Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #121
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 8,063
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

As far as I know it is not possible for siamese twins two make something if they don't agree because none of the two have complete control over the body.

The case you mention is very peculiar though, because it is an action made using the only part of the body that is actually independent.
My guess is that the protection of the innocent's rights would ovverrule the need to sanction the guilty.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #122
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Rasheed1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 10,361
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Whats the rule on conjoined twins legalls? Lets say this charming pair of tricks:






Are out and about. One spits in a cops face.

Would the one who didnt be able to do anything about being arrested for nothing?


c'mon B!!!

I dont even know how to feel about that...

aw man... Im just.... wow.. that is unbelievable
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #123
PistonsFan#21
College superstar
 
PistonsFan#21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,890
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Whats the rule on conjoined twins legalls? Lets say this charming pair of tricks:






Are out and about. One spits in a cops face.

Would the one who didnt be able to do anything about being arrested for nothing?

thats a pretty good question. I never thought of that
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #124
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 15,609
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

Another question...

Say there is a group of identical quadruplets like these:






All 4 live together.

One night one walks out of the house and commits an armed robbery and goes right home. His face isnt masked. Hes on camera and he knows it.

Could you convict any of them on an eye witness/camera footage?

They share clothes....shoes. Have the same DNA. Different fingerprints I think but what if all of them have held the gun and touched the bullets?

If none fired the gun to fail a gunshot residue test how do you charge one of them if all 4 say they were asleep?

You know 3 are lying to protect the guilty....but you cant charge obstruction to all 4. One of them is simply refusing to incriminate himself. If you cant find which one...how can you convict any of them?

Reasonable doubt would be impossible to overcome.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #125
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain
 
AlphaWolf24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,428
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Whats the rule on conjoined twins legally? Lets say this charming pair of tricks:






Are out and about. One spits in a cops face.

Would the one who didnt be able to do anything about being arrested for nothing?


the possibilitites....
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #126
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 8,063
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

It looks like a classical game theory problem, only a very complicated one.

Assuming that each of them can go from saying nothing, to accusing one of them (incl. himself), or any two of them ... to all of them, there are 84 possible strategies for each of them.
And since they are four, this means that there are 84^4 = 49,787,136
different situations to compare.
Which is a bit too much for me to compute :) and especially for each of them to compare in order to understand what strategy is the more convenient.

But another way to look at it is too assume that the strategies that are actually relevant for each of them are:

1: say nothing
2: confess
3: accuse other(s)

then the possibilities are only 3^4 = 81.
I will look more into this later.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #127
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 8,063
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
It looks like a classical game theory problem, only a very complicated one.

Assuming that each of them can go from saying nothing, to accusing one of them (incl. himself), or any two of them ... to all of them, there are 84 possible strategies for each of them.
And since they are four, this means that there are 84^4 = 49,787,136
different situations to compare.
Which is a bit too much for me to compute :) and especially for each of them to compare in order to understand what strategy is the more convenient.

But another way to look at it is too assume that the strategies that are actually relevant for each of them are:

1: say nothing
2: confess
3: accuse other(s)

then the possibilities are only 3^4 = 81.
I will look more into this later.

Yeah in the end all of this is useless if you assume that they can talk to each other before the interrogation My bad

Why do you say can't you charge obstruction to all of them though?
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #128
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 15,609
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

Wouldnt the guilty one simply be refusing to incriminate himself? Can it be called obstruction if its simply not telling the police you are guilty?

And not knowing which of them is guilty....how do you charge any of them with obstruction?

Quote:

Generally, obstruction charges are laid when it is discovered that a person questioned in an investigation, other than a suspect, has lied to the investigating officers. However, in most common law jurisdictions, the right to remain silent allows any person questioned by police merely to refuse to answer questions posed by an investigator without giving any reason for doing so. (In such a case, the investigators may subpoena the witness to give testimony under oath in court, though the witness may then exercise their rights, for example in Fifth Amendment, if they believe their answer may serve to incriminate themselves ).


Assuming that is true...if nobody says anything....how is it obstruction?

Hell if everyone says they were asleep....clearly one is lying. But with visual evidence the only evidence....how do you prove who it is?

The guilty one doesnt owe it to the state to come clean. He cant be forced to incriminate himself. The rest.....are lying...or actually were asleep.

Without being able to tell who is doing what....isnt everyone gonna walk?

All you have left to charge is obstruction...which...again...cant be used if its simply not telling the police you are guilty. And not knowing which of them that is the case for....they cant charge any of them can they?


These are real questions by the way. Not me saying I know.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #129
shlver
코비=GOAT
 
shlver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,293
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

There is a small chance with DNA testing but the technology's not here, and there's a very, very minuscule and improbable chance of mutations in all four children after joining of germ cells.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #130
dr. bob's bunch
Saw a basketball once
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 25
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininTwos
sometimes sacrifices have to be made in order to attain greatness

mine is

1,4,6,6,7,7,7,7,8,9

0,0,2,3,3,3,4,4,5,7 - I endure all THAT and all I get is a 7. Sheesh.
dr. bob's bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #131
eurobum
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 757
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6pOLX5gno4



Andre is one of those guys who's underrated by 90% of hiphop fans and overrated by the other 10%.

He's great though, don't get me wrong.

So there's 0 percent that rates him appropriately?
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #132
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,275
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobum
So there's 0 percent that rates him appropriately?
Pretty much
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #133
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 8,063
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Wouldnt the guilty one simply be refusing to incriminate himself? Can it be called obstruction if its simply not telling the police you are guilty?

And not knowing which of them is guilty....how do you charge any of them with obstruction?




Assuming that is true...if nobody says anything....how is it obstruction?

Hell if everyone says they were asleep....clearly one is lying. But with visual evidence the only evidence....how do you prove who it is?

The guilty one doesnt owe it to the state to come clean. He cant be forced to incriminate himself. The rest.....are lying...or actually were asleep.

Without being able to tell who is doing what....isnt everyone gonna walk?

All you have left to charge is obstruction...which...again...cant be used if its simply not telling the police you are guilty. And not knowing which of them that is the case for....they cant charge any of them can they?


These are real questions by the way. Not me saying I know.

Well yes, I guess everyone's gonna walk, except dna test gives some useful outcome.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #134
chips93
Very good NBA starter
 
chips93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,523
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Too good for the BTE fakkit?

chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #135
LamarOdom
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: .
Posts: 2,663
Default Re: Kblaze will use this topic to record his random thoughts.

What about Siamese twins? what happens if one of them murder.
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy