Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #76
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ricky Rubioooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
People might not be hyping him up as much now, but they definitely did before. If he plays well, good for him. I just don't think he's going to be good, and I hope he proves me right.

I can agree with if you don't think he's going to be good. However I don't think I'll ever be able to understand why you'd hope someone proves you right about them being a bust. Every player I've claimed is a bust I hope they prove me wrong because I like to see young players reach their potential.

But none the less that's your perspective
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:51 PM   #77
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
I can agree with if you don't think he's going to be good. However I don't think I'll ever be able to understand why you'd hope someone proves you right about them being a bust. Every player I've claimed is a bust I hope they prove me wrong because I like to see young players reach their potential.

But none the less that's your perspective

Don't get me wrong, I usually like to see young players develop and reach their potential. Theres just something about Rubio, he's like the exception to the rule for me haha. Frig I even wanted Thabeet to do well.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #78
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

i think rubio will be solid and if he builds enough confidence he just might be great in a few years, i dont think adelman will help him THAT much, his a great coach but i dont think his that great with rookies were he will turn them into superstars
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #79
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

I hope that he will do fine, but I seriously doubt it...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #80
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
In the 2010-11 season with Barcelona he averaged
5.9 PPG, 32.1 FG%, 4 APG, 3.3 RPG in 22.9 MPG.

Luke Ridnour eat your heart out.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #81
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

what did brandon jennings average in europe again?

oh yeah . . .

euro stats dont translate to nba stats. rubio, like jennings before him was in a very unique situation.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #82
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Show me some of these NBA PG's stats in Europe.
Jennings, Lawson, etc.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #83
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Show me some of these NBA PG's stats in Europe.
Jennings, Lawson, etc.

The funny thing is Rubio's game is shaped for Euro style play and he puts up that garbage. He can't shoot and lacks athleticism, doesn't run a team well. What can he do?
Old 11-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #84
Ronin
Kid Clutch x 35

Ronin has no real reputation yet.

I think he'll be good but not like All NBA good
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:42 PM   #85
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
The funny thing is Rubio's game is shaped for Euro style play and he puts up that garbage. He can't shoot and lacks athleticism, doesn't run a team well. What can he do?
That's contradicting what most say. Most say that good shooters and gritty defenders thrive in the NBA, that's why people thought Rondo and Westbrook (at the time wasn't considered the best shooter) would struggle in FIBA ball. I think Rubio's game is more fitted for the NBA actually. I'm not saying he'll be a star, but I think he'll end up as a solid starting PG.

And I don't think there's any doubt that his game is perfect for that type of "barn-storming/ pick up type" game. That's why he had so many nice highlights, a fast game with no set offense where you just play freely and little to no defense.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:49 PM   #86
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

cant wait to see him in the NBA.... love the dudes passing ability & court vision....
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:51 AM   #87
kumquat
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
That's contradicting what most say. Most say that good shooters and gritty defenders thrive in the NBA, that's why people thought Rondo and Westbrook (at the time wasn't considered the best shooter) would struggle in FIBA ball. I think Rubio's game is more fitted for the NBA actually. I'm not saying he'll be a star, but I think he'll end up as a solid starting PG.

And I don't think there's any doubt that his game is perfect for that type of "barn-storming/ pick up type" game. That's why he had so many nice highlights, a fast game with no set offense where you just play freely and little to no defense.

Rondo is an elite defender, Westbrook is an elite slasher. Rubio is neither of those.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:13 AM   #88
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
Rondo is an elite defender, Westbrook is an elite slasher. Rubio is neither of those.

Yawn keep reaching I remember very few people calling Rondo and elite defender when he first entered the leauge.

The way you're posting it seems like Rubio already played 3 years in the nba and is incapable of doing anything.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:44 AM   #89
MiseryCityTexas
National High School Star

MiseryCityTexas has decent reputationMiseryCityTexas has decent reputation

rick adleman will give rubio jason williams in sacramento type of minutes if he lands the starting gig.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:56 AM   #90
kumquat
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Yawn keep reaching I remember very few people calling Rondo and elite defender when he first entered the leauge.

The way you're posting it seems like Rubio already played 3 years in the nba and is incapable of doing anything.

I call bullshit on that, Rondo was a great defender in college.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: