Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-30-2011, 06:52 AM   #31
disel
High school junior varsity star

disel is starting to rub some people the wrong waydisel is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Am i the only that Feels that Dwight Howard is overrated?

Dwight>>Yao
disel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:55 AM   #32
iamgine

iamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputationiamgine has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
no sir.... He wil never win a ring as a primary option. He'll be good as a second fiddle tho
Going to the finals show that he's legit. If winning a ring is the standard then Durant or Lebron isn't a legit 1st option too.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:02 AM   #33
Rnbizzle
Banned

Rnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRnbizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
Not to be mentioned in the same breath as Rose? You have that backwards, Rose shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Dwight.

I thought you made a great post up until this point. Both of these players are legit superstars and near unguardable on their positions. Why shouldn't the MVP and the DPOY of last year not be mentioned in the same breath?
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:27 AM   #34
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
I thought you made a great post up until this point. Both of these players are legit superstars and near unguardable on their positions. Why shouldn't the MVP and the DPOY of last year not be mentioned in the same breath?

Because the DPOY was only not given MVP because Rose's team was better. If it's an individual award, wins shouldn't be so important in the voting process.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 AM   #35
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

I liken Dwight to Bill Russell.

Somehow the fact that Bill won so many titles, his game was probably not as complete and yet he gets a pass from criticism (which is Dwight is not).
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #36
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9512
I liken Dwight to Bill Russell.

Somehow the fact that Bill won so many titles, his game was probably not as complete and yet he gets a pass from criticism (which is Dwight is not).
Russell is an average offensive player, but being the best defender more than makes up for it. He has the ability to take over games. Do you know of his 30-40 game 7 performance? Dwight doesn't have any of the intangibles Russell had.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #37
Jameerthefear
Banned

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i hate when people like the op make threads like this when they obviously have no idea what they are talking about.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:15 AM   #38
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He did not Carry the magic to the finals....Thats Magic team that went to the finals was stacked, and if i rmember Correctly there was lot of Hedo turkoglu and Jameer nelosn invlolved in that successful season.

nelson was missing up until like game 3 of the finals. turk was a good playmaker, and he had a ton of shooters, but i dont think that team was stacked. tbh i think they were fortunate to get past the cavaliers, the just happened to mach up well with them.

Quote:
23 ppg is not dominant given the fact that the Center position is watered down to the point where he faces an undersized center on most nights.

dominant just refers to how much better you are to your competition, regardless of how weak or strong that competition is.

Quote:
He's a Center most of his points come on easy putbacks and dunks..i would hope he can get 20 points on 15 shots or less, and factor in all the freethrows from the hack a howard. His Career ppg, and his minimal improvements over the course of his career does not point toward dominance...Dwight Howard is definately good, i just dont believe he belongs in the same Breath as Wade, Lebron, Dirk Kobe, Rose etc.

even when you factor in how many free throws he takes a game, on a per possession basis, he is still the 6th most efficeint scorer in the league. he is sixth in TS% at 61%. bear in mind league average is around 54%. so he is very efficeint.

i understand that howard isnt up to par as a go-to scorer as some of the guys you mentioned, and i you imply that the fact that he gets easy buckets is a bad thing, well i disagree. a player who can get easy buckets but is only a good go-to scorer (like howard) is just as valuable on offense, as a guy who is a great go-to scorer, but cant get easy buckets as regularly (lets say d-rose for example). when you factor in his defense, i dont think theres an arguement for him being outside the top 5 in the league.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #39
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's worth noting that the OP also thinks Kobe>Jordan, so take his opinions with a grain of salt.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #40
Harrison_Barnes
Local High School Star

Harrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHarrison_Barnes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He still has some areas he needs to improve, but no I wouldn't say that he is overrated.
Harrison_Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #41
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Be on the lookout... Because somehow.....Somewhere ...... Rocketsgreatness is a part of this thread
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #42
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Be on the lookout... Because somehow.....Somewhere ...... Rocketsgreatness is a part of this thread

somebody should start a contest/thread to find RGs new account. like the first to guess it correct wins a prize. jeff could send out some free merchandise for the winner, have some fun with trolling this troll
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #43
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
somebody should start a contest/thread to find RGs new account. like the first to guess it correct wins a prize. jeff could send out some free merchandise for the winner, have some fun with trolling this troll
RRR3 made a thread about this. It was unfortunately removed by mods/Jeff.
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #44
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii

Dwade305 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by disel
Dwight>>Yao
Wadup RG.......basically admitting you are the op huh?
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #45
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
Daperceive=RG. Inception28 is also him.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: