Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #16
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Default Re: Is this the worst year in the history of the Eagles franchise?

At least we still own the cowturds. 34-7
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #17
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Eagles fan for 45 years.

Going into this season, I felt the team was a year away from being a legitimate contender. Too young at LB, kicking game in hands of rookies, wasn't sold on the Safety position.

That said, I didn't expect this mess.

I'm disappointed because it appears that some of the team has quit. It's apparent to me that Jackson has poisoned the locker room; Reid, for all his faults, has never been one to so blatantly scapegoat a player. It looks well deserved.

But the worst season ever? Not even close. There were stretches during those 4+ decades (Christ, I'm old) where the team had no talent, no shot at winning, and no direction. When ownership either wouldn't spend money or, in the case of Leonard Tose, basically gambled away the franchise.

There's talent on this roster, talent that I think will benefit from a proper off season and training camp. A core group of skill position players like MCoy, Maclin, Celek, etc is a good way to start. I also think Vick will settle in somewhere between last years aberration and this years fiasco. There are going to be coaching changes; there's no way Castillo keeps his job, and I'm not sure Reid does either.

The NFL is ever changing. That's one of the things that feed it's popularity. The franchise has been one of the more successful in the league for the last ten years, and I expect the future to be more of that and less of this.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Hardly worst season. Not even close
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #19
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Would you at say at this point this has become the most disappointing season under the Andy Reid regime?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Would you at say at this point this has become the most disappointing season under the Andy Reid regime?

You could say that. I wouldnt argue against it. 2005 and this season were two years worthy of a under the Andy Reid regime.

Cant wait til it ends and I am fully aware of the saying "Be careful what you wish for", "The grass isnt always greener on the other side". Both valid, but its just time for a parting of ways. If that means dog years, so be it. Or we could get lucky.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #21
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Had given you the benefit of the doubt, but now it sounds like trolling.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #22
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Had given you the benefit of the doubt, but now it sounds like trolling.
it was just a question I promise...
Old 11-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #23
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
it was just a question I promise...

Seems like you're just waiting around for an Eagles fan to admit that this season was the worst in some shape or form.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #24
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357

Seems like you're just waiting around for an Eagles fan to admit that this season was the worst in some shape or form.

+1
Old 11-28-2011, 04:39 PM   #25
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357

well, I am wondering if it is...yes

seems like this is the worst I have ever seen it with that franchise...and I am pretty old

It takes A LOT for me to think the Eagles will be better than Dallas preseason, but I was sold on the "dream team"...even I didn't expect this

they spent a ton of cash...they pushed "all in"...etc

Vick has to be a huge question mark at this point...and he was handed a ton of cash for just playing 6 or so great games LAST YEAR...

the star WR is likely gone...

they have no LB core

it is a train wreck is it not???...seriously where do you go from here???

the ONLY thing that I can even think of that was a possitive for theEagles this year was the oline and McCoy...and McCoy is very young so he should be a great piece to build around...everything else seems like it needs to be flushed IMO

Asante is awesome, perhaps my favorite Eagle...but he should be traded IMO while his stock is decent...

fire Ried...perhaps fire the entire coaching staff

who brought Vince Young in?...fire him, there is a reason no one wanted him

hire a vet MLB...not sure who...not sure the Eagles can even afford a FA next year
Old 11-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
well, I am wondering if it is...yes

seems like this is the worst I have ever seen it with that franchise...and I am pretty old

And with old age often comes memory loss which would explain why you cant think back far.

Quote:
It takes A LOT for me to think the Eagles will be better than Dallas preseason, but I was sold on the "dream team"...even I didn't expect this

Riiiiight you were sold on the Dream Team.

Quote:
Vick has to be a huge question mark at this point...and he was handed a ton of cash for just playing 6 or so great games LAST YEAR...

Starting QBs are hard to find. Kolb was given big bucks for doing what exactly? Fact of the matter is, QB is a high priority position and Vick was the best option for the Eagles to go with. He's only locked in for 3yrs $48mil. After the 3rd season they can decide if they keep him or head into a different direction.

Quote:
the star WR is likely gone...

Franchise tagged.

Quote:
they have no LB core

For the most part Eagles never put much stock into the LB position. The last bigtime stud at LB was Trotter and he wasnt a Reid guy. He was a Ray Rhodes guy. But your memory is suuuuuuuuuure fantastic.

Quote:
it is a train wreck is it not???...seriously where do you go from here???

How is it a train wreck?

Ok I guess you are trolling now.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #27
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I was sold on them being the favs in the NFC East...that is what I meant...not the favs to win the Super Bowl no

If I didn't admitt that in here it is because I didn't want to...

you don't think this is a wreck GoBB?...this is a complete mess for the Eagles, how can you say otherwise?...it isn't trolling for me to say that, if it is then the entire media is trolling you right now...

franchise DeSean next year huh?...I would actually like to see that...it would keep him hush and force him to play hard
Old 11-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
you don't think this is a wreck GoBB?...this is a complete mess for the Eagles, how can you say otherwise?...it isn't trolling for me to say that, if it is then the entire media is trolling you right now...

Complete mess?

Hardly a complete mess. I can say otherwise because I know the problems with this team from coaching to personnel. And this team can easily become a winning team next season. This team blew 3-4 games in the 4th quarter this season. We're not talkin about a team that is getting blown out, or beat where they arent even in games.

Quote:
franchise DeSean next year huh?...I would actually like to see that...it would keep him hush and force him to play hard

He'd make easily $8-9mil for one season. If he still plays like a dbag while collecting that money? He only hurts himself because no team after looking at his situation will give him the money he thinks he is worth let alone the Eagles. He's in no place to negotiate. He'll either be traded or tagged. I dont even know how the trade would work but Djax isnt holding any cards here. Matt Forte requires a new contract and he is actually carrying the load for the Bears. Djax while he is a home run hitter and can, has impacted a game? You can find his replacement. The faster he realizes that the better. Afterall, he hurt himself by his performance this season. Tagging him where he'll make a guranteed $8-9mil and he goes out and performs like a a-hole? Well he's digging himself into a grave.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #29
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

High expectations put on the team that they won't get anywhere near but worst year ever? Really?

Good posts by JMT.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #30
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Assuming Andy Reid loses his job, Marvin Lewis will become the 2nd longest tenured coach in the league. Unbelievable.

Reid will have no shortage of suitors. He's an unbelievable coach. Yeah, they never won a championship every year,, but in this cap era, it's pretty impressive that he's consistently kept them in the hunt. It's just that after awhile, the same voice and the same philosophy loses it's touch.

Honestly, is Philly more of a baseball town, or football town?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: