Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2011, 06:56 AM   #46
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 7,911
Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

If the C's include Jermaine O'Neal in any deal, then who's gonna play center? JuJuan Johnson?
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:15 PM   #47
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster
 
Pushxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 3,116
Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
Calling Rondo elite is straight laughable, clearly you have rose coloured glasses on.
Random person saying fact after everything doesn't infact, make it fact. FACT
He's a good defender and rebounder, yes.
He's a decent playmaker, but when you have 3 HoFers on the end of your passes it's impossible to guage how good he actually is. Put him in Phoenix instead of Nash and I guarentee he doesn't have anywhere near the assists.
It's not a matter of not being able to shoot consistantly, he can't shoot at all... Ohh wait I forgot, fact!
At the death he's a liability. How can an "elite" point guard not be counted on to have the ball in his hands when the games on the line. Dude has a career FT% of 62%. Show me one elite PG that can't even shoot free throws....

To be fair, when healthy, Rondo has proven lately he is a walking 14 APG. He's his own mold.

He was in top 5 MVP voting for the first half of the season until he got hurt and never returned to 100%. The Miami series proved how important he is...
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #48
I.R.Beast
National High School Star
 
I.R.Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,028
Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
To be fair, when healthy, Rondo has proven lately he is a walking 14 APG. He's his own mold.

He was in top 5 MVP voting for the first half of the season until he got hurt and never returned to 100%. The Miami series proved how important he is...

He was not going to average 14 apg then entire season regardless. Rondo was not badly injured to the point that he "couldnt" pass. Quite simply put the Celtics came out extremely hot during the 14 apg stretch and we began to cool off as the season progressed.

Do you seriously think he would average 14 assists the entire season. I called it 10 games in that he would fall to about 11 PER. Rondo disgusts me the way he WHORES for assissts. I'm sick of seeing ruin an easy 2 points he could've had because he's tryin to rack up another assist. I'm sick of his defender 15 feet away from him playing ball denial on one of our big 3 disrupting passing, Im sick his brick jumpers, brick free throws and his unwillingness to assert him as a scorer when our big 3 just flat out isnt shooting the ball well. I say we get rid of him now before the Big 3 retire and he's exposed.

Are you seriou, the miami series proved how overrated he is. He wanted nothing to do with offense in that series. He cost us the series. That whole 'dead arm" act was comical.

Last edited by I.R.Beast : 11-30-2011 at 12:34 PM.
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #49
ballup
Mavs of Fantansy Ball
 
ballup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Batz Thread Eh?
Posts: 8,960
Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
He was not going to average 14 apg then entire season regardless. Rondo was not badly injured to the point that he "couldnt" pass. Quite simply put the Celtics came out extremely hot during the 14 apg stretch and we began to cool off as the season progressed.

Do you seriously think he would average 14 assists the entire season. I called it 10 games in that he would fall to about 11 PER. Rondo disgusts me the way he WHORES for assissts. I'm sick of seeing ruin an easy 2 points he could've had because he's tryin to rack up another assist. I'm sick of his defender 15 feet away from him playing ball denial on one of our big 3 disrupting passing, Im sick his brick jumpers, brick free throws and his unwillingness to assert him as a scorer when our big 3 just flat out isnt shooting the ball well. I say we get rid of him now before the Big 3 retire and he's exposed.

Are you seriou, the miami series proved how overrated he is. He wanted nothing to do with offense in that series. He cost us the series. That whole 'dead arm" act was comical.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #50
Dbrog
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,856
Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

Am I the only one wondering why the f@ck the Celtics are trying to get rid of their ONLY young allstar player. It just doesn't make sense. Do they not realize the big 3 will be retiring soon? Rondo is LEGIT and people will want to go there to play with him. Celtics need to rethink their strategy...
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #51
Miller for 3
Local High School Star
 
Miller for 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,066
Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

since the CP3 deal seems to be dead, doesnt that end this rumor as well? What motive would the Cs have to deal Rondo if they arent getting Paul?
Miller for 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #52
brownmamba00
Cali Love
 
brownmamba00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,266
Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
That whole 'dead arm" act was comical.
wtf lol
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #53
AMISTILLILL
Banned
 
AMISTILLILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salford Lads Club
Posts: 7,649
Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrog
Am I the only one wondering why the f@ck the Celtics are trying to get rid of their ONLY young allstar player. It just doesn't make sense. Do they not realize the big 3 will be retiring soon? Rondo is LEGIT and people will want to go there to play with him. Celtics need to rethink their strategy...

It's to make one last push for a ring then reevaluate their options this summer. They've got a two huge contracts coming off the books and will have the flexibility to sign free agents to long term contracts then. Moving Rondo for Chris Paul is an attempt to entice other free agents like Dwight Howard to come on board. It makes sense. They've got their eyes set on CP3 and Dwight being in Celtics unis next season with Pierce as captain and KG/Allen both signing one year contracts.

As a Celtics fan I'm reluctant to ship Rondo out, obviously. If there's any truth to the Broussard rumor about CP3 disinterested in signing an extension with Boston, the whole discussion is moot anyway.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #54
AMISTILLILL
Banned
 
AMISTILLILL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Salford Lads Club
Posts: 7,649
Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
wtf lol

Dude is quickly rising in the ranks of biggest troll on ISH (not you, the guy you quoted of course).
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #55
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 26,277
Default Re: Pacers want Rajon Rondo from Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller for 3
since the CP3 deal seems to be dead, doesnt that end this rumor as well? What motive would the Cs have to deal Rondo if they arent getting Paul?
Yeah, if CP3 won't sign an extension (getting REALLY tired of typing that) in Boston then it'd off I assume. Unless Boston really likes Darren Collison and that old wily vet that helped them get a ring James Posey.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy