Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2011, 02:38 AM   #91
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ricky Rubioooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
The funny thing is Rubio's game is shaped for Euro style play and he puts up that garbage. He can't shoot and lacks athleticism, doesn't run a team well. What can he do?
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #92
SunsCaptain
Local High School Star

SunsCaptain has decent reputationSunsCaptain has decent reputation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fqISq30cy8

ROFL...this is the news site if you read the comment on the video.

http://www.marca.com/blogs/tiros-lib...a-cancion.html

Last edited by SunsCaptain : 11-29-2011 at 02:49 AM.
SunsCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:44 AM   #93
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think we got a steal in Jeremy Tyler.

Looking forward to Derozan and Harden next season too. I feel like both those guys are on the cusp of becoming great players.

As for Rubio, I think his game will flourish in the NBA. Think Rondo with less defense and more court vision.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:14 AM   #94
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ricky never showed some improvement in his last 2 years in the Euroleague. Let see if he become a quality starting PG in the NBA.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #95
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Show me some of these NBA PG's stats in Europe.
Jennings, Lawson, etc.

All 3 of the players suck. I don't see what your point is.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #96
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
rubio will be the shit in the nba. no hand checks in this league which will free him up.

He uses hand checking for his own defense. So how will his good defense translate with a no hand check rule?

"Free him up"............he was left wide open and unguarded in Euroleague. How could he be "freed up" anymore when he was already left unguarded in Euroleague?

Please explain that to me.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #97
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
He uses hand checking for his own defense. So how will his good defense translate with a no hand check rule?

"Free him up"............he was left wide open and unguarded in Euroleague. How could he be "freed up" anymore when he was already left unguarded in Euroleague?

Please explain that to me.
i meant with the ball in his hands.. face it, nba fans put the boom or bust label on offensive side way more than defensive side of the ball.

he dont need to score more than 10 ppg, i doubt he will. but he'll run the offense a hell of a lot better than flynn ever did and he's one of the best passers we've seen come out of the draft in years.

and yes, shooting the basketball- people get better at it.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #98
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
i meant with the ball in his hands.. face it, nba fans put the boom or bust label on offensive side way more than defensive side of the ball.

he dont need to score more than 10 ppg, i doubt he will. but he'll run the offense a hell of a lot better than flynn ever did and he's one of the best passers we've seen come out of the draft in years.

He was left unguarded with the ball in his hands in Euroleague. Teams didn't even bother to guard him anymore when he had the ball either.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #99
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Fans may slobber over offense vs defense. Coaching staffs don't.

He'll struggle mightily to score and get abused on defense.

His ability to make spectacular passes will be directly impacted by his not having the ball in his hands all the time and not playing vs zones. All the open space to throw those passes is going to be in the 10' around him that nobody guards.

Rubio equates to that amazingly fast college RB that comes into the NFL. Fans that don't really understand the game can't imagine why he's not playing all the time. But his liabilities in pass protection and inability to catch the ball are the things that keep you off the field in the NFL, just like Rubio's deficiencies will keep him off the court in the NBA.

Johnny Flynn will look like Isiah Thomas in comparison.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:08 AM   #100
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Bump for Euro
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #101
oolalaa
I eat cheese

oolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected poster

Ricky Rubio's stat line for next season:

20 mpg, 5 ppg on 35% shooting, 1 rpg, 5 apg, 1 spg and defence comparable to 37 year old Steve Nash.

You're lucky to have him T-Wolves fans...
oolalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #102
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolalaa
Ricky Rubio's stat line for next season:

20 mpg, 5 ppg on 35% shooting, 1 rpg, 5 apg, 1 spg and defence comparable to 37 year old Steve Nash.

You're lucky to have him T-Wolves fans...
Right.. Irrational haters are the greatest
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #103
oolalaa
I eat cheese

oolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected posteroolalaa is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Right.. Irrational haters are the greatest

I'm not irrational. He will be a good point guard down the road but his first season will be rough (especially efficiency wise).

Last edited by oolalaa : 02-08-2012 at 05:50 PM.
oolalaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:40 AM   #104
eazyduzzit10
I brick open layups

eazyduzzit10 has an OK reputation so far

wow...different sport but all the hate reminds me of how so many people wanted Cam Newton to fail. Give the kid a chance, let's remember there are also players who are lights-out shooters that are bums too.
eazyduzzit10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #105
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyduzzit10
wow...different sport but all the hate reminds me of how so many people wanted Cam Newton to fail. Give the kid a chance, let's remember there are also players who are lights-out shooters that are bums too.

Can only speak for myself.

I wanted and continue to want nothing but the worst for Newton. Low character liar who got thrown out of one school for stealing from a student who actually had to pay his way to college. Then got paid to play at another school, escaping penalty because the BCSPN didn't want to jeopardize their Make Believe Championship.

That said, there was little question that physically the guy had the tools. His success throwing the ball has been a bit of a surprise to me, but he looks too much like a bigger, stronger Randall Cunningham for me to write him off.

Rubio, on the other hand, barely moves the Doosh-o-meter while Newton pegs it. Yeah, the hype about him is absurd, but that's not really his fault. Can't even blame him for working Minnesota for his contract. There's a sucker born every minute, and he'd have been the next sucker born if he didn't take advantage of the opportunity.

But in his case, I don't see the skill set or physical tools that will make him a successful NBA player. He can't shoot at anything close to an NBA level. He won't be able to defend NBA guards. As others noted, the hand checking and passing lane defense that's gotten him by...barely...in Europe won't work here. He's a novelty act who caught lightning in a bottle.

So while I understand your comparison, it doesn't hold up for me. I don't want Newton to succeed, but acknowledge that with his gifts he probably will. I don't care if Rubio succeeds, just don't see that he has anywhere near the tools necessary to do so.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: