Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 11-25-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Should I get a Kinect?

With the price drop for the weekend I've been looking at them. Is it worth the investment? I've done some major research on pros and cons and stuff. But if you have anymore advice I'd like to hear it.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Should I get a Kinect?

Unless you have lots of space in the room where you have your 360 and are doing this to get some girls to play when they're over, no. I've only tried it in a store but let's face it, the Kinect-dedicated games have been reviewed as crap other than that dancing game.

I think it's a cool technology but I personally hate motion-based gaming. I don't find it fun. I have a PS3 and wouldn't get the Move if it was $10. I'd rather buy some coffee and donuts instead.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

It's just a gimmick.

I mean if you REALLY want one then go ahead. If you got kids that enjoy playing then thats worth it, but honestly the Move and Kinect are both gimmicks. I remember at Gamestop when I got my first console I told her I want to get the PS3 and she told me how KINECT was coming out this November for the Xbox 360 and it's gonna be really good

Why the hell do I want that motion crap for?

I ended up getting a 360 later that year anyway but no kinect of course.
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingconch
It's just a gimmick.

I mean if you REALLY want one then go ahead. If you got kids that enjoy playing then thats worth it, but honestly the Move and Kinect are both gimmicks. I remember at Gamestop when I got my first console I told her I want to get the PS3 and she told me how KINECT was coming out this November for the Xbox 360 and it's gonna be really good

Why the hell do I want that motion crap for?

I ended up getting a 360 later that year anyway but no kinect of course.
I actually, really ****ing enjoyed the 2-3 experiences I used the playstation move with. I just seldom play my PS3.

Thanks for the opinions guys, you just saved me 100 bucks.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:16 AM   #5
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I actually, really ****ing enjoyed the 2-3 experiences I used the playstation move with. I just seldom play my PS3.

Thanks for the opinions guys, you just saved me 100 bucks.

Well that's good. but yeah it's personal preference if you enjoy getting up and moving around to play a game on Kinect then go for it, although there aren't any blockbuster titles for it or anything. That's why I prefer good ol' fashion gaming from using the controller.

I'm not sure about the Move and its game titles, I think theres LittleBigPlanet 2 for it? A little different experience wise than Xbox's Kinect I guess
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
step_back
You see this knife?

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The novelty quickly wears off and there aren't any good games for it. Spend the money on something better. So many great games came out this winter!
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea there's not much good games out for it. Dance central is surprisingly fun, and I've heard the Gunstringer is pretty good, but that's about it. It might be worthwhile in the future though, microsoft was pushing it pretty hard at E3. I think both Halo and ME3 plan to utilize kinect in some way.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #8
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

They are impressive tech wise work MUCH better then my wii ever did and my mates playstation move. That being said yeah there's like one decent game (that cowboy string shooter) and the sports titles. I've used mine like 4 times, once on my own and the rest only showing other people. I wouldn't buy it on it's own but my old xbox died and it was like $30 more in a package.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #9
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would never support the motion gaming trend...at least I hope it's just a trend.

So no, I wouldn't recommend you get it. The games for it suck and the in game movement response is sketchy. And yes, I have played around with it on multiple occasions.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:09 AM   #10
N0Skillz
Master

N0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterN0Skillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I played it once and it was really fcking fun even though you might look weird while playing =p. I played Kinect Adventures btw.
N0Skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

May wanna look at the next xbox update too. It's adding voice\hand support via kinect to the xbox dashboard. Apparently works well just telling it to play dvds/music and whatever if you use your xbox as a media server at all.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #12
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

I regret buying it. It's a lot of fun to play with a big group of friends, but even then it gets old after a few times. I could count how many times I've used it (and I got it a year ago).

Maybe that's just me though, I haven't played games that much since the summer. And even then it was only NBA lol
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #13
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was thinking about purchasing it for my sister adding it to my xbox,, but it seems like this thread killed microsofts plot to get my money.
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: