Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #16
DuMa
Canned

Default Re: Tested

u wanna pick flowers tonight as the showcase to be a top 2 CB in this league?? against Tom Brady on Monday Night?

haha good ****ing luck.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #17
jazz873
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
guess who else uses zone coverage?

EVERY DEFENSE IN THE NFL NOT NAMED THE RAIDERS!!!

it SHOULD be that Nnamdi has to adjust to the team's defense...not the team;s defense having to adjust to Nnamdi
Exactly. That is why it is unfair to compare Nnamdi in his first year under this defense
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #18
DaPerceive
Banned

Actually it's Nnamdi's fault for picking the Eagles in the first place. He would have been better off picking a team that was similar to the Jets that run a 3-4 so he could lineup on man coverage the majority of the time. I remember I had a conversation with a Jets fan on footballsfuture about two years ago and talked about how Aso should join the Vikings or Colts since they need help with their pass defense. He told me how that wouldn't be a good idea nor a good fit since those two teams run a 4-3 and they just play cover/tampa 2. I have no idea what the hell the Eagles play but it is not the way it should be with a shut down Corner. If Aso were Woodson instead they would be using him correctly but he's not, Aso is a completely different player.

It makes me kind of wonder how Aso would have fared in Dallas since they do run a 3-4.
DaPerceive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #19
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz873
Exactly. That is why it is unfair to compare Nnamdi in his first year under this defense
I think he is just poor at zone...

I would bet that Revis could step onthat team and be 100% first year...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #20
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
u wanna pick flowers tonight as the showcase to be a top 2 CB in this league?? against Tom Brady on Monday Night?

haha good ****ing luck.

they won;t glue him on Welker I don't think...Brady WILL get his numbers...but I bet Flowers takes care of his...maybe just giving up 1 or 2 passes

we will see
Old 11-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
yeah GOBB that is BAD

how is it that he can be considered elite but be a retard in zone???...tell me that one???

Maybe because he is 30yrs old and hasnt played zone since when? You tell me that. He excelled and made his mark as the best CB because he was played man. No safety help, no nutty zones, no hey Aso you play this sorta kinda Safety crap. He played press coverage. He got up in his players chest at the LOS and draped him like a blanket. So why do you as a team pay this guy all this money and not utilize his strengths? You dont ask Ryan Howard to hit leadoff, you dont put Ryan Howard in the 2 hole. Why? I mean he's a great baseball player and you paid him a fat contract. Why cant he leadoff? You dont bring in Rondo and tell him to be your leading scorer, go to scorer and carry the team offensively. And because he cant do that you question why do people consider you this great PG? You cant even score like Rose or Westbrook.

Asante Samuel is a zone cornerback. I double dog dare you to play Asante man an entire season. I double dog dare you to tell Asante to follow the teams best reciever wherever he goes, whatever position he may play (TE) for an entire season. I gurantee you, not anyone else but YOU PRIMETIME will ponder why you viewed Asante so highly as you did before the start of this season. Yanno when you were all Asante this and that because he "racks of interceptions". You play Asante to his strengths. You let him free lance and jump routes. You dont match him up vs Larry Fitzgerald and leave him on an island. But does that change the fact that Asante is one of the top CBs in the game? Does it change the fact he gives the offense the ball back via interceptions? No, so how can Asante be considered among the best if he cant man up most of the best recievers in the NFL all by his lonesome?

Your entire argument about the untested Nnamdi is that Qbs didnt throw his way to see if he really is great while he was in Oakland. And this season in man coverage? The same holds true for Aso. Qbs still dont target him that much and his success this season in man coverage? Speak for themselves. Which is WHY your punk ass will never nor has EVER addressed it. You isolate the zone coverage instances as some victory.

The only times off the top of my head Aso got beat in man coverage was vs SF Michael Crabtree and Stl Rams Gibson. That was man coverage, he got beat. The times people are about are his zone coverage mishaps. Yes its his fault. Yes he looks clueless. But why is he playing zone still? If Eagles scrap Aso playing zone I gurantee you are quiet.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
guess who else uses zone coverage?

EVERY DEFENSE IN THE NFL NOT NAMED THE RAIDERS!!!

it SHOULD be that Nnamdi has to adjust to the team's defense...not the team;s defense having to adjust to Nnamdi

Its the defensive coordinators job to put his players in position to succeed. But our defensive coordinator is learning on the job. He has struggled this season to even adjust the defensive playcalling to counter the offenses he faces especially in crunch time. But yeah Nnmadi just adjust when in reality all one has to do is leave you in man coverage and let you do what you've done in Oakland. Thats too easy.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPerceive
Actually it's Nnamdi's fault for picking the Eagles in the first place.

Or Juan Castillo can watch game film and let Aso just play man.

Quote:
It makes me kind of wonder how Aso would have fared in Dallas since they do run a 3-4.

Thats easy, primetime would be arguing how Aso is better than Revis. Glad he didnt go there.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #24
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

why would anyone play Asante man 2 man an entire game???

the fact is GoBB zone is part of playing DB, he was just in a very unique situation in Oakland

does Philly use Nnamdi correctly???...no, they shouldn't have him at saftey ever, or even in the slot, that is just weird...BUT BUT BUT BUT...asking Nnamdi to play zone on the outside (like the Cruz TD) is NOT asking too much

that would be asked of any CB...unless they are in Oakland...Oakland is the ONLY team that runs 100% man...and I am not even sure they still do that even

http://footballoutsiders.com/stat-an...ing-stats-2010

^^^ Nnamdi vs. Asante last year at the bottom btw

Asante actually had better CB Metrics last year

yeah, Asante is scary as ****....IN ZONE
Old 11-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
why would anyone play Asante man 2 man an entire game???

the fact is GoBB zone is part of playing DB, he was just in a very unique situation in Oakland

does Philly use Nnamdi correctly???...no, they shouldn't have him at saftey ever, or even in the slot, that is just weird...BUT BUT BUT BUT...asking Nnamdi to play zone on the outside (like the Cruz TD) is NOT asking too much

that would be asked of any CB...unless they are in Oakland...Oakland is the ONLY team that runs 100% man...and I am not even sure they still do that even

http://footballoutsiders.com/stat-an...ing-stats-2010

^^^ Nnamdi vs. Asante last year at the bottom btw

Asante actually had better CB Metrics last year

yeah, Asante is scary as ****....IN ZONE

Give me Asante Samuels CB metrics this season. Love to see those.

Asante played across from who last year? And after you google their names you might as well tell the forum what they are up too now. Nuff said on those CB metrics.

Next season Aso could look better in zone. But after 10gms having experienced zone? There is alot of mixups, miscommunications, misreads, f*ckups happening. I expected that, but I didnt expect the play last night.

How is Aso doing in man coverage? I cant hear you, speak up.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #26
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Give me Asante Samuels CB metrics this season. Love to see those.

Asante played across from who last year? And after you google their names you might as well tell the forum what they are up too now. Nuff said on those CB metrics.

Next season Aso could look better in zone. But after 10gms having experienced zone? There is alot of mixups, miscommunications, misreads, f*ckups happening. I expected that, but I didnt expect the play last night.

How is Aso doing in man coverage? I cant hear you, speak up.
I don't know what Asante's stats look like, but this thread isn't about him

Nnamdi in man?...perhaps the best in the NFL...but he sucks at zone so...obvioulsy that is huge knock

that Cruz TD was NOT a misread...that was actually Nnamdi just getting juked by Eli motioning...
Old 11-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
I don't know what Asante's stats look like, but this thread isn't about him

Why mention his stats last season given the fact he played opposite two terrible Cbs who got targetted?

Quote:
Nnamdi in man?...perhaps the best in the NFL...but he sucks at zone so...obvioulsy that is huge knock

Agreed.

But dont make a thread acting like you called anything.

Quote:
that Cruz TD was NOT a misread...that was actually Nnamdi just getting juked by Eli motioning...

Where did I say it was a misread? I didnt. So dont lecture me idiot. He got burnt. I said this already. My comment...

Quote:
But after 10gms having experienced zone? There is alot of mixups, miscommunications, misreads, f*ckups happening. I expected that, but I didnt expect the play last night

Doesnt say nor imply it was a misread. It says after 10gms, Aso in zone there has been *read the bold*
Old 11-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #28
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

you brought up Asante to me...so was just adding to that, no need to break him down in here...

I claimed that Nnamdi got overhyped in Oakland because no one throws on that team...Nnamdi for the most part was just untested the past few years, no one looked his way really...I WAS RIGHT...he is beatable, we see that now that people are throwing at him a little more.

the hype is starting to die now...

and I didn't say that YOU SAID that particular play was a misread...I was just letting it be known...THAT play was just on Nnamdi's skill set and nothing else...Nnamdi got beat...you can't blame anyone but Nnamdi...etc
Old 11-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #29
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
you brought up Asante to me...so was just adding to that, no need to break him down in here...

It was to show that you play to Asante Samuels strengths, not weaknesses. Same should be done for Aso. Same should be done when you bring in a Wide 9 when you dont have the LB personnel to be successful at it. Thought that point was clear, I guess not.

Quote:
I claimed that Nnamdi got overhyped in Oakland because no one throws on that team...Nnamdi for the most part was just untested the past few years, no one looked his way really...I WAS RIGHT...he is beatable, we see that now that people are throwing at him a little more.

the hype is starting to die now...

10gms have been played, show me his man coverage stats please. Love to see how many QBs are lookin his way.

Every CB is beatable, even Revis. Who claimed Aso was unbeatable? Arguing with yourself there.

You want right about anything besides he will be tested more in Philly than Oakland which everyone knew. Kudos prime.

Carbine made a thread to track Aso stats, why you are acting stupid is beyond me. You're going ape sh!ts because he got beat in zone. Call me when he gets beat for 2 Tds in man. Then you'll be right. Call me when Asante Samuel doesnt double his targets from last year to this year. Then you'll be right.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #30
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

this is my thread, not Carbine's...about Nnamdi sucking in zone, not man

do you still think Nnamdi is arguablly the best CB in the NFL???...most people did before he came to the Eagles and his weaknesses were exposed...(zone)

he was overhyped, for the reasons I said he was...I was right, just admitt it, he was a bit overhyped because he was in Oakland and "untested"....lolololol I said "untested"...remember that?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: