Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default PC gamers help me with a gaming PC

Okay so for christmas i wnat to get myself a new computer and i thought i might as well make a it a gaming PC.So knowing nothing at about computers i asked my friend to build me one so this is what he proposed to me.

HEC 6C28BS Black / Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case-24.99

BIOSTAR A870U3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard-69.99

VisionTek 900339 Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity-171.99

LOGISYS Computer PS575XBK 575W ATX12V SLI Ready Power Supply-24.99

AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX945WFGMBOX-109.99

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL-44.99

Seagate Momentus ST906403N1A1AS-RK 640GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard Drive-119.99

ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM-19.99

Its a budget PC totally 580 but im willing to go as far as 700 but no further.Do you guys have any thoughts or recommendations?This is all from newegg.com

Actually now that i looked at it myself why the hell do i need a DVD burner?
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: PC gamers help me with a gaming PC

Looks solid for your price range. The one thing I'd want, if it was mine, is a better case. Maybe I'm just paranoid but with all the new powerful components out there, I'd like to make sure ventilation and cooling are taken care of.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino

Don't. The only good thing about this psu is the price, and there's a reason for that. There should be plenty to choose from in the $60-$90 price range that are both sturdier and more reliable. Antec, Seasonic, OCZ are good places to start. It isn't worth risking the rest of your $500 investment on a cheap psu; the mfr only has a 1 year warranty on the product. Stay away.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

dvd burners are so cheap that even if u dont use it, u might as well put it in

i would change that hard drive, thats a 2.5 inch (laptop size) hard drive and its only 5400rpm

hard drive market is terrible right now cuz of the flooding, so prices are going way up.
better off with a seagate/samsung/wd/or anything 7200rpm 3.5 inch hard drive. looking at the prices, that will be around 105-125
(kinda sad, cuz about 6 months ago, hard drives like that woulda been 50-60 bucks)

power supply? u wont need alot of power, but always good to get a decent brand, i personally dont like skimping on power supply. not saying u have to get a huge wattage power supply, but a reputable and efficient one would be good (corsair, seasonic, antec, even some ocz)

as for the video card, i think if u shop a bit more, might be able to get a bit better bang for your buck. but still a good card nonetheless

hard drive is definitely the thing that i'd change though
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
dvd burners are so cheap that even if u dont use it, u might as well put it in

i would change that hard drive, thats a 2.5 inch (laptop size) hard drive and its only 5400rpm

hard drive market is terrible right now cuz of the flooding, so prices are going way up.
better off with a seagate/samsung/wd/or anything 7200rpm 3.5 inch hard drive. looking at the prices, that will be around 105-125
(kinda sad, cuz about 6 months ago, hard drives like that woulda been 50-60 bucks)

power supply? u wont need alot of power, but always good to get a decent brand, i personally dont like skimping on power supply. not saying u have to get a huge wattage power supply, but a reputable and efficient one would be good (corsair, seasonic, antec, even some ocz)

as for the video card, i think if u shop a bit more, might be able to get a bit better bang for your buck. but still a good card nonetheless

hard drive is definitely the thing that i'd change though
ya my friend told me about the flooding that made the prices go up i may ask him to get me another one.

Will this current computer be able to handle BF3?
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why would you try to build a gaming PC with that case and PSU?
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:15 PM   #7
Positive
High School Varsity 12th Man

Positive has decent reputationPositive has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Okay so for christmas i wnat to get myself a new computer and i thought i might as well make a it a gaming PC.So knowing nothing at about computers i asked my friend to build me one so this is what he proposed to me.

HEC 6C28BS Black / Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case-24.99

BIOSTAR A870U3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard-69.99

VisionTek 900339 Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity-171.99

AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX945WFGMBOX-109.99

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL-44.99

Seagate Momentus ST906403N1A1AS-RK 640GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 2.5" Internal Hard Drive-119.99

ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM-19.99

Its a budget PC totally 580 but im willing to go as far as 700 but no further.Do you guys have any thoughts or recommendations?This is all from newegg.com

Actually now that i looked at it myself why the hell do i need a DVD burner?
I'd check your local bestbuy for a hard drive. For whatever reason their prices are still somewhat decent on them. The bestbuy near me had a 1tb 7200 rpm hdd for around $55.
Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: