Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Sony killed the Vita for me (for now)

I had a preorder for Vita from Amazon. $249, kick ass machine, Uncharted first day. Fun. WIN WIN WIN.

Then, Sony announced the new proriety memory card format. For 16gb (which is what i would want, i really like downloads and have a lot) it would run me about $70. FOR SIXTEEN GIGS. WTF...why can't they use normal cards?

And now Sony has announced basically it is not region free with downloads. To use multiple accounts (like i did with my PSP) you would need to reset the entire machine every time. Before, you just needed to log in. Now you need to reset the entire freaking machine. Which means you can't, which means all my japanese games are shit. And future japanese games, nope.

I don't get what they are doing. 3DS at $250, sold shit. At $150, doing real well. So Vita, basically it's launching at $300 with the required memory card.

I'm sure at some point i'll have one. But it went from must buy to much later buy. I'm really dissapointed in what they have done.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #2
N0Skillz
Master

N0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Sony killed the Vita for me (for now)

What class are the cards?
N0Skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
ashlar
High school junior varsity star

ashlar is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The proprietary memory card was announced by sony a while back. I think it was a terrible move by them too but you know japanese gaming companies. And about the whole region setting I agree that it makes absolutely no sense considering the ps3 does exactly what you explained. No clue why they would just up and change something like that. I important some jap games and some of them have DLC only available in the jpsn store. Most of my imports are physical copies so it would only affect DLCs but I can understand how frustrating it is for people who frequently visit and buy from the jpsn store. I'm visiting japan this x-mas break and was thinking of picking up a vita now I'm thinking I'll just wait for the US release.

I can't even play my 3ds with the 3d on anymore. I get a headache in 10 mins.
ashlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlar
The proprietary memory card was announced by sony a while back. I think it was a terrible move by them too but you know japanese gaming companies. And about the whole region setting I agree that it makes clue why they would just up and change something like that. I important some jap games and some of them have DLC only available in the jpsn store. Most of my imports are physical copies so it would only affect DLCs but I can understand how frustrating it is for people who frequently visit and buy from the jpsn store. I'm visiting japan this x-mas break and was thinking of picking up a vita now I'm thinking I'll just wait for the US release.

I can't even play my 3ds with the 3d on anymore. I get a headache in 10 mins.
i like it only on the first party games. Nintendo has some magical wand that makes it work. Everyone else, i feel like i lose the sweet spot in 4 seconds. It's not really necessary though, it makes the games look better but even without it it's a similar experience. Mario Kart is the shit.

Sony made a point in their conferences of saying the system was region free. Knowing how people use it, i don't get why they would bring that up at all.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: