Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2012, 08:37 PM   #106
Ikill
i be killah swag
 
Ikill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,594
Ikill has decent reputation
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

How is this game? Kotor is one my favorite games i ****ing love that game. How does the whole thing work anyway?
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #107
intrinsic
Local High School Star
 
intrinsic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,775
intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikill
How is this game? Kotor is one my favorite games i ****ing love that game. How does the whole thing work anyway?

That is tough to say. The leveling system isn't the same. Whereas Jedi levels in KOTOR are incentive enough for a second playthrough, the advanced class for TOR is always level 10. There are 2 advanced class choices for each, but it wasn't enough for me to go back through and play the opposite advanced class just for the story. I liked a lot of what Bioware did for the class stories. I've said before, the Imperial Agent was well-done, and I believe it would have been good enough for a game on its own.

How does the rest of the game work? Pretty much like every other MMO.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:40 AM   #108
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game is going full free to play in November! I love how high quality free games are forcing other games into this route of f2p with item shops and purchaseable content.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #109
Burgz V2
Good college starter
 
Burgz V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,191
Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

thought I'd bump this thread.

Started playing this (free-to-play) a couple days ago. I think in general the game is pretty fun. The missions are pretty cool, and the game has a lot of depth and re-play value with the different classes and mission stories.

Unfortunately, during high volume times it is just soooooo laggy it borders unplayable. Even during standard server volumes it is pretty slow and annoying.

Playing as a Sith Warrior, just got my lightsaber. Haven't tried leaving Korriban yet so i'll update this thread periodically for anyone considering downloading this.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #110
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,541
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
thought I'd bump this thread.

Started playing this (free-to-play) a couple days ago. I think in general the game is pretty fun. The missions are pretty cool, and the game has a lot of depth and re-play value with the different classes and mission stories.

Unfortunately, during high volume times it is just soooooo laggy it borders unplayable. Even during standard server volumes it is pretty slow and annoying.

Playing as a Sith Warrior, just got my lightsaber. Haven't tried leaving Korriban yet so i'll update this thread periodically for anyone considering downloading this.

I been playing for a while, but I just recently created my first sith character which was also a sith warrior.. Im on tatooine right now. The story has been pretty good so far.

The part with Vemrin on korriban was pretty fun.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #111
Burgz V2
Good college starter
 
Burgz V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,191
Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I been playing for a while, but I just recently created my first sith character which was also a sith warrior.. Im on tatooine right now. The story has been pretty good so far.

The part with Vemrin on korriban was pretty fun.

yea i agree. the storyline elements remind me a lot of KOTOR 1. Are you just going through the storyline or are you doing the side missions? I'm trying to get a sith robe but don't really know where to look
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #112
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,541
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
yea i agree. the storyline elements remind me a lot of KOTOR 1. Are you just going through the storyline or are you doing the side missions? I'm trying to get a sith robe but don't really know where to look


I am more a starwars fan than I am a mmorpg type guy. I generally just play for the story. I do side missions (you sorta have too) or you wont be able to keep up as everything gets harder. I dont do alot of heroics or flashpoints though. I might do that stuff more after I exhaust all the storylines. Sith robes huh? I havent found any (I bought a nice set from the cartel network tho.) but I'll try and figure where the robes are.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #113
Burgz V2
Good college starter
 
Burgz V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,191
Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I am more a starwars fan than I am a mmorpg type guy. I generally just play for the story. I do side missions (you sorta have too) or you wont be able to keep up as everything gets harder. I dont do alot of heroics or flashpoints though. I might do that stuff more after I exhaust all the storylines. Sith robes huh? I havent found any (I bought a nice set from the cartel network tho.) but I'll try and figure where the robes are.

i tried to do the first flashpoint too early and died in literally 5 seconds

i googled it and apparently you can get a black one if you complete the "Revanites" quest and choose the dark side ending, so im gonna try that and see what happens
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #114
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,541
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
i tried to do the first flashpoint too early and died in literally 5 seconds

i googled it and apparently you can get a black one if you complete the "Revanites" quest and choose the dark side ending, so im gonna try that and see what happens

Heroics and Flashpoints are crazy... You need to team up with folks for that. Few times I did it, we got destroyed pretty quickly..


Revanites mission is on Drumond Kaas... I think I chose the light side ending for that...

you'll know when you come to the last decision.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #115
Dave3
NBA lottery pick
 
Dave3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,889
Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Anybody still playing this? Specifically on the Jedi Covenant server?
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #116
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare
 
El Kabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,687
El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
Anybody still playing this? Specifically on the Jedi Covenant server?
Gave it up 6-7 months ago and haven't really been tempted to pick it back up.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:40 AM   #117
SixShooter
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 36
SixShooter has not been impressing people
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

I remember wanting to give this a whirl a while back. this thread might tempt me.

I heard it's free to play now, but that it's basically a pay to win game where the best players are the ones who just pay the most money for shit. Not really interested in it if thats the case.
SixShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:17 AM   #118
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year
 
ukballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,612
ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Yeah I've not played it for about 6 months or so now. Not been tempted to come back, but I'm sure I will someday. With MMOs I usually play something constantly for a few weeks, then just stop completely. I get bored too quickly. Doesn't help that none of my friends are into MMOs so I always have to do heroics with strangers.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #119
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 16,319
DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

My guild is imp side Jedi Covenant. It's free to play but it's not pay to win. There's nothing you can buy to give you an advantage. It's mostly cosmetic stuff. FTP is a bit painful with your restrictions, but you can get unlocks through credits and the trader if you're hell bent on not paying anything. Ultimately, like any MMO you have to subscribe if you want full benefits and to be able to participate in end game raiding or PvP.

Anyway the space pvp expansion went live this Tuesday and it's awesome.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #120
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,541
Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
My guild is imp side Jedi Covenant. It's free to play but it's not pay to win. There's nothing you can buy to give you an advantage. It's mostly cosmetic stuff. FTP is a bit painful with your restrictions, but you can get unlocks through credits and the trader if you're hell bent on not paying anything. Ultimately, like any MMO you have to subscribe if you want full benefits and to be able to participate in end game raiding or PvP.

Anyway the space pvp expansion went live this Tuesday and it's awesome.


Im still playing and the space pvp is looking really good. I usually like planet-side missions more than space missions, but Im liking this expansion.. I hope they add more planets and story line too tho (I haven't explored the "dread Masters" planet yet)
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy