Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2011, 12:40 AM   #1
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Bucks - Jackson Amnesty now or next year ?

Next two years he is projected to get 20 million 9.2 this year , 10+ next year.
He's getting older not younger , but would help the Bucks find a spot in the playoff's as long as Jennings passes him the ball.
(Other wise Jax will have to get the imbound pass to have a chance)

I see the Bucks carding the amnesty option till 2012 summer than use it on Jax.

--------------
If he went now - who you think would pick him up ?
If he went next summer -who you think would pick him up ?

What would the Bucks try to get if this played out ?

---------------
If he is moved I think the Bucks in any case scenario would look hard at a SG with some defense and a spot up J.

That would help Jennings if the Bucks hang on to him... (I wish the guy would fail this year so the Bucks would get serious about shopping him)
I like pass first PG's.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Bucks - Jackson Amnesty now or next year ?

Looking at the numbers, amnestying Stephen Jackson would put them around $16 million under the cap (opposed to around $7 mil with him)... is there some move you see Milwaukee doing with that cap space that would justify paying him so much?

Personally, I wouldn't... I'd see how he does this year. Not only has he proven he's a good player (he helped lead Charlotte to the playoffs a little over a year ago) and I'd like to see him with a good PG and C under a defensive coach. Theoretically he could be the perfect fit, he's a scorer that can also do the little things. Also Milwaukee will probably want to use the amnesty on Gooden down the road.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:56 AM   #3
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yea I thought about Gooden , but his salary is at 6+ mill , and unless their rooks pan out to take over the 4 spot , gooden plays with Bogut well.

It wouldn't make sense for them to let Gooden go... he acts and has said time after time he is very committed to the Bucks for his career.

Jax will be pushing hard on that 30+ age when he starts the 2012 season.
Kind of asking alot out of a 10+mill player to hang with a average team , when I am sure he would much rather get out of town and coat tail a elite team , vying for 20 minutes as a supporting cast member..
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:56 AM   #4
rodman91
Bulls

rodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputation

S.Jackson gets 20 million for 2 year and players still bitching about money.
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #5
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

amnesty him after the trade deadline, he still puts up good numbers and probably can be traded for assets, and save the amnesty on another player on the team
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #6
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Bucks need a player like Jackson this season. I wouldnt amnesty him unless they think they can sign a FA at the end of this season.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:33 AM   #7
HurricaneKid
Decent college freshman

HurricaneKid has decent reputation

You guys would make bad GMs. What is the difference between amnestying him and not? They would be paying him the same amount and there is no way they pay luxury tax. You might as well keep the production.

No team under the cap is going to amnsty anyone with the possible exception of a team that thinks they can you the money cleared to get guys that would yake them to the top.

Last edited by HurricaneKid : 11-29-2011 at 02:01 AM.
HurricaneKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:00 AM   #8
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
You guys would make bad GMs. What is the difference between amnestying him and not? They would be paying him the same amount and there is no way they pay luxury tax. You might as well keep the production.

No team under the cap is going to amnsty anyone with the possible exception of a team that thinks they can you the money cleared to get guys that would yake them to the top.

WTF I just said to keep him
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:00 AM   #9
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's going to be an interesting 25 days before the season I tell you.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:02 AM   #10
HurricaneKid
Decent college freshman

HurricaneKid has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
WTF I just said to keep him

I wasn't responding specifically to you but to the OP and the weird consensus
HurricaneKid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: