Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 11-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here
Default Any other Celtics fans not sure what to expect?

I think this is the year that age really starts to show with KG, PP and RA. They need to be limited to 30-35 mpg, 35 at the high end.

Hopefully Ainge gets some young legs for the bench. Resigning Green and West would be a start, but they need more.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
BlackWhiteGreen
College superstar

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board
Default Re: Any other Celtics fans not sure what to expect?

imo - Danny's gonna blow it up.

Quote:
#Celtics D. Rivers on handling players mentioned in trade talks. "It's not going to be the last time. We're in a grown up business. We always have been. You just try to be as honest as possible to him, and you go from there."

http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/SherrodbCSN/~nsR9t

Looks like bye bye Rondo if we get the right deal... Can't see a worthwhile one w/Indiana though unless we get Hibbert + Collison.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
Bernie Nips
Local High School Star

Bernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this boardBernie Nips is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
imo - Danny's gonna blow it up.

http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/SherrodbCSN/~nsR9t

Looks like bye bye Rondo if we get the right deal... Can't see a worthwhile one w/Indiana though unless we get Hibbert + Collison.

I like Roy Hibbert, but I like Rondo a whole lot more.

Unless it turns out CP3 would sign an extension, I don't think trading Rondo is a good move.
Bernie Nips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
BlackWhiteGreen
College superstar

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Nips
I like Roy Hibbert, but I like Rondo a whole lot more.

Unless it turns out CP3 would sign an extension, I don't think trading Rondo is a good move.

Totally agree. And now Danny's said we're not trying to trade Rondo. So who knows? Guess we'll see in this short FA period.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #5
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The only deal that I think would be worth trading Rondo for is getting CP3 and Okafor back from New Orleans for Rondo. If it doesn't put us right behind the Heat then the trade isn't worth making.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
I think this is the year that age really starts to show with KG, PP and RA. They need to be limited to 30-35 mpg, 35 at the high end.

Hopefully Ainge gets some young legs for the bench. Resigning Green and West would be a start, but they need more.

My main concern is KG. He was a our defensive anchor and always has been. Ray is Ray. The man is in better shape than probably 90% of the players 10 years younger than him...he'll be fine barring any kind of injury. I also still think Pierce will be alright. The shortened 66 game season is definitely not hurting us, boys. KG is my main concern though. Without him and his defense we go nowhere. We need him to be able to anchor at an elite defensive level one more time. Rondo also needs to contribute more as a scorer and help Ray and Paul out. He needs to stop being afraid to drive because he doesn't want to go to the ft line and actually develop into at the very least an AVERAGE jump shooter. Seeing as there isn't going to be a full camp and preseason that sucks as far as getting Green involved in the offense because he could really use him. He mostly just looked lost out there in the system last year and we need him to be able to be a 6th man and add some fire power off the bench.

Last edited by Smoke117 : 12-05-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:37 AM   #7
Lebowski
Sweden Loves the Green

Lebowski has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic

Yeah this is not the "shortened season" I was expecting. 66 games is too much imo over 4 months. Atleast for us it is.

Right now I am not sure what to make of the Paul for Rondo thing. As it seems both Warriors and Clippers wont release their young stars. NO are left with who, us, lakers and the rockets?

I think our offer is really good (Rondo+Green+2 FR picks), and why NO isnt all over that is beyond me. Rondo, who has a great contract for the level of player he is, to go with 2 first round picks and Green.

Are we for it? Against it? I just cant decide at the moment.

We got a game in 7 days (or is it 8). When does the roster need to be minimum amount of players? Surely before pre-season starts, so something will happen the following days. What about Big Baby? Just shy of 2 millions a season is my offer, max. Our rookies?
Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: