Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Glen Grunwald is the guy for now

Quote:
Hey, remember that time Donnie Walsh left the Knicks and James Dolan appointed Glen Grunwald as the interim GM and said they would immediately start looking for replacements? Well, he hasn't really followed through on the latter part of that. Since that day in June, the Knicks have interviewed exactly zero candidates to replace Walsh. Dolan's been mired in lockout negotiations and the front office has had little else to do but golf and twiddle their respective genitals. According to Alan Hahn's article from last night, that's because Grunwald is the man for the time being.

Knicks owner James Dolan appointed Grunwald, whose official title remains senior vice president of basketball operations, to the role of interim general manager in June when Donnie Walsh decided not to return as team president. It is likely, according to several sources with knowledge of the situation, that Grunwald will hold the position for the entire 2011-12 season.

Dolan said in a statement in June that the franchise would "begin an immediate search for a new president and general manager," but according to multiple sources, the team has yet to formally interview any candidates to replace Walsh. The sense is that Grunwald, a former Toronto Raptors general manager who has been with the Knicks since Isiah Thomas hired him in 2006, can handle the job for now.

The question, then, is when "for now" ends. As Hahn and everybody else on the planet notes, we're approaching 2012 free agency and the massive managerial endeavor therein. The hope is to get, say, Chris Paul to join the Knicks, (a fate that is both highly definitely likely and totally completely impossible depending on which ESPN article you're reading) and it would seem less than ideal to have a front office in flux during that process.

So, this is confusing and I am confused. I just wrote a bunch of confused words about this for the Sports Section, if you don't believe me. If Grunwald's the guy, that's awesome, and I hope they've made that clear to him. If he's not the guy, then it might be wise to find the guy quite soon, since a most important juncture isn't far in the future. Even if the guy is someone from within the organization like Mark Warkentien or Allan Houston, why not make the promotion sooner rather than later?

Right? What say you? Am I reading too far into this, or misreading it entirely?
http://www.postingandtoasting.com/20...-now?ref=yahoo

What are the chances of the Knicks getting CP3 without a GM? What kind of moves do we believe Grunwald will make?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Glen Grunwald is the guy for now

The Hornets have a GM, they don't have an owner, and ours is Grunwald.

CP3 met with the GM and the coach last summer when the rumours were swirling.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The Hornets have a GM, they don't have an owner, and ours is Grunwald.

CP3 met with the GM and the coach last summer when the rumours were swirling.
Do you really think this guy is the GM? Its possible he is acting GM on a interim bases but considering the Knicks hasnt put any buzz out there for a new one YET.... I dont know if this is the guy I want in the FO pursuing CP3.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Do you really think this guy is the GM? Its possible he is acting GM on a interim bases but considering the Knicks hasnt put any buzz out there for a new one YET.... I dont know if this is the guy I want in the FO pursuing CP3.

Grunwald is the twin of Isiah, and pretty much every gig that Grunwald has gotten has been because of Isiah, so I would prefer not to have the guy.

I'd rather Warkentein run the show because I think he is better in the GM spot, plus even though I don't like the group CAA, he has connection to CP3 and he helped bring Melo here since they all are represented by CAA.

I'm really not cool with the leadership at MSG, because they are all friends of Isiah.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Correct me if I'm mistaken. Im not sure on all the restrictions during a lockout, but given the fact that there was so much we COULDNT do during the lockout, why didnt we address this issue? Is it against the rules to hire a GM during the negotiations period?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Correct me if I'm mistaken. Im not sure on all the restrictions during a lockout, but given the fact that there was so much we COULDNT do during the lockout, why didnt we address this issue? Is it against the rules to hire a GM during the negotiations period?

They very well could have, teams were making personnel decision during the lockout.

It's just Isiah is in Dolan's ear, and watch as I say this on this day.

If Chris Paul becomes a Knick, Isiah is not only coming back, but he will be the coach.

Yeah I said it.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
They very well could have, teams were making personnel decision during the lockout.

It's just Isiah is in Dolan's ear, and watch as I say this on this day.

If Chris Paul becomes a Knick, Isiah is not only coming back, but he will be the coach.

Yeah I said it.
Someone ban this guy
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:43 PM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Someone ban this guy

I will be saying "I told you so..."
Old 12-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #9
Rameek
Krust Kingz

If Isiah comes back in any capacity I think Walsh wouldnt be an advisor....
Old 12-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #10
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Shit,We get Chris Paul, Rameek can be the coach lol IDGAF!

I've suffered through Ward,Eisley,Duhon and countless bums @ PG. If we get Paul, the "beggars can't be chosers" rule applies to me!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #11
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Is it safe to call this guy a failure yet?
Old 01-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #12
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Is it safe to call this guy a failure yet?
No.
Let's judge him after D'Antoni is fired and this team finally gets a competent coach.

Signing Bibby was obviously a failure. Tyson has been playing well,he would have been even better in different system.
We're still waiting on Baron Davis.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #13
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
No.
Let's judge him after D'Antoni is fired and this team finally gets a competent coach.

Signing Bibby was obviously a failure. Tyson has been playing well,he would have been even better in different system.
We're still waiting on Baron Davis.

Ok but what about Novak, Lin, Jeffries, Harrelson? Bibby has been atrocious and Tyson,while looking decent, has still yet to play like a 15 mill dollar player. Matter of fact, I'll give you Tyson. I won't complain because he's a solid Center. With the exception of Harrellson's game against SAC, these other guys have been total wastes of space.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Ok but what about Novak, Lin, Jeffries, Harrelson? Bibby has been atrocious and Tyson,while looking decent, has still yet to play like a 15 mill dollar player. Matter of fact, I'll give you Tyson. I won't complain because he's a solid Center. With the exception of Harrellson's game against SAC, these other guys have been total wastes of space.
Let's start.

Bibby - Total failure. Cut this guy.

Lin - he was only signed in case someone else injures himself.He's basically here just to play in case we don't have anyone to put on the court at the pg.

Harrellson - I though Walsh was in charge for the draft ?
And even if he wasn't I don't have anything against drafting Jorts.He is very inconsistent shooter but he always tries and plays hard. That's all we can ask from a second round pick.

Novak - He's shooting 44% from three. That's why we brought him. He's last year's Shawne Williams without defense. And this year's Shawne sucks balls. He's shooting 23% from the field and 7% from deep

Jeffries - I don't have anything against re-signing this guy.Solid defender for a 10 minutes he should play.Can guard multiple positions.

Grundwald could have done better but overall he didn't do bad.I like Tyson signing,we overpaid but with time he could really be worth it.
He can't completely show his strengths while D'Antoni is the coach,and I hope that won't be long.

Bibby and Lin should be cut and we should sign 2 point guards who can defend and dribble the ball without falling on the ground every time.
They don't have to be anything special,but let's not sign a 100 year old defensive liability and some boy from Harvard who dribbles the ball worse than kids in the park.

Last edited by Clutch : 01-03-2012 at 04:00 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: