Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-30-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Am i the only that Feels that Dwight Howard is overrated?

He's the best C by default. The cream of the Crop of Big men are at the power forward position.

Howard's fundamentals are still poor, He gets lost in games too often. He's very inconsistnet in regards to his point output night in and night out. Simply put he is not a Dominant. He's fools gold against an inferior opponent. His poor passing ability makes him most of the time incapable of capitalizing on the defense doubling him, His lack of a face-up game makes him very human from 5+ feet away from the rim. His low post moves while improving a bit are still quite lacking. His rebounding overrates him greatly, especially when you take into consderation how many "cheap" rebounds a game a big man will get.

His greatest contribution will always be his defense. Howard has no business being a primary option on offense.
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:24 AM   #2
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Am i the only that Feels that Dwight Howard is overrated?

I'd say yes. If he's so poor offensively and averages 23.5 ppg... that's INCREDIBLE. You don't win 3 straight DPOY's and carry your team to the finals and be considered overrated.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:49 AM   #3
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Guys scores 23 a game on 13 shots. He put up 25/15 and 27/15 the only two months he took as many as 14 shots a game. And when I say only 2...I mean the only 2 of his career.

The guy can drop 20 a game by actually setting out to score 5-10 times a night and getting the rest off effort and being fouled.

If he could afford to play halfassed D he could do numbers like the great centers used to even without being as skilled.

And when I say he could...its me disregarding that he already does.

Hes been one of the best players in the NBA one on one around the basket for at least 2-3 years but people somehow dont notice because he misses 2 hooks a game and runs a guy over at some point.

But guarded one on one....hes approaching unstoppable.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

FACT: The last dominant center that had the defensive/rebounding ability Dwight Howard has was Wilt.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:54 AM   #5
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

The second best player on Dwight's team was Jason Richardson...

Pretty sure he's not overrated lol.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:56 AM   #6
I.R.Beast

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I'd say yes. If he's so poor offensively and averages 23.5 ppg... that's INCREDIBLE. You don't win 3 straight DPOY's and carry your team to the finals and be considered overrated.

He did not Carry the magic to the finals....Thats Magic team that went to the finals was stacked, and if i rmember Correctly there was lot of Hedo turkoglu and Jameer nelosn invlolved in that successful season.

23 ppg is not dominant given the fact that the Center position is watered down to the point where he faces an undersized center on most nights. He's a Center most of his points come on easy putbacks and dunks..i would hope he can get 20 points on 15 shots or less, and factor in all the freethrows from the hack a howard. His Career ppg, and his minimal improvements over the course of his career does not point toward dominance...Dwight Howard is definately good, i just dont believe he belongs in the same Breath as Wade, Lebron, Dirk Kobe, Rose etc.

Last edited by I.R.Beast : 11-30-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:59 AM   #7
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
He did not Carry the magic to the finals....Thats Magic team that went to the finals was stacked, and if i rmember Correctly there was lot of Hedo turkoglu and Jameer nelosn invlolved in that title run.

lol, Nelson only played 5 games & averaged 4 PPG during the '09 postseason due to injury.

Take Dwight away from the Magic last year & they are a lottery team, with him they make the playoffs.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:00 AM   #8
I.R.Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
The second best player on Dwight's team was Jason Richardson...

Pretty sure he's not overrated lol.

The smae Jason Richard that played wuite fne until being paired with Dwight. Don't you find it ironic that players paired with Howard see their productivity fall off of a cliff?....Here's why, Instead of running a real offense they try to force the offense through Howard turning players with the ability to do more than just catch and shoot into spot up shooters, despite howards poor pasing ability. Howard one dimentionalizes his supporting cast. It's not that orlando doesn't have or has't had sufficient talent it's that the offense is all wrong.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:00 AM   #9
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

Quote:
23 ppg is not dominant given the fact that the Center position is watered down to the point where he faces an undersized center on most nights. He's a Center most of his points come on easy putbacks and dunks..i would hope he can get 20 points on 15 shots or less, and factor in all the freethrows from the hack a howard. His Career ppg, and his minimal improvements over the course of his career does not point toward dominance...Dwight Howard is definately good, i just dont believe he belongs in the same Breath as Wade, Lebron, Dirk Kobe, Rose etc.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:01 AM   #10
I.R.Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
lol, Nelson only played 5 games & averaged 4 PPG during the '09 postseason due to injury.

Take Dwight away from the Magic last year & they are a lottery team, with him they make the playoffs.
i was simply reffering to players that had great contributions to the season in general...Alston played very well for Orlando that year, so did their solid bench
Old 11-30-2011, 02:07 AM   #11
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
The smae Jason Richard that played wuite fne until being paired with Dwight. Don't you find it ironic that players paired with Howard see their productivity fall off of a cliff?....Here's why, Instead of running a real offense they try to force the offense through Howard turning players with the ability to do more than just catch and shoot into spot up shooters, despite howards poor pasing ability. Howard one dimentionalizes his supporting cast. It's not that orlando doesn't have or has't had sufficient talent it's that the offense is all wrong.

Or Jason Richardson didn't have Nash to create for him, and Jason Richardson has trouble creating for himself...

That Magic team had complete garbage on it. Hedo and Gilbert's corpses running around with the ball.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:11 AM   #12
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

There's not that many better offensively than Dwight. He has his flaws but still a legit primary offensive option in this era.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:12 AM   #13
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
He did not Carry the magic to the finals....Thats Magic team that went to the finals was stacked, and if i rmember Correctly there was lot of Hedo turkoglu and Jameer nelosn invlolved in that successful season.

Magic stacked? Jameer Nelson in the 09 season?

GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:12 AM   #14
I.R.Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
Or Jason Richardson didn't have Nash to create for him, and Jason Richardson has trouble creating for himself...

That Magic team had complete garbage on it. Hedo and Gilbert's corpses running around with the ball.

Jason Richardson had his career high in PPG when playing for GS when he created for his self display the ability to shoot it, post up and slash to the rim. Richardson doesnt need any to create his shot for him. He's capable.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:13 AM   #15
I.R.Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
There's not that many better offensively than Dwight. He has his flaws but still a legit primary offensive option in this era.
no sir.... He wil never win a ring as a primary option. He'll be good as a second fiddle tho
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: