Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-22-2006, 12:00 AM   #16
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

lol, T-Mac on the cover... then when you play the dynasty mode or what his wife will call, then you'll have to leave the game for your wife in the hospital wh is giving birth to your 228th baby!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:02 AM   #17
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Bowen
I remember Allen Iverson was like invincible in one of the Dreamcast 2K games. I would always piss my friends off when I picked Iverson. He wouldn't miss!

Yeah same for me. I used to play NBA Showdown against my friend and he would alwayds be the Hawks so he could have Duane Ferrell, he would kill me with that guy. True story, and I don't know why. Maybe it was a bug because Ferrell sucks.

By the way Live fan here, if they could slow down the game play it would be worlds better.

I play 12 minute quarters, and the scores are well into the high 180's and the centers get jack all rebounds, and the point guards do all the scoring for the comp. Steals and blocks are too easy.

I hate the other game though, 2k, it is so boring, and stoodgy. It moves really slow and looks unrealistic.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:07 AM   #18
PureElement
Local High School Star

PureElement has an OK reputation so far

You can set the game speed and adjust the sliders. Point guards doing all the scoring is one thing they need to overhaul. Marbury owning me at the ASG, against my western allstars, was an embarrasement.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:09 AM   #19
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
You can set the game speed and adjust the sliders. Point guards doing all the scoring is one thing they need to overhaul. Marbury owning me at the ASG, against my western allstars, was an embarrasement.

Oh that explains everything. That's why Marbury said he was the best PG in the game - he meant NBA Live.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:18 AM   #20
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

sweet
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:23 AM   #21
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

The Live and 2k covers don't have stigmas. In fact, they've been great signs over the past few years. The curses you guys speak of are the Madden curse and the S.I. curse. Look at the recent covers...

Live 06 - Wade (Finals win)

NBA2k6 - Shaq (Finals win)

Live 05 - Carmello (21/6/3 season, playoff appearance)

NBA2k5
- Ben Wallace (Finals appearance)

Live 04 - Vince Carter (23/5/5 season in 73 games...only played 43 the year before)

*NBA2k4 - Technically never came out. Was titled "ESPN Basketball". (Interestingly, Iverson was on the cover and had an injury plagued season.)

Live 03 - Kidd (Finals appearance)

NBA2k3
- Iverson (28/4/6 season...82 games played...48 wins & Conference semifinals)
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:24 AM   #22
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Crap, NBA Live series is horrible. TMac deserves better.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:49 AM   #23
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Crap, NBA Live series is horrible. TMac deserves better.

I agree with one of the two statements you just made.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:52 AM   #24
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

2k1 was my favourite of them all. Well, I've only played 2k, 2k1, 2k5, and 2k6. 2k6 got old after two coffeebreaks.

2k1 was fun, all you do was get Vince Carter, cross over the defender and boom, hit 3 after 3 after 3.

But none of those holds a candle to skies of arcadia.... or jet grind radio... or thps1.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:56 AM   #25
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Do you guys think it will be better than this game?

AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:58 AM   #26
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

They are going with like a reverse Madden theory. If you take a guy with no heart who is already injury prone you cant be blamed for jinxing them into injury.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:59 AM   #27
Ryan Bowen
Decent playground baller

Ryan Bowen has decent reputationRyan Bowen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
But none of those holds a candle to skies of arcadia.... or jet grind radio...

Skies of Arcadia and Jet Grind Radio were brilliant! (I was just listening to the Jet Set Radio soundtrack!)
Ryan Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:07 AM   #28
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Bowen
Skies of Arcadia and Jet Grind Radio were brilliant! (I was just listening to the Jet Set Radio soundtrack!)

Yeah, I LOVED Skies of Arcadia. I've also been playing a lot of NBA 2K3 on my GC(that is, when I can pull myself away from Resident Evil 4). I've always preferred the 2K series to Live. It just seems more realistic. Also I love how it lets me alter people's attributes so I can take players like Dirk, Nash, KG, and Brand and make them as good as they are today.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:08 AM   #29
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Personally, fix up the damn Super Power moves.

Congrats Tracy, prove them wrong this season.

And Apple man, your wrong this is the better sports game.

albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:10 AM   #30
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The most dominant ever?
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: