanfan we get oil.
telephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:44 PM   #68
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
where were you in 92 when i was helping kick that pos out of Kuwait? The Saudi's and the Kuwaities thought he was a piece of ****. WTF are you taling about? Read some bull**** somehwere in a web chat room or off of **** show and bought it hook line and sinker. On the ground there was nothing but the truth. I guess in person its easier to make an informed desition than from thousands of miles away listening to bull****.

I congratulate your bravery. So you were in Kuwait? Fighting against the weapons your government supplied to him?
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:44 PM   #69
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
I also think there was a second motive: to appeal to the Shia majority in Iraq. Perhaps even to the Shia of Iran.

Yea, good call.
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:44 PM   #70
lakers_forever
National High School Star

lakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephone
Yes because of icemanfan we get oil.

lakers_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:44 PM   #71
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

how many threads we need?
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:44 PM   #72
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default .

Quote:
Lenin supporters are un-American. Supporting someone like Lenin goes against everything America stands for.

God blessed me cause I'm not American.

And like someone else said, why ya gotta diss the Beatles?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:44 PM   #73
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thank our military services (and friends) deeply for their efforts in the middle east... the mess was not created by them... it was created by a bad policy in our administration. Bring our troops home soon and pray for their safety!!!!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:45 PM   #74
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

C'mon guys, don't hate on your soldiers. No matter what you think of the wars your government deems necessary, but don't blame it on the guys who put their asses out there for you.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:45 PM   #75
lakers_forever
National High School Star

lakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I thank our military services (and friends) deeply for their efforts in the middle east... the mess was not created by them... it was created by a bad policy in our administration. Bring our troops home soon and pray for their safety!!!!

Agreed.
lakers_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: