Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #46
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Broussard: Boston offered Rondo+Green for Westbrook+Perk, OKC said no

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
He also reported Chicago and New York as likely destinations not even a week before. The guy is a disinformation junkie.

The guy is a reporter. He is given information and then gets on TV or Twitter to report it. If a bunch of people said NY or Chicago a few days prior, it's not his fault that they were wrong. You guys act like he's spouting his personal opinion or something.

Anyway, OKC should have made the trade. I like a Rondo+Durant+Harden combo more than Westbrook/Harden/Durant. Not sure what Green offers though...
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #47
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Broussard: Boston offered Rondo+Green for Westbrook+Perk, OKC said no

Pretty sure Broussard justs hangs with the homeless dudes on the streets outside the NBA office in NYC and calls them sources.

This is a pretty ridiculous story.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #48
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejumpa
The guy is a reporter. He is given information and then gets on TV or Twitter to report it. If a bunch of people said NY or Chicago a few days prior, it's not his fault that they were wrong. You guys act like he's spouting his personal opinion or something.

Anyway, OKC should have made the trade. I like a Rondo+Durant+Harden combo more than Westbrook/Harden/Durant. Not sure what Green offers though...

No..? Actually, nobody is acting like that whatsoever. Broussard is unrivaled when it comes to either embellishing facts or blowing "rumors" completely out of proportion.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #49
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Does Broussard even think about what he says?

He broke at least 2 trade rules in that scenario. He said after the season Boston made that offer, but that's impossible because not only would Green be a Restricted FA, but you can't trade back for a guy until after a year.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #50
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #51
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

I actually can see us trading Rondo you know. Doc said today, on handling players mentioned in trade talks: "It's not going to be the last time. We're in a grown up business. We always have been. You just try to be as honest as possible to him, and you go from there."

Sounds like "being honest as possible" could mean "we'll trade you if we get the right deal".
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #52
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chris Broussard was the one who kept talking about the big three forming in miami weeks before it happened. way before everyone else thought it was a possibility.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #53
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerGlove
Chris Broussard was the one who kept talking about the big three forming in miami weeks before it happened. way before everyone else thought it was a possibility.

actually stephen a smith broke that and broussard shamelessly piggybacked it. i think only after people noticed, he later gave credit to stephen a.

uploaded june 29th, 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-gEfw0gq7Q
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #54
PowerGlove
By Any Means

PowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePowerGlove is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
actually stephen a smith broke that and broussard shamelessly piggybacked it. i think only after people noticed, he later gave credit to stephen a.
Then I guess the criticism is justified.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #55
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation hereNick Young has a near all-star reputation here

Ainge is a moron. Why would OKC give up their center and their superstar PG for the most overrated PG in NBA history and the idiot choke artist Jeff Green?
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #56
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the Thunder wouldn´t be any worse if they dealt Westbrook straight up for Rondo, but Westbrook has more trade value for other teams. If the Thunder decided to deal Westbrook they´d aim higher. Package him with Ibaka/Perkins and go after Howard. That´s probably as good a deal Orlando could get for Howard, if Howard makes it clear he will leave. Westbrook is a legit young star. Perkins is still a legit center. Ibaka is young has the potential to become an All-star PF. And if you are the Thunder, the idea of ten years of Durant/Howard is just
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:57 PM   #57
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love the trade
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #58
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm in the same mind set of thinking Broussard is full of c-rap. On the VERY slight chance it's true, LOL! I really like Boston, though they aren't very enjoyable to watch anymore.. but thinking they could get Westbrook with that is hilarious.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:04 AM   #59
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Westbrook has room to improve and that's where this potential deal goes sour. He won't be doing the same boneheaded things that he did last playoffs next season. On paper, this is a great deal. A pass first guard dishing it to KD is what OKC needs, and the Celts need a scoring point guard to revitalize their aging offense.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #60
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The thunder would be stupid to do this deal.

The thunder need to stop playing games and trade Westbrook for a REAL big.
They need to go to the lakers and trade for pau Gasol.

Westbrook for Gasol.

This would make the thunder legit.

why not?
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: